Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,131

Trisque

@R1spam we will be behind together!
If you've missed the city of tears map, you can actually buy it from Iselda in Dirtmouth in the map store. I would definitely recommend coming back to the city of tears with a map, because the city of tears provides access to an area with a pretty neat boss fight as well as some useful upgrades.

Trisque

R1spam

@Trisque thanks for the advice! Is conifer not about in the city of tears? I just thought I had missed him.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Trisque

@R1spam he's to the top left, along with the stag station a bit above him. He's probably moved by now if you already got to the royal waterways, but going there is still useful because of the stag station (and if you've met the mighty Zote then you may find him there as well).

Edited on by Trisque

Trisque

Trisque

I have reached the Ancient Basin but the Mawleks there take too long for me to fight. I need pale ore for my nail. So I went into the Royal Waterways looking for ore and instead accidentally found something that allowed me to swim in the acid.
There's this place near the merchant Leg Eater (I am a little concerned about him. Will he try to eat me once I buy his stuff?) that was accessible by swimming through the acid so I did that and wound up in Fog Canyon once more. Found Quirrel and he helped me fight the jellyfish boss. After that I found one of the Dreamers, Monomon the teacher and got a bit more lore that made me sad.

Still no pale ore, though.

Edited on by Trisque

Trisque

nessisonett

@Trisque ...guess I need to go back into the Royal Waterways! I did find Pale Ore though so if you give up then you can always ask for a hint!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

@Trisque thanks for that!! Found him and the stag station then ventured into the soul sanctuary. The quality and sheer scale of the map design is so impressive! I think I payed like £7 for this game, its unbelievablely good and would be worth so much more. Silksong will definitely be on my watch list when it comes out.

Trisque

@R1spam anytime! And you're right about the map. I was exploring the Royal Waterways today and got an upgrade that gave me the ability to swim in the acid. While doing so in that area I actually came across a secret shortcut that led to the Forgotten Crossroads. In the same gaming session I found a path that connected the Fungal Wastes to Fog Canyon and then by accident found a completely new area! There is so much to do in this game I am still exploring areas in the early areas. I found a few new areas (and a boss) in the Forgotten Crossroads, and am currently trying to explore the rest of Greenpath. I highly recommend you go back to previous areas and try to completely explore them.

Trisque

Thrillho

@Trisque I’m glad you’re loving the game! It seems to have gone a little under the radar on PlayStation at least.

Did you ever find the Colosseum though? That might help you towards getting some pale ore..

Thrillho

Trisque

@Thrillho no I haven't! Still looking. I know the pale ore is somewhere, and so I'm just going through the areas exploring the places I previously could not access. Finished Forgotten Crossroads (I think) other than the tram, but I don't have the tram pass yet. Now in Greenpath.
Thank you for the hint, however.

Edited on by Trisque

Trisque

Thrillho

@Trisque There are several pale ore around the map so happy hunting!

Thrillho

mookysam

Beat the final boss with a main completion of 92% and time of 49 hours and 37 minutes. Just over a week of the month left, so I’m pretty happy with that. I wasn’t expecting the game to become my main focus, but became quite hooked. I spent much of Saturday in an area called the White Palace, which was opened using an upgraded dream nail. The platforming in there is intense and I couldn’t get though the third main floor, which was slightly disappointing as I had managed the ones before.

Excellent game that I thoroughly enjoyed playing, even if it was perhaps a little bloated towards the end. I liked that it was skill based, but not unfair, although would be lying if I said some of the bosses aren't quite tricky challenges. Especially the Mantis Lords, which I did not realise were optional and had not upgraded my health or nail at that stage. Great music, sound design and atmosphere that enhance the experience. I think I’ll buy the soundtrack!

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Thrillho

@mookysam Not attempting the DLC then? And which ending did you get?

Thrillho

mookysam

@Thrillho I might give it a look, although from what I've read it sounds rather difficult. Where on the map do I find it? I got an ending where he absorbed the Hollow Knight's essence and was locked up in his place. It seems like a not particularly good ending. I couldn't beat the White Palace to get the other half of the kingsoul so reckon a better ending will elude me. There was also a scene at the end of the credits with the weird mushroom blasting off like a rocket and it said "to be continued".

Black Lives Matter

Thrillho

@mookysam Yeah, it’s a bit obtuse to start the DLC. How anyone happens to find it by themselves is a miracle!

https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Category:The_Grimm_Troupe

It is certainly endgame/late game stuff and the final boss fight is up there with some of the Souls games for how I felt when I finally beat them. I’ve posted the vid of me doing it on here before as I was so chuffed with myself when I did it.

As for endings;

Yeah, that’s the worst one! A lot of the endings are linked to getting the Void Heart which also allows you to fight the true final boss as well.

https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Endings_(Hollow_Knight)

The mushroom thing is a bit weird and linked to meeting that character at all places during the game. I don’t know what relevance it has.

Thrillho

mookysam

@Thrillho Cheers for the link. That really is completely out there! What’s worse is I think I found the area much earlier in the game and completely forgot. Anyhoo I started the DLC, collected the flame things and then attempted the Grimm boss. Although I loved the core game, I think that now I’ve completed it it feels about right to move on as I’m quite satisfied with what I got out of the game.

Black Lives Matter

nessisonett

Made a bit more progress today! Almost at the first dreamer in Deepnest which I got way closer than normal to through an area I genuinely didn’t see my first playthrough, Queen’s Gardens. I picked up a key which unlocks... something so I’ll need to look around in another area. Really cool how I’ve found an optional area that I had no clue about! I also have another pale ore so going to grab my third nail upgrade.

nessisonett

I seem to have accidentally started The Grimm Troupe. From the sounds of it online, 99% of players needed to look up how to do it so I guess I got extremely lucky in stumbling across it!

Thrillho

@nessisonett Ha, that is a good find! I would never have found it otherwise (see also: The Path of Pain).

I hope you make it to Nightmare King Grimm!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@R1spam @Trisque Just to let you know that we have roughly a week until the end of the month but I like to start games at the weekend so do you both think you’ll have finished by the 3rd at the latest?

R1spam

@nessisonett will try my best!! Being honest can't see me finishing the dlc but chance of finishing the main game by then. If not, I'll still keep plugging away at it anyway and go on without me! The gameplay is so enjoyable. Also keen to try doom 2016 and understand its much shorter than hk, I've just been busy at work etc

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic