Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,131

RogerRoger

Ah, good ol' Colorado...

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@nessisonett I remember struggling with Colorado. Had to do kind of a rewire in my brain to take the right approach to the level, because of the hostile environment.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles It was pretty well hidden for a while, and unlocking it gets a little convoluted (search for a guide to the "Rep Tyres" challenge if you're interested) but it's good for a laugh.

@R1spam Oh, it's even better than that...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

It’s the final week of Hitman! Our final level is in Hokkaido, with just the two targets again but with a unique gameplay twist. You’ll know when you start!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@ralphdibny @RogerRoger @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Col_McCafferty @DerMeister @Mr_B021 @Fight_Teza_Fight

Now that we’re onto the final week of Hitman, it’s time to start discussing the next game. If I remember correctly, Doom Eternal and Mafia: Definitive Edition had the next most votes but feel free to suggest anything else or ask to be added to the big tag list.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers I'm up for either Doom Eternal or Mafia, I'd also be up for any other random ps plus game from the last few years like beyond two souls, Borderlands 2, just cause 4, life is strange, vampyr, remnant, everybody's gone to the rapture, tearaway unfolded and the deadly tower of monsters

Edit: oh yeah control would be another suggestion since I'm just finishing up Alan wake now!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

LieutenantFatman

Horizon Zero Dawn is currently free along with the dlc, The Frozen Wilds. I never played the dlc so looking to give that a go. Also interested in Subnautica, also free.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Th3solution

I don’t own Doom Eternal or Mafia and would likely just follow the thread from a distance in those cases. But several others mentioned might spur me to join in like Frozen Wilds which I never got around to, or Beyond Two Souls, Subnautica, or Vampyr. Or I’d contribute discussion if it was a game I’ve played already like BL2, LiS, and EGttR.

Others reasonable options in my backlog that I need to get to are The Outer Worlds, RE3 and RE4, Days Gone, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Plague Tale, and Uncharted 2.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I love Hokkaido. Didn't at first, thought it was needlessly restrictive but, when you learn how to interact with it, it's an outstanding location. Got one of my favourite, classiest assassination methods of the entire series, when you simply toss the donor heart in the trash, leaving your target to die of natural causes on the operating table. Smartly done, 47.

As for what's next, I'm not quite ready for Mafia yet, but will happily follow a conversation about it and hopefully build up some hype. Out of what others have already mentioned, I'd also have an opinion about Just Cause 4, Life is Strange and Horizon: The Frozen Wilds.

Making It So Since 1987

R1spam

Aargh wheres all the coins?! . I don't own mafia, though I'd like to try it and don't fancy doom eternal yet, I've not played 2016, so would just lurk along for those. Like some others though, I'd be up for frozen wilds. Finished hzd but never played the dlc. I'd also be up for prey or nier automata.
Edit, p.s., could you stick me on the big tag list?

Edited on by R1spam

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam Sure, not sure how I managed to miss you in the tag list in the first place 😅

Mr_B021

HZD Frozen Wilds or Vampyr would be great. But first let’s finish Hokkaido. I drifted off a bit with the last two levels and didn’t nearly experiment as much as I did with the first three levels. I don’t know if it is the higher difficulty or the level design. The same happened on my first run back in 2016 🤔

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

nessisonett

@Mr_B021 I made it my mission to get max mastery and all of The Classics challenges on each level across the week. I’ve managed that so far and I think it helped me be a bit more experimental in my approach.

Kidfried

I played Vampyr last year. The thing that the game does quite well is to give you an idea about discourse in times of a pandemic. The combat is ok for a bit, but gets repetitive way too quickly. And I cannot imagine anyone liking the main character.

It's hard for me to recommend the game, really. Just a fair warning.

(I was planning on playing Frozen Wilds in one of the upcoming months, by the way)

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@R1spam If you're struggling without coins, remember that pretty much anything can be thrown to cause a distraction and, if you're planning on taking out the distracted party, you'll retrieve whatever you throw. I often use useful tools (like wrenches, screwdrivers and crowbars) to deal with useful tools, especially if I haven't been able to include coins in my initial loadout. I think it's just guns you can't throw.

Also, completing Hokkaido once, however you do it, should grant you enough Mastery to unlock new starting locations which, in turn, allow you access to your pockets. Makes things much easier!

@Mr_B021 You're not alone. As much as I adore Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, they feature a few repetitive moments by design, with narrow windows of opportunity. If you get yourself to a useful position from which to launch multiple strategies, make a manual save, because you can try one thing and then re-load and try the other; both will count towards your total Mastery whenever you eventually finish the level. There's no need to start from scratch every single time you wanna try something new.

For example, I had a single Colorado save for a while, after I'd disguised myself as the Point Man whilst maintaining a Silent Assassin alert level. It was one of the location's most useful disguises, found in a semi-central area, and I could then use that save to launch pretty much all of the Mission Stories.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Managed a Silent Assassin Suit Only in Hokkaido, starting in 47’s suite. Honestly even harder than Colorado but felt amazing to accomplish.

I stole the cigarettes from the cowboy dude’s room, then replaced the cigarettes at Yuki’s restaurant table. I then used a screwdriver I found to pierce the barrel where she usually goes out to smoke (had to scout this location out in a previous run). I legged it down the pipe next to the smoking area which took me outside the morgue. I choked a guard and plopped him into a cupboard, taking his gun. Through the morgue, you can reach a room just off the operating theatre where I knocked out a nurse, meaning the room was clear. I dragged her all the way back past the morgue, so that she wouldn’t be found. That gave me room to shoot Soders in the head with the gun I stole without being seen. I then ran for my life before the guards investigated the gunshot noise. That gave me room to make it down to the garage where the snowmobile is to escape. I had to wait about a minute before Yuki actually blew herself up and then escaped!

R1spam

@RogerRoger thanks! I'm halfway there, one target down with a nasty accident, one to go. I'm more worried now that I've left my ps5 in rest mode and that dies before I kill the second target! Also have to scout around for the cctv as I've been on camera literally 1000s of times 🤔

XBOX: Placebo G

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Risky strategy there! Glad it turned out okay, though!

@R1spam I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to trust a console's Rest Mode partway through something as tense as a Hitman level!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic