Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,131

Thrillho

@Trisque One thing I really liked about the game is that it never felt like you were going the “wrong” way when exploring. You could hit areas you didn’t feel ready for but very few would completely stop you from being able to work your way through.

The map also links together really well so there are so many ways to go through the game.

Thrillho

Trisque

@Thrillho oh most definitely. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that the Royal Waterways connect to the Fungal Wastes and when I found out that there is a neat shortcut in Crystal Peak to Dirtmouth. The map is so intricately linked together and encourages exploration so strongly. I know that from where I am in the game I can get to this place @mookysam mentioned called the Resting Grounds, but I haven't found it yet. I've been having too much fun exploring other parts of the map to do so. There's so much to do in this game, I'm suffering from abundance lol.

Trisque

nessisonett

I really wish Hollow Knight came to Vita, I’ve been playing using Remote Play and it works so well. It controls a lot nicer with the D-Pad and the lighting is great on the OLED.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

@nessisonett won't lie I'm playing on a switch and its perfect game for handheld. Even with joy cons it feels so precise

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam I have it on Switch but it’s on PS Now so I’m playing on PS4 this time. The HD Rumble was great on Switch but I’ve made my distaste for the joy cons known on many occasions because now even my right stick is drifting.

Trisque

@nessisonett personally I really enjoy it on a bigger screen. Though it does seem like a game that would be great if portable, playing it on a big screen helps me to simply appreciate the wonderful art of the game.

Trisque

nessisonett

@Trisque I’ve gone between my TV and the Vita and it definitely does look great on both. The art is fantastic. I’d encourage anyone with decent headphones to try playing the game with those on, the sound design is really impressive.

R1spam

@nessisonett I'm lucky nintendo fixed mine in warranty and it hasn't ever come back. I couldn't imagine buying a switch lite though, nintendo should really sort it out!

Trisque

Well, I found the Resting Grounds and got the Dream Nail. I also finally found out what was being the door in the Soul Sanctum. I won't spoil it for those who haven't gone there, but rest assured it is worth experiencing.

Trisque

Thrillho

Anyone had a go in the Colosseum yet? The third trial took me forever to get through.

And, although people are a way off it yet, I hope people have a go at the Grimm Troupe DLC and the infamous Path of Pain!

Thrillho

nessisonett

I’m gonna go back to it today, I’ve been right into Metro Last Light, FFXIV and I started the original Assassin’s Creed so I need to make time for Hollow Knight!

Trisque

@Thrillho I actually don't know how to get to the Colosseum yet. I believe I have to ability to reach it but there are still places in the map I need to explore.
Has anyone got to Crystal Peak yet? It was the prettiest part of the game for me so far and gives access to a neat power-up.

Trisque

mookysam

@Trisque Yeah, that was the area I was in the other day. My favourite area so far has been the City of Tears because the music gives it such a great atmosphere.

@nessisonett I played with headphones today because the grass outside was being mowed, and it really did enhance the experience. Audio is always better through headphones, so it was nice to pick up the little sounds that are completely missed via the TV speakers.

I think I've made good progress in today's session. Got through the Deepnest, which is by far the creepiest area in the game because of how dark it is. There was quite a grim moment in a village there! With the tram now working I also got to the Kingdom's Edge and did the first Colosseum gauntlet, beat Hornet again and am now in a bee hive.

Flying enemies really are where I mainly struggle - especially ones with projectiles!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

Well I just beat Mantis Lords without any of the nail upgrades and without being hit. I demand a medal 😂

Trisque

@nessisonett I don't know how to insert an image into a post, so you're just going to have to imagine the medal here. Congratulations anyway, regardless of the existence of the medal.

Trisque

nessisonett

@Trisque Cheers!

I wandered around in Deepnest but didn’t find the map so after making my way back to the surface I bought the map from the shop. I then got my first nail art in Howling Cliffs before remembering I had to go to the City of Tears. I’ve been all about!

Edited on by nessisonett

Trisque

@nessisonett the map was near the entrance a bit above and to the left. You find Cornifer and he tells you the place is scary (which I personally agreed with and promptly left, though I'd like to go back before continuing the story). However, if you didn't find him he probably moved on so check Iselda's shop. She sells the maps that you miss as well.
The next part of the story requires me to find the three dreamers, but I don't want to fight them. They sounded like heroes. Maybe you can just talk with them...

Trisque

nessisonett

I’ve made quite a bit of progress now, worked my way through the Royal Waterways and Ancient Basin and acquired 2 nail upgrades. I also bought the lantern. I think it’s the east part of City of Tears next but I could be wrong about that. I can’t remember what the pipes cleared after all.

Trisque

I think I'm behind the majority of the club, as I've been attempting to explore areas once I find them rather than progressing through the storyline. Currently trying to get through this path of spike growths in Greenpath.

Trisque

R1spam

Nah, I think I'm behind, just entered the Royal waterways but have missed the map in the city of tears. I actually took forever to get in, there's a bit of a tricky platforming section to open up the bridges to the city of tears, ooft I died a lot

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic