Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 2,131

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Sorry I missed out, what were these votes for?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

@TraCuz- Just to determine the next game we’re playing as part of Game Club. If you’re quick, I could always take your vote into consideration.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Oh how nice, I didn't realize that's a thing we do on Push. How often do we vote? And I'll just go with Frozen Wilds as I just completed back in January and wouldn't mind joining the discussion.

Currently Playing:

nessisonett

@TraCuz- It’s usually once a month but just whenever we finish a game. Hitman was 6 weeks for the 6 levels so it was an extra long one. I’ll add you to the big tag list!

Col_McCafferty

I've only recently finished The Frozen Wilds but have fun those that haven't and if you need any tips, well don't ask me.

😉

Col_McCafferty

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Thanks friend, looking forward to discussions

Currently Playing:

LieutenantFatman

So, I've started this and jumped back in on a save where I was about 50% of the way through NG+ on ultra hard difficulty. I went to switch it to normal difficulty but it won't let me, it's locked in, lol. Playing the new content on ultra hard is definitely an interesting way to play it though!

I was worried I would hit a brick wall with it being impossible but after remembering all the controls I'm doing quite well so far. I do have to use a lot of potions and medicine to get through some of the big encounters. One hit generally means I've lost my shields. And if you've got multiple enemies after you, staying alive isn't at all easy, but I'm really enjoying the challenge so far.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

I couldn’t find my disc of the game so am glad it was free to download at the moment..

I gave it a quick go yesterday and, as before, I’m really struggling to get to grips with the game again. I can barely remember how to use some of the weapons correctly and I swore there was a way of highlighting the bits on the enemies you could take out.

The game also seems to have a really bad frame rate to me now.

My last save was from Jan 2018 which seemed ridiculously long ago!

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Well I'll be sitting out this month then but I look forward to seeing the opinions on people who're playing frozen wilds for the first time for when I eventually get to it!

Plus hopefully we get a lot of nice photo mode snaps too!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Mr_B021

@Thrillho I’m also struggling to get up to speed again. Use R3 to scan and highlight enemies. I’m playing on OG PS4 and the game has aged quite a bit.. 🤔 Still beautiful, but not a smooth as I remembered.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

LieutenantFatman

Oh the frame rate really struggles sometimes on the ps4, can't say I really mind but it is noticeable on some of big manic battles.
I feel like I'm enjoying this expansion a bit more than I did the main game in 2017, not sure why.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@R1spam Congratulations on your Suit Only run back there! Sounds like a well-executed plan; I think the first time I ever played Hokkaido, back in the day, my first port of call was the security room, too. It's always a smart place to start in a level like that!

As for Bond, I think it's gonna feel a little more fluid than Hitman, which is very deliberate with all of its context-sensitive commands and whatnot. Don't get me wrong, there's still gonna be plenty of stealth, and I agree with you that dialogue options should be incorporated (Bond is much better at bluffing his way out of a tense situation), but it also needs better gunplay. I also think it should feature vehicle levels, which I don't think IO Interactive have ever done before.

@Mr_B021 Great score for Hokkaido, nicely done! As for Colorado, it's been a long while since I completed a Silent Assassin, Suit Only run there, but I seem to remember dropping things on people's heads, similar to how Ness outlined earlier. To learn the level, I used my aforementioned trick of disguising myself as the Point Man, and then using a manual save to roam around and experiment, so I might've left my Suit Only run 'til I had a better sniper rifle, and then climbed the water tower just inside the perimeter to shoot everybody from a safe distance. When I replayed it recently, I followed Mission Stories and my final score was 156,925 with a five-star Silent Assassin rating.

Alas, I think IO have confirmed that their Bond will be a new adaptation based on a blend of the books and movies, and therefore it'll feature an original storyline. I join you in thinking a "greatest hits" approach would be cool if executed properly, but then 007 Legends did that, and was such an unmitigated licence-killing disaster that I doubt IO would've won the rights in the first place, if that was their pitch.

Right, onward to the Frozen Wilds!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

R1spam

@Mr_B021 @RogerRoger both of you have got some good calls there! Moments from bond history would be great but if the new story is confirmed, I hope Bond is more old school camp bond style than new bond. Great shout about the driving Roger, we need a DB5 with machine gun headlamps and crazy counter measures 😂

I loaded up frozen wilds and got to the first camp. Man this game is so pretty! I played the original on a base ps4 on a 1080 p plasma (no hdr). Now playing in resolution mode ps5 on an hdr 4k TV it looks so good. Shame it didn't come with a fps boost. Started up my save from before final mission and fast travelled over to the new area and the first thing I fought was the first enemy of the new area. Like others, struggling a bit to get back into combat. I remembered melee was useless but I forgot how useless! Definitely an area to look at for the sequel.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

nessisonett

Whoever decided to make fast travel limited deserves a special place in hell. In what way does it make the game better? I never have enough bloody fatty meat to make the packs. Speaking of which, I wish you got more spaces in the inventory, I’m constantly having to dismantle stuff.

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
You need the golden fast travel pack for infinite fast travel. Only requires 50 Metal Shards, a Fox Skin and 10 fatty meat.

LieutenantFatman

TheNomadLad

@lieutenantFatman Is this for real ? and if so and i've the required resources how do i get it ? i'm sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm new to the game.

TheNomadLad

Twitter:

LieutenantFatman

@TheNomadLad
The first place you can get one is from a merchant just outside Meridian. But any tier 2 merchant should have one for sale, apparently. It's just the fox skin that can be a bit tricky to get.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

I think I used fast travel in Horizon a grand total of once. Mainly because I enjoy riding around the landscape between missions, abusing the Photo Mode, but also because the necessity to kill wild animals in order to craft those packs didn't sit well with me.

Are people using fast travel a lot during The Frozen Wilds, then? It's such a small area!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Finally downloaded this last night. I hope to join in and try out the Frozen Wilds content within the next couple days. I got busy and side tracked and didn’t finish the last two Hitman levels though and I want to eventually go back to clean those up. It’s been fun to read everyone’s experiences!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

I’m just off to start The Frozen Wilds proper. Finished off the platinum instead last night.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic