Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,131

Thrillho

@nessisonett It works fine but 1) I didn’t properly read the screen on how it worked originally and 2) you have to think to use it straight away as, like in your example, some missions have points of no return after you can use it.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Today in DOOM, I fell through the floor and died. That was fun.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Ralizah The second last proper level, VEGA Central Processing. I should probably finish in the next day or two!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett 😂 nice, I walked through a rock earlier but luckily I walked back out unscathed!

See ya!

Thrillho

@nessisonett So you didn't even get the fun of the eternal fall like the video I posted a while ago?

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I actually fell through the floor into a moveable area, walked about two feet and then fell through into the void and made a big splat. It was pretty bizarre.

nessisonett

And that’s DOOM done! Honestly, I really thought that final boss was a bit of a disappointment all things considered. It felt like a normal end of chapter boss rather than a culmination of the whole game but I guess there really weren’t many bosses in the main game anyway. I would love to go for the platinum but it’s just far enough away that I really can’t be bothered. It was a pretty good game though, at its highs it’s brilliant fun but it did have a few pacing issues and like I said, the ending was a bit anti-climactic imo.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett well done, nice one!

I'm just on the level where you get the jump boots

Was there any single player DLC for this game? I know there was multiplayer dlc that was all made free as of update 6.66 but I wonder if there's any extra campaign like doom eternal will have

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Nah, there’s just multiplayer DLC!

Everyone still playing, I’d like to finish up by next Friday, the 30th, so that we can start Resident Evil 2 over Halloween weekend. Please don’t force yourself to rush DOOM but I’ll be setting the deadlines and such on that day!

Ralizah

Nice. I should have time to finish cleaning up the various in-game collectibles, then.

@nessisonett DOOM 2016 easily has the best bosses in the series up until this point (can't speak for Eternal). I was actually rather happy with all of the fun boss fights in the last half.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I dunno, I just expected something a bit more climactic. It gave me horrible flashbacks to Nihilanth in Half-Life 1.

ralphdibny

I just finished level 7, I really love this game now that I've got into the swing of it. I especially liked the music in the previous hell level. Hard rock mixed with satanic choirs was just awesome!

Level 7 is the first level I managed to get all the collectables in (except the classic level). I see there is a mission select so I may go back and mop up the rest when I've finished the game.

See ya!

Th3solution

@ralphdibny Nice! Making some good progress I see. (Hopefully that means your ear is better). You’re not far behind me. I finished off the 8th level last night and am knee deep in the 9th. The game definitely does grow on and quite literally getting into a rhythm with it.

Have you been getting many of the Rune trials? I have found about 7 or so, and have completed about 5 of them. I find the Rune power ups of limited value, but I have one for increased ammo and for glory kill enhancement.

A couple of the nests in the 8th and 9th levels are a little tough. I keep forgetting to break out my really powerful guns though and so when I’ve died it’s because I’m trying to bring down a Hell Knight with my assault rifle of plasma gun. Gotta get the missile launcher or chain gun for those situations. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I'm on the last day of antibiotics today, it's pretty much there but still a bit iffy. I won't use earphones in it for a while I think! Cheers for checking in!

I think I've only missed one of the rune trials so far, it was the kandinger sanctum level 6 and it was the one behind a gate near the beginning. I tried getting into it for ages but by the time I looked at my map I was locked behind the door at the end of the level and couldn't go back for it!

I've also missed one praetor token in level 8 that I'm currently on near the beginning behind a lockdown door which also had the automap in it, I couldn't work out how to get into it and then I got locked out of it when I met the 7 foot robot. I did manage to find the classic level lever in this one though, it took a really long double jump to get to it!

I only use the vacuum rune and I've got a couple others equipped but I'm not sure which ones. The vacuum one is quite useful tho! The advice to upgrade the praetor suit for secret scanning early on was really useful and I think I've done most levels about 80/90% since I got it so there's just a bit to mop up if I decide to go back.

In addition to the glory kills slowing down the madness, changing weapons gives you some respite too. You can move with the left stick but obviously can't aim because the right stick is choosing on the weapon wheel. Im mostly super shotgunning baddies, using the assault rifle if I need to keep them alive for a glory kill challenge and using the Gauss cannon with the charged shot mod for harder enemies.

See ya!

nessisonett

My method of choice was stun bombs and then moving in with the super shotgun. If you have the upgrades, you can melt basically any enemy!

Th3solution

@ralphdibny @nessisonett I finished the 9th level and I struggled mightily there at the end. I’ll post spoiler tagged experiences on the next post just in case ralph hasn’t got there yet.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

As far as the end of 9:

I just beat Cyberdemon (whose character design was pretty awesome) and it was quite hard for me actually. I died like 6-7 times. I finally figured out that I had to change the tactics I’d been using the whole time for most other enemies, namely for the boss it was more effective to keep my distance and try to take potshots as often as possible. Even with doing that his AOE attacks were pretty tough to avoid. I got down to the last sliver of health for the both of us until I remembered — “Oh yeah, I forgot I have the BFG. I wonder if that works against him.” 😂 Oh well, at least I remembered eventually. Three shots of the BFG was plenty to knock the last section of the health bar.

Edited on by Th3solution

Ralizah

@Th3solution lol I completely spaced that I had a fully-loaded BFG when I fought him. Which ended up being fine: the fight was a lot of fun with just the rocket launcher and chaingun.

I appreciated how clearly he telegraphed his attacks. Still tough, but so much better compared to the Cyberdemon encounters in previous DOOMs, where you were screwed if you didn't constantly take cover behind scenery.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Yeah, once I learned the cadence it’s helped a lot.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic