Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,131

Th3solution

@nessisonett Playing the PS5 version but assuming PS4 is the same— Default controls are L1 to ascend, R1 to descend, R2 to use whatever you have equipped in your hand, left and right D-pad to quick select item for use. You have to open the menu and select the item and press “X” to place it into the hotbar for quick select and there is no option to map the quick select bar, it will just place whatever item you select into the farthest left and push everything else down one spot. That’s fine except it will then drop whatever is on the right end, which is not always the one you want to replace with the new item. So if you want to replace an item from the bar that is in the middle, you’re effectively having to solve a mini-puzzle game in your head to cycle through the items in the menu, selecting them in the order that you want them to appear in the quick-select bar. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s an inelegant way to organize your loadout.

Otherwise the controls are reasonable. Just press the left analog in the direction you want to swim and usually you go that direction. My issue is mainly trying to get used to the physics of the game and in the grab/hit box detection.

————

I made the seamoth now and it’s adding an interesting new approach. It takes some getting used to driving, as bumping around on the rocks will quickly deplete your ship integrity. But having a endless supply of oxygen that you can park at 100 m depth has opened up the ability to dive deeper without fear of not making it to the surface in time. I’m starting to appreciate some of the problem solving and skill required to advance the game. Right now I’m just a little put off by needing a bunch of resources that I have no idea where to find. Thankfully the game drip feeds distress signals on the radio that pulls you to certain areas, but I still feel like I’m searching in the wrong place sometimes.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

As an interesting aside — did anyone else notice that the trophy percentage for “Getting your feet wet” is only at 76%?
We had just been talking about the surprising number of people who boot up a game and literally barely give it 5 minutes chance before abandoning it. You get that first trophy literally for just watching the opening scene, put out the fire and then jump in the water. 1/4 of players don’t even make it that far. 😆
Not sure what people were expecting from a game called “Subnautica” if they weren’t even going to jump in the water.

I would have liked to see what that trophy percent was before the game was offered for free.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution that's weird! If it's the same game as it is on Xbox then it's a really easy trophy list that you can do in less than an hour using console commands. Might be worth mopping up with that method after a normal playthrough

See ya!

Th3solution

@ralphdibny Oh really? Wow, I don’t think the trophies are very easy although so far I’ve popped 3 just naturally playing through the game. There are only 18 total trophies, so a lot of silver and golds. The platinum is at 4.5% rate of achievement, so pretty rare.
I’m not aware of any special developer console command options on PS4/5.

Edited on by Th3solution

ralphdibny

@Th3solution console commands are like cheats so it wouldn't be natural to do it that way! I think you hold L1 and R1 on the pause menu to get to the developer menu. I feel like that shady guy that wears a coat with loads of inside pockets full of fake rolexes 😂

See ya!

crimsontadpoles

@Th3solution Out of curiosity where are you seeing the 76% number for the Getting Your Feet Wet trophy? On my PS4 it shows up as a slightly more sensible 91.2%.

As for the people that didn't get the trophy, maybe some of them put this game in their backlog and plan to play it eventually. I'll sometimes check that a new game is installed and runs correctly, before putting it aside because I'm too busy with other games.

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Honestly, it works alright. Probably about the same as on PS4 because PSVR really isn’t as cutting-edge as some of these newer and more expensive headsets. It’s worth it to play GameCube games in VR though, Mario Kart Double Dash and Star Wars Rogue Leader were brilliant!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Th3solution Those controls definitely sound more complicated than PC, where you just hold the space bar to ascend, and do most other actions with the mouse. As long as it’s playable that’s the main thing!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett oh cool, might be worth working out at some point. I've done very little experimentation with the PSVR to be honest. I was planning to hook it up to the PSTV so I could try Metal Gear Acid 2 at some point, I guess it'd work the same way as the people who use it instead of Labo VR on Switch.

But it working on PC is a whole different ballgame! Might make something like Half Life Alyx accessible. Having said that, by the time I get around to it, it will probably either be out on consoles or I'll have a PC vr set anyway lol

See ya!

Th3solution

@nessisonett The initial sensitivity setting for the camera are way too sensitive too, but that’s easily modified in the settings to my preference so as to be a little more exact. The mouse sounds like a nice option and probably much more precise and easier to navigate with. But it’s far from unplayable. In fact it’s better than a lot of water controls I’ve played, so I’m mostly accustomed now. Having a good time so far, now that I have made a little progress.

@crimsontadpoles I’m playing the PS5 version, so I guess that’s the difference maybe? Because when I click on the trophy that’s what it says — 76.4%
Unless there is a regional aspect to their trophy percentages... but I don’t think so. If so, then Americans appear to abandon the game much more quickly than UK gamers. 😂

Edited on by Th3solution

andreoni79

FYI there's still a really annoying bug that made me abandon the game after +40 hours: the seamoth and the prawn suit may just disappear under the beach if you leave them there. Their icons will remain but once you reach them you won't find them...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution There is no regional aspect to how trophy percentages are calculated lol. I just checked True Trophies and yep the PS5 version has a seperate trophy list.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I figured. So PS5 players are more prone to give up on the game quickly (or boot it to test it out before filing it into the backlog like @crimsontadpoles suggested) than PS4 players. Which is actually the opposite of what I would have expected, given PS5 owners have much fewer options to play (as far as native PS5 games) and would be a more dedicated crowd, I’d venture. 🤔

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution You could argue that people with a PS5 have more games to play with all their ps4 games to play too, so are more likely to put things down especially if they feel different enough like Subnautica does.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

R1spam

@Th3solution is there anything about how the app seems to want to download games rather than just add them to your library that might affect the percentages?

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

render

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder We are one of the guilty PS5 owners that just tried it but haven't continued playing. I platinumed the PS4 version (the hard way I'll add) but the kids really got into the creative mode so I installed the PS5 version thinking that it would be massively better for them to tinker with that. You can't get any trophies in that mode so we are helping to skew that stat. I actually found that the PS5 version is not much better than the PS4 version and actually worse in terms of performance as it seems to tear really badly.

render

Th3solution

@R1spam I don’t think so. The game still has to be manually launched in order for the trophy list to generate, as far as I can tell.
But it might be like @render says, that those who play only the creative mode just never earn that first trophy which pops in the first 5 minutes.

nessisonett

I made a load more progress tonight. Now have a knife, which meant I could get the rubber and then mesh. So I have a radiation suit, fins, repair tool and a seaglide. I just need to change the seaglide’s battery but I’m working towards getting a seamoth now. I do want a rebreather too. I’ve also been towards 2 SOS beacon thingies so got the rewards from them.

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
Nice one, I'm about an hour or so ahead of you, although I don't appear to have a blueprint for a seamoth. I'm enjoying it anyway, a fun exploration game. Had my first death by getting lost in a cave. Tricky to navigate.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett wrote:

Now have a rubber and then mesh.

That could possibly be made into something really useful IRL.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic