Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,131

Kidfried

I'm afraid to vote for The Frozen Wilds at this point, but it's either that or Subnautica for me.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

Just gonna interrupt the voting with my best Hokkaido score.

Untitled

Silent Assassin, Suit Only. I feel like that's the best I'm ever gonna manage, so it makes for a fitting farewell to the past six weeks of our collective murder and mayhem (that's it, pass the weapon around, get everybody's prints on it). Been great to return to Hitman with y'all.

Right, back to forcing @nessisonett to play The Frozen Wilds next week!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Oof, you destroyed my score! I expect a detailed account of how you did it so quickly! I only managed it in 8 minutes 😅

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Since I didn't transfer my progress from PS4, I didn't have any choice but to start in my suite, with no weapons or items. This limited my options immensely, to the point where I think there's only one viable path... that, and I always want to do the elegant heart-destroying thing.

Run out into the garden, go to the top-left and use the drainpipe to slide down two floors. Climb through the window into the staff quarters and pick up the surgeon's drug dosage remote. Sneak up through the morgue, trigger it and hide until he asks to be left alone with the heart, then dash in behind the guards as they walk out of the secure door. Knock out the surgeon, hide him in the cupboard, and destroy the heart. At this point, I made a save (although I could've made more, as I was only playing on Professional).

Use the stairwell directly opposite the heart room to head upstairs, and you should have a clear run down that long corridor towards the back of the spa. Sneak through the first door you pass, raise the temperature in the sauna to clear it, and then wait for Yuki. When she enters the sauna, her guard walks away and you can dash out and block the door behind her.

Then you can simply walk out the left of the spa, through the outdoor pool to the hidden path which leads directly down to the two parked snowmobiles. There's your exit.

Took me four runs (and plenty of recall from years of playing Hokkaido) to perfect.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Kinda mad how we’ve done it completely different ways suit only with only a 4 minute gap. Yours is definitely better though!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Speaks to the brilliance of the game design, doesn't it? And apologies, I realise you also started out in 47's suite so I should clarify, when I said "there's only one viable path" I meant at that kinda breakneck pace. Your strategy was very risky, which makes it all the more impressive, but I'd never have even thought to attempt it. Dragging the nurse as far as you did would've shredded my nerves, let alone using an unsilenced gun to shoot Soders! I don't think I've ever fired an unsilenced gun in the game!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Silencers are for weaklings! Unsilenced guns all the way 😂😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett
Untitled

My reaction to the idea of firing an unsilenced weapon in a Hitman game is exactly the same reaction David Bateson (Agent 47) has to drinking moonshine.

Making It So Since 1987

Mr_B021

HZD Frozen Wilds or Vampyr please. I’m rounding up Hokkaido, and will continue with Hitman 2. Really getting the hang of it now. This game suits the game club format perfectly. I enjoyed reading your tips and the suit only silent assassin run descriptions.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 I’ve just continued onto Hitman 2 as well. Definitely nice to play them all through Hitman 3, meaning I can work my way through the first two games again before finally getting stuck into those new levels.

R1spam

Well my last run was only two stars but I have managed something I haven't in the game before, a suit only run in professional! I managed to get into the security room, knocked the two guards out and stole a gun, got through the garden where the lawyer and hospital director meet. Then popped her with the hand gun from the back of the garden and slid down the pipe to the mortuary. I snuck through there and switched the stem cell infusion off and when folks where distracted by the defibrillator alarms, I shot the guy on the table and ran out through the garage to escape on the snowmobile. I've really enjoyed my time with the game, the emergent chaos of the game combined with the curated experience of the mission stories is so good! I've really enjoyed everyone's experiences and some of ness and Rodgers are insane. I can see why they went for episodes for this release, it really works for this game where its narrative light and the complexity of the level design comes out with multiple replays. I'm excited to see what IOI do with the bond IP. Top question, what would you want from a bond game from IOI? I'm hoping for 3rd person stealth focus still with some awesome bond quips and maybe dialogue choices? I feel like Bond should be able to talk his way out of situations and IOI certainly know how to handle light hearted dialogue!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Kidfried

I love how y'all are shooting for good scores, something I was totally not thinking of while playing the game. I replayed the levels for all these different challenges and to explore everything they had; never came to my mind to achieve a better score actually.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Sorry been a little busy the past few days! Hope I'm not too late (I still didn't get a notification from that group tag btw. No idea why) 😅

I'd be up for Subnauntica. I'd already played through it a bit whilst I was away on my break but not too far so I can jump in with a fresh save or whatever.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Mr_B021

@RogerRoger @nessisonett Thanks for the tips. It is much more fun exploring now and it definitely helps with the mastery of a level. My best Hokkaido score so far is a 5 star, 11.18 min, 163.692. Stil experimenting with a suit only, silent assassin run in Colorado. How did you execute your best Colorado run?

@R1spam What I would like to see from IOI’s Bond game? Don’t do a new storyline (they’re almost always rubbish) but recreate iconic Bond moments in separate levels just like in World of Assassination. There are more than enough interesting locations to keep us busy in the coming years.

Edited on by Mr_B021

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 For Colorado, I shot the hay bale so that it dropped on the first woman. I then made my way to the guy with the mask’s shed, took out both guards and dumped them in the box outside. I waited for the target and then killed him and put him in the cupboard inside. For the last two targets, I waited until they stopped to chat inside the farmhouse and dropped the chandelier on them both. I then escaped!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight @R1spam
That’s the voting done. Final votes are:
HZD: The Frozen Wilds - 6
Subnautica - 5
Vampyr - 3
Life is Strange - 2
Mafia - 2
Resident Evil 3 - 1
Doom Eternal - 1
Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture - 1

So that means Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds is our game for the foreseeable. No clue how we sort this into checkpoints or anything so just install and we’ll see how it goes for the first week!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic