Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Weekend Quiz MK-II

Posts 301 to 320 of 343

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Ah, thanks. I keep forgetting these quizzes exist.

1) Sly Cooper? I dunno. That's my answer. Probably wrong.

2) The Super Nintony Entertainment Station Plus sounds fake AF, so... that probably means it's real, but it's my answer regardless.

3) False.

4)
a: Pretty sure this dude is from Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
b: NO idea.
c: Monster from God of War 2018
d: That would be Kyoko Kirigiri from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (although she also has a cameo in the post-game content of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

5) Luigi from Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

6) Pretty sure Krogans were those frog-like aliens, and Romulans are from Star Trek, I think, so I'm going with "Turian"

7) Sounds stupid enough to be true.

8)
a) Movie-based game. It's CLEARLY Star Wars-related.
b) Game-based movie.
c) Movie-based game, lmao. I don't believe for a second that music was in a film.
d) Movie-based game.

9) Grand Theft Auto 4.

10) I'm going with B, since it seems like the one he'd be MOST likely to say. Probably wrong, but whatevs.

11) False.

12)
a) Early CG Blow-Up Dolls: The Game!
b) Gilligan's Island
c) Er... a Lizzy McGuire game, perhaps? Also, lmao at the "Games for Girls" tag.
d) Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

Fun quiz!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

ralphdibny

I've had an autocorrect on my answers, luckily it was a joke answer so I won't lose any points. I meant to say Playdays and not Playdate

See ya!

RogerRoger

Many thanks to those quick on the uptake! Seems I've done a better job at balancing the difficulty this time around, if these early results are any indication. Phew!

@ralphdibny I think it works better as "Playdate" (well, it's certainly creepier, at any rate)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger
["spoiler"]
Noah's Ark 8 bit computers
Nintendo PlayStation
False Shen long is in a quote either Ryu or ken says.its Akuma who is the secret boss.
A - Cleopatra
B - Lord Nelson
C - The World Serpent
D - Jesus
Luigi
Turian
False
Track 1 Indiana Jones
Track 2 Horizon zero Dawn
Track 3 Final Fantasy
Track 4 Coronation Street back up theme
GTA
Book em Damo
True
Kate Winslet and Leonardo de crappio
Taking a sail with Jeffrey Epstein
Kate and Ashley
Plumbers don't wear ties[/"spoiler"]

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Blimey, nostalgia overload...!!

@themcnoisy Cheers for playing, buddy! Could you cover your answers with spoiler tags, please?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha sorry I didn't know how to respond so I photoshopped a next gen Playdays game instead 😅

It has erm... playday tracing at 30fps

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny That show owes me compensation for a childhood injury (he says, jokingly) so here's hoping the game sells enough to afford my demands!

I'm tempted to give you a bonus point for that "playday tracing" gag, though!

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I can't remember how to do it

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Try removing all of the line breaks. They don't seem to cover multiple paragraphs, so as long as there are no gaps between your answers, they should work. Sorry, and thanks!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha I can't tell if you are joking now!

And no way, I definitely deserve minus points for such a terrible joke 😅

See ya!

crimsontadpoles

This was a fun quiz. I think I can do reasonably well on this one.

Q1: Sly Cooper. The three main protagonists are Sly the raccoon, Bentley the turtle, and The Murray as the hippopotamus.
Q2: b) Nintendo PlayStation. Guessing this is a trick question. It's commonly referred to by this now, but perhaps it wasn't an official name during the partnership.
Q3: True. I believe there is a secret final boss, though I don't know if that name is correct or not.
Q4A: Tak
Q4B: Geralt of Rivea
Q4C: The World Serpent. Haven't played God of War, but this name sounds vaguely familiar.
Q4D: Kyoko Kirigiri. My previous profile pic character, so it'll be embarrassing if I've messed this one up.
Q5: Luigi had the death-stare meme for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Q6: c) Batarian. I know nothing about Mass Effect, so it's a pure guess.
Q7: False. This sounds too good to be true.
Q8 Track 1: Movie-based game, specifically Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Q8 Track 2: Game-based movie. It sounds sorta like Tomb Raider.
Q8 Track 3: Movie-based game. Those pizza delivery missions in Spider-Man 2 were a lot of fun.
Q8 Track 4: Movie-based game. Jurassic Park was my initial instinct (well actually Indiana Jones was, but we've already had one from there).
Q9: GTA IV. Niko is the main character, Dimitri is a baddie, and Roman is a stalker constantly bugging Niko about bowling.
Q10: d) "Do, or do not. There is no try.". I ran through each quote in Duke Nukem's voice, and this one seemed the most off.
Q11: False. Putting the coating on disks seems like a lot of hassle. It would be easier and cheaper to put the scratch n' sniff on the instruction manual.
Q12 Cover A: Hitman: Agent 47. That castle is clearly from an old Hitman game. Those narrow ledges and that window are useful for Agent 47 sneaking in.
Q12 Cover B: Sea of Thieves
Q12 Cover C: Cringe: The Game
Q12 Cover D: Super Mario the Plumber. The Mario games have had a lot of spin-offs, but this is one of the more weirder ones.

Ralizah

@themcnoisy You're almost there, buddy. I experimented, and the problem is that you're capitalizing the word "spoiler" in the tags. Change both tags so that the word "spoiler" is totally lowercase, and it should work.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Ralizah I give up. ROFL.

Th3solution

Great quiz! Happy to give it a shot.

1. Sly Cooper
2. d) The Super Nintony... etc, etc.
3. True?
4. A) He looks so familiar. I’m getting a Jak & Daxster vibe, but haven’t a clue who B) Does not look familiar but has a Witcher 3 vibe. It’s not Geralt. I’ll say Lord Fantleroy C) World Serpent D) Kyoko
5. Toad?
6. b) Turian
7. False, it’s the backside of a sheep
8. Track 1 - game based on a movie (Indiana Jones) Track 2 - movie based on a game (Tomb Raider, per chance?) Track 3 - movie based on a game (Super Mario Bros?)Track 4 - movie based on a game
9. GTA...4?
10. b) Do you feel lucky?
11. False
12. Cover A - Cinderella: The Game. Cover B - Gillegan’s Island: The Game. Cover C - The Olsen Twins: Journey to Insignificance. Cover D - The College Years: The Game.

Oh man, I loved that last question. Those are some truly disturbing game covers.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Quiz time!!!

1. Sly Cooper? Never played it but I know there’s a raccoon. I really should play them.
2. SNES+ doesn’t sound right to me. Plus I do remember seeing the word PlayStation on the controllers.
3. False, he’s from Mortal Kombat I think.
4. The first one is called Ka, I seem to remember from the back of my brain.
The second one I have no idea. Phil Mitchell.
The third is the World Serpent or, if we’re being fancy, Jörmungandr. Feel free to deduct points for being a smart-arse.
The last one is something Kirigiri. Kyoko Kirigiri?
5. Luigi from Mario Kart 8 and his perpetual passive aggressiveness.
6. I think he’s a Turian. Garrus is my boi so I really should get this one.
7. I must be the only other person here who’s played that car crash. Yep, this one’s true as I remember that Hong Kong level.
8. The first I think is a movie-based game and could possibly be Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb?
The second I have no clue, perhaps the Sonic movie?
The third is from Spider-Man 2 the Game, and is a work of art chef’s kiss
The fourth is bugging me. It’s sounds like a movie though. I dunno, Dragon Quest Your Story?
9. Grand Theft Auto IV!
10. Do or do not, there is no try?
11. That’s so preposterous it surely can’t be true, can it? False.
12. A: Well that’s horrifying. Cinderella the game?
B: Eliminator Boat Duel..?
C: Mary Kate & Ashley Get A Clue on Game Boy Colour? I have played that!
D: That is the meme-fest that is Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties. I recommend the AVGN video for anyone who isn’t familiar with that ‘game’. Unfortunately I haven’t played it.

Great quiz, some deep deep cuts in there which I doubt will have many correct answers 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Question 1. Took me waaaaay longer then I probably should've to realise you meant Sly Cooper

Question 2. D I assume!

Question 3. False... I think? I've played enough Street Fighter to know most the cast... But not with 100% certainity!

Question 4.

A. Sphinx (From Sphinx and the cursed mummy)

B. King Allant from Demon's Souls (The PS5 Version obviously being pictured)

C. Jörmugandr/The World Serpent from God Of War. I know my norse mythology fairly well!

D. Kyoko Kirigiri from Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc.

Question 5.Pretty sure you mean Mario?

Question 6.Well thankfully I know D is false and I'm pretty sure A is too. So I'll go B!

Question 7.True?

Question 8.

A. Game based Movie. This is obvs Indiana Jones. It's the only one I know too

B. Movie Based Game?

C. Movie based Game?

D. Game based Movie?

Question 9. Mafia 3? Or is it a GTA game? Bahh I dunno!

Question 10.I have absolutely no idea. I'm gonna go C i suppose.

Question 11. Is this a trick question like I typically do where it's nearly all true baring one false statement hidden in there? Cus I have Gran Turismo 2 and I don't think it ever had a scratch and sniff segment on it... Though I might have the platinum version of it. No idea about Fifa bu- ANYWAY enough waffling I go False!

Question 12

A. I dunno... Cinderella meets the Terminator?

B. ... I have absolutely no idea and I'm not sure I want to know Rog!

C. Ahh this is the stonecold classic Mary Kate & Ashley in: Our younger sister Elizabeth is going to be remembered much more fondly then us?! ... Strangely prophetic title I know!

D. This was obviously an attempt of a raunchy reboot of Super Mario Bros that nintendo has tried to keep hidden for years and is in fact "Peach meets The Twin Plumbers"

Good Quiz as always RogerRoger!!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny It's a long and particularly silly story! Another time, perhaps!

@themcnoisy You'd think, in this day and age, technology could've figured out your intent and made the spoiler tags work regardless! No worries, buddy. Given the quiz was at the bottom of the previous page anyway, I doubt many would've seen your answers before seeing the questions.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Last call for entries! I'll be posting the results around early afternoon, UK time.

Thanks to all who've submitted answers thusfar!

Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Sneaking my attempt in before cut off...

1. I can't think of any series involving those animals, so I'll say Donkey Kong, knowing full well that it's wrong.
2. Got to be 'd' hasn't it. Kudos to them if not
3. Er... True
4. a) Don't know this guy
b) Geralt from Bad Cosplay Adventures
c) The serpent from God of War whose name I've forgotten, damn my eyes
d) Nope, sorry
5. Someone from Mario Kart, I guess. If I keep saying Donkey Kong, will it eventually be right? Let's find out.
6. Going Batarian. Call it gut feeling
7. True. Only Roger Moore could pull that off with enough panache to get away with it. Eyebrow raised while his arm was right up there, martini in the other hand.
8. a) That sounds like Indiana Jones to me. Not the movie though, I'm going game.
b) This music is from the hard bitten cop thriller 'Lansbury'. It's about a maverick detective who goes rougue after she is kicked out of the police force for blowing up a bus full of orphans during a car chase because she believed a drug lord was inside. Acting alone, she enters a murky underworld of crime and addiction. Roger Moore makes an appearance halfway through, with his am up a cow's arse.
c) This music is from the 90s comedy crime caper 'Beau on the Go', starring Steven Seagal as a French dandy forced to go on the run after he accidentally sets fire to the local lord's wig. He is accompanied by his long suffering butler Jaques, played by Ian McShane.
d) This music is from Black Beauty II. In this violent action sequel, Black Beauty returns to London to wreak revenge on the people who forced her into a life of pulling carriages, by killing them off one by one. Michael Gambon stars as the former jockey-turned-policeman who has the skillset to stop her.
9. GTA IV
10. Going with Yoda's quote. It's the only sensible one, so he can't have said it.
11. Please be true.
12. a) Cinderella: Madame Tussauds edition
b) Donkey Kong
c) Fallout New Vegas
d) Uncharted: Drake's Contraception

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.