Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,131

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I got Silent Assassin there but I forgot that starting in a disguise doesn’t count as Suit Only! Very annoyed so off to do it again and this time I’ll try not to use the OP gear from the third game like the emetic dart gun.

There we go, Silent Assassin Suit Only! Insanely difficult that one, ended up whacking lots of people with a wrench and hiding them in a bathroom. Wrenched Jordan Cross in his recording booth, snapped his neck and chucked him in a cupboard. Poisoned Ken Morgan when he tastes the food at the kitchen!

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

R1spam

OK, so I don't have a lock pick so found this pretty tough! I did manage to get both targets outside! I managed to get the lawyer in an accidental explosion when he was buying the tuk-tuk and the rockstar after being the bug exterminator and gassing everyone in the atrium. I'm going to need a swipe card that does more than my room. I'm hopeful I can get to be the drummer and play with the band.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

And here’s my best score and just for fun, I added my run where I did it in less than two minutes 😂

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by nessisonett

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...wait, there's an Emetic Dart Gun unlockable in later levels?! That's so ridiculously unnecessary and game-breaking, and I want it right now!!

Great scores, by the way. Two minutes is fast, no matter how messy!

@R1spam Smart move there; if you can't unlock doors, get everybody outside! Those are a pair of really entertaining Mission Stories. Am looking forward to revisiting them.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Apparently you get it from Haven Island, one of the Hitman 2 DLC levels. Which is... morally dubious.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Hmm. That is indeed rather cheeky of them. I don't recall it being part of the original level's release, although I don't think I stuck around after I'd pinged a couple trophies (was playing other things at the time; am actually really excited to revisit Haven Island as a result).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s one of the later mastery levels I think. So at least requires you to put some time in.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Fair enough, but you were still right to call it out as ever-so-slightly shady. It's stuff like that which is why I chose not to import my progress from PS4 to PS5, and just started anew. To be honest, I hardly ever used any of the "novelty items" anyway. It was nice to be rewarded with stuff but, outside of any specific challenges, I'd often fall back to my preferred loadouts.

Says me, who replied earlier with "I want it now" regarding such an overpowered weapon!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

By way of update, I’ve made it through Marrakesh and Bangkok, with scores of 63,180 and 62,647 respectively. Both two star. In Bangkok I did the bug exterminator storyline and gassed everyone first and killed the first target that way, but it really messed me up for the second target because that whole atrium and surrounding area was on high alert with tons of security for the remainder of the time. Thankfully the lawyer guy finally wandered close enough for me to pose as a hotel aid and take him to the Queens suite where I drown him in the toilet.

The game definitely has its moments.
After playing through four levels now, I feel like I can make an informed assessment, and I do like it. However the difficulty is a wee-bit high for my liking, even still after learning its nuances. I went ahead and started the Colorado level ahead of schedule (sorry, but I was just dipping my toe in the waters to test it out), and it seems really tough. Four targets and the whole place combing with militia.
That and I’m continuing to play it on my PS4 and the load times are about to drive me insane. I usually don’t mind load times, even if they are fairly long, but the frequent reloading of saves that I have been doing so as to not end up having to massacre every NPC has really got me down on it. If switching over to PS5 will make a big difference (it’s got to) then perhaps I need to just take the time to download it and port over my save (although it looks like the new PS5 update automatically syncs cloud saves, so that’s nice)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution The load times through Hitman 3’s PS5 version are unbelievably faster. They’re still a good at least 10 seconds roughly but it’s a big improvement.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution If you have an ethernet cable, you can plug your PS4 and PS5 together, transferring your games and saves that way. Might be quicker than downloading it. I hate going back to a PS4, everything is so sluggish after the zippy PS5.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Colorado's design put a lot of people off, fans and casual players alike. Its difficulty is befitting its premise, and it's all very doable once you've had a bit of an explore, but... well, that'll be an ongoing discussion next week, I suppose!

Nicely done on Marrakesh and Bangkok, by the way. It's great that some of the scripted Opportunities don't always guarantee perfection (like the bug exterminator one you followed, given you end up harming the hotel's entire atrium) but also frustrating when you then move on to another which does, and spend time silently stalking a target to a clean demise, only for the results screen to heavily penalise your prior actions. Part of the fun is finding the right mix, but it's a specific kind of fun.

Making It So Since 1987

R1spam

@Th3solution my scores have been very similar for most of my runs as well. Hell today was first time I tried professional difficulty since my first mission! Have to say I have really enjoyed what I've played so far, though haven't got to colorado yet. I did manage to get a 5 star score on professional though today! If I can figure out how to post an image (sure it was something about uploading a pic on another website and putting link here if using a smart phone) and to get the screenshot off my ps5, I will post my run here. Very chuffed, both mission stories played out a treat! found masterpass in the laundry on a previous run, got that this time then followed the story mission for cleaning the suite for the lawyer and then finally became the drummer for the rockstar.

Edited on by R1spam

nessisonett

@R1spam Well done on the 5 star rating! I have to say, Bangkok is probably one of the harder levels to get a good score in. Getting Silent Assassin Suit Only was a bit of a nightmare 😂

RogerRoger

@R1spam Top drawer! Especially on the Bangkok level which, as Ness says, can be tough. It's so satisfying when a hit comes together like that, isn't it?

As for screenshots, you can either link a Twitter account and upload them from your console directly, and then embed the tweet here, or you can copy them via USB to another device and then upload them to an image-hosting site (or social media) and post the link.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

We’re now moving onto Colorado, which shakes up the formula quite a bit!

Four targets this time, in a completely hostile area. Getting Silent Assassin Suit Only broke me back when I first played this level so genuinely well done to anybody who gets that this time!

R1spam

OK, I managed a paltry two star this time round but I actually feel like it's my best run in the game so far. Only one of my hits was from a mission story with the rest being opportunistic. Genuinely bummed it wasn't higher as I didn't think I had been seen 😕. I don't know how you did a suit only for this ness, especially when escaping the level....😂. I had a look at some of the times for top scores on this level, I physically don't know how they are possible! I'm going to have to watch a few streams to just see how this even works

Edited on by R1spam

nessisonett

@R1spam I actually managed it again this morning and wished I’d grabbed a whole video of my run rather than just a screenshot of my score! I dropped the hay bale on one of the women with a well timed shot from distance, dropped a chandelier on two targets at once inside the farmhouse and killed mask guy inside his shed and hid his body in the cupboard there. I then snuck inside the farmhouse again and grabbed the 3D printed mask, made my way inside the shelter and escaped that way!

Untitled

R1spam

@nessisonett nice! I got the masked guy in that shed, annoyed he had hair and that I couldn't take his identity .

nessisonett

@R1spam Yeah, you’d think 47 could take his identity given the whole mask thing. Although I don’t think there’s a single target in the series you can disguise yourself as.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic