Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 121 to 140 of 2,131

ralphdibny

@crimsontadpoles oh right! Was it that doctor woman who said that? I told her to get out so I had no such guidance, hmmm interesting

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Will have to do a cosplay thread one of these days, would be cool to see what different people have gone to conventions as.

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@LieutenantFatman yeah that'd be awesome, except I'd have to reveal my secret identity haha

I've only been to one convention, a small charity one that a colleague of mine put on. Most of my outfits are from birthday parties down the pub! Yes, we did get some funny looks from the local geezas!

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny That sounds like a Simon Pegg movie. Geezers vs Nerds, coming to a multiplex near you.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett Simon Pegg, one of the lads...has a dark secret...he owns a commodore 64. Which side will come out on top? Who will he turn to? The war between geezers and nerds rages on within Simon Peggs soul and he might just reveal himself to be...

A well balanced person

See ya!

Th3solution

I’ve started Erica, and I like it pretty well so far. The controls on the touch pad take a little getting used to.
It’s slow to get going but I think I’m invested into the story now.

I will say it puts the DualShock 4 light bar to significant use doesn’t it? 😄. Never seen my controller flicker and change colors so frequently before.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@crimsontadpoles @ralphdibny I finished Erica, split it into 3 sessions, despite it only being 2-3 hrs long 😅
It definitely would be better playing in one sitting because I forgot a few things in between sessions. Nevertheless, this is what I did —
like you two I shot the bald guy (Lucien?) at the end and burned the place down. I saved two of the three girls — Kirsten and Tobi. I don’t know if it’s possible to save all three. I spent my extra time choosing to hang out with the weird girl Kirsten at that one part, so different from you two. She shows you some picture she’s been drawing of foxes, deer, rabbits, and butterflies. She warns you about that something is amiss and they will wipe your memory if they found out you know about it. She is less psychotic when you hang out with her and I became convinced that she wasn’t just imagining these things.

How many trophies ended up popping for you? I like how they all pop at the end, by the way. For me I got around 6 for a 13% completion after my playthrough.

I kinda want to play it again and not burn the place down, not shoot the administrator guy, try to get on the cops nerves, etc. I don’t know if any of the endings actually get you reunited with your mother and if she is really alive or not.

Anyways, overall I quite liked it. It’s another feather in the cap of Sony for putting out some daring and varied content for their first and second party games. They get a lot of guff for pumping out loads of samey third person action stealth story driven games, and that is definitely their calling card (Uncharted, TLOU, GoW, HZD, Spiderman, and now Ghost of T) but they have these little exclusives like Erica that try something new. Same for Concrete Genie, Dreams, Detroit, Until Dawn, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, etc. So I’m glad to have played Erica; It helps that I like story heavy games and ‘choice and consequence’ games and this is an interesting take on that formula.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution nice one well done! I'm not sure how many trophies popped exactly but I did check their rarity so I could do the equivalent of the Telltale games post game stats pages. Most of them were rare or very rare, that's all the trophies not just mine, which only tells me that most people have only played through the game once!

See ya!

Th3solution

@crimsontadpoles Oh no! You didn’t save anyone? 😅 Honestly I wasn’t sure I was even going to save Kirsten and Tobi. I mean I did get the right medicine because I had questioned the doctor and she said something about giving epinephrine in the heart before she bolted. But it was vague as to whether they would try to make it out since I chose to burn the place down on a last minute whim, lol.

@ralphdibny Yeah, the platinum rate is like 1.6%. Most of the trophies are pretty rare. I bet the best ending where Erica’s reunited with her mom is pretty specific in the path you have to take.

Anyone else finish the game and what did you think?
@Kidfried I think you played it. What ending did you get and how’d you like it?

crimsontadpoles

I did a second playthrough as I wanted to know what would happen if I made completely different choices. It ended up being not too different from the first time. So, like plenty of other story choice driven games, it brags about lots of choices but then most outcomes lead to the same place.

This time around, I got drunk with Tobi instead of making fragrances with Hannah. I then brought the cop to the killer lady instead of going alone. She killed him there and then instead of killing him later. I refused to go with her and went back alone. Despite that, we bump into her later, and she gives you her gun no matter what. Erica then goes down below, and gets the usual option of whether to shoot the bald guy. This time, I chose to not shoot him, then accept his help. It then vaguely ends with Erica seemingly joining him at Delphi House.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

nessisonett

I think this raises a good point, do people want to do another playthrough this week or are people wanting to start thinking about the next game?

Th3solution

@crimsontadpoles hmmm.... that’s a little disappointing. I guess I expected a different outcome but it looks like all roads lead to the same few plot points. Perhaps we are never supposed to learn what’s really going on in that facility and who’s telling the truth.

So @nessisonett I guess I would say that I’ll probably not play it again right now, having read some of the other storylines that people have gotten. I’d be in favor of moving on. I still liked Erica for what it was, but I’m not feeling as inclined to have another go at it right away. So what is the next game?

nessisonett

@Th3solution Next game up is Infamous First Light, should be interesting to see how PS4 has changed given it was an early game. I’ll wait for more people to give their thoughts and if we’re moving on then we can start downloading tomorrow. I’m annoyed with myself that I couldn’t find time to play Erica this week but I’m glad that most of you enjoyed yourselves!

ralphdibny

@crimsontadpoles nice, well done on having another go! Without vastly different outcomes I think the mileage on extra plays depends on how much you love the story. I think the only game of this nature that I'd replay is Tales from the borderlands because (I've said this before) it is genuinely the funniest game I've ever played and I'd love to see more scenes from it even if the outcome is mostly similar. I've never played another borderlands game but I genuinely love Tales. Having said that, I can't remember what choices I made last time so I probably wouldn't be able to make different ones on another playthrough

It's a bit like the difference between a dvd you'll watch all the special features on and a dvd that just goes back on the shelf once you've watched the show/movie I guess!

@nessisonett it's a vote to move on from me! Though I won't be joining in with First Light as I've played it fairly recently but that's ok as I have other things to be getting on with. I just had to list a bunch of stuff on ebay so I can make up for the new phone and glasses I just bought to replace my old broken ones !

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

Righty then, the game for the coming weeks is Infamous: First Light, it was on PS+ and shouldn’t be very expensive. I have no idea how long it is but I’ve heard it’s short enough to be playable in a few sittings. Anybody feel free to join in, if you’ve taken part before or not.

nessisonett

And today I have realised that I must have not actually redeemed First Light through +. Have fun you lot 😂😂

Th3solution

Uh oh. Is anyone going to play First Light? It’s a stellar game and I considered re-downloading it for a replay, but I’m not the type of person to replay games typically. I’d definitely recommend to those who have even a slight interest to give it a go. And it’s very topical because it was the last game made by Sucker Punch before beginning the long development of Ghost of Tsushima.

nessisonett

@Th3solution I feel like we need a mass tag to generate interest and find out what people are really wanting to play.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic