Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Weekend Quiz MK-II

Posts 261 to 280 of 343

HallowMoonshadow

You put these [ spoiler] [/ spoiler] tags around your text @Blooper987.

Just make sure to remove the spaces I put in to show you otherwise it won't work.

You can also quote this reply to see it in action if you like with the example below

Like so!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Blooper987

here are my answers.

1. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Crash
2. Pokémon Go Raichu
3. Hitman Agent 47
4. Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
5. Sonic Adventure 2 Shadow
6. Bayonetta Rodin
7. Overwatch Bastion
8. The Simpsons: Tapped Out Kang or Kodos idk
9. Animal Crossing City Folk Jingle
10. Dark Souls Idk
11. Jazz Jackrabbit 2: The Christmas Chronicles Jazz
12. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone Hatsune Miku!!!🥳😍

Edited to fix a misspelling

Edited on by Blooper987

Blooper987

Very surprised I know most of these. Awesome quiz tho!

mookysam

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Raichu
3. Agent 47
4. Fall Guy Monster
5. Shadow the Hedgehog
6. Rodin from Bayonetta
7. Mecha Lansbury from Murder She Wrote 2132
8. Kang or Kodos
9. A reindeer from Animal Crossing
10. Something Monster Hunter-is
11. A zombie irradiated rabbit
12. Hatsune Miku

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

I’ll give it a shot—

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Pikachu
3. Agent 47
4. Fall Guy
5. Sonic
6. ? Saints Row guy
7. Knack
8. The Simpsons guy
9. Animal crossing guy
10. ? No idea
11. Croc
12. Hatsuna Miku.... or something like that.

Thanks for the quiz! Great idea!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

crimsontadpoles

Thanks for participating everyone. Time for some answers.

1) Crash Bandicoot from Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fuelled.
2) Raichu from Pokemon Go.
3) Agent 47 from Hitman: Blood Money.
4) A fall guy from Fall Guys.
5) Shadow the Hedgehog from Sonic Adventures 2.
6) Rodin from Bayonetta 2.
7) Bastion from Overwatch.
8) Kang from The Simpsons: Tapped Out. Unfortunately Kodos doesn't have a Santa costume, but she does have a super creepy Mrs Claus outfit instead. This was a nasty question, so I'll award half points to those who said Kodos, or at least knew it was a Simpsons alien. And as for the sneaky people who tried to answer with both alien names, I've taken the usual quiz show approach of only accepting your first answer.
9) Jingle from Animal Crossing City Folk.
10) A palico from Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, covered in snow after getting hit with Lagombi's snowball attack.
11) Jazz Jackrabbit from Jazz Jackrabbit - Holiday Hare.
12) Hatsune Miku from Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone.

And here are the final scores:
@Gremio108 and @Th3solution 4.5 points.
@ralphdibny 5.5 points
@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy 7.5 points
@mookysam 8 points
@WanderingBullet 9.5 points
@nessisonett 10.5 points
@Blooper987 11 points

Very impressive answering from everyone, and I appreciate the guesses and the joke answers. Big congratulations to @Blooper987 for getting the most correct.

Final thoughts:

• People can't tell their Kangs from their Kodoses. For some reason it never occurred to me that this question could be a pain.
  • A lot more people knew who Hatsune Miku was than I was expecting. Very happy to see that.
  • The unnamed fall guy and palico will now affectionately be called Jeff.
  • And if anyone wants to be horrified, this is how Kodos looks in her Christmas outfit:
    Untitled
ralphdibny

@crimsontadpoles nice one thanks! I don't know how some one is supposed to tell Kang from Kodos haha, I always thought that Kodos was sometimes just drawn with an angrier looking eye. I knew the rabbit name began with a J too, I guess I should have gone with something more cosmic sounding than Jeff!

See ya!

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Oof, that was a close one! Just pleased I somehow plucked Jazz Jackrabbit from my mind 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

@crimsontadpoles Thanks for quiz.

Not only was I not able to tell the difference but also, Kodos was the only name that I could remember. lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

HallowMoonshadow

I did ok this time round I guess

... Cheers for the quiz @crimsontadpoles and congrats to @Blooper987 for winning!

I think I'll make the next quiz unless anyone else wants to have a go?

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Sorry I missed your Christmas character quiz! Without looking at the answers, I went back to the previous page and had a quick peek; reckon I'd have gotten eight points!

Blimey, seeing Jazz Jackrabbit there takes me back... loved those shareware demos as a kid...

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

The Big Fat Push Square Forums Quiz Of The Year has finally arrived!

Hope you have fun!

(Oh and all the answers (Well baring the Crash one) concern games that released this year btw.)

Question 1. An easy one to start us off with... Which Playstation 3 Classic got remade for the PS5's launch?

Question 2. Kingdom Hearts had a new release on consoles this year... With a rhythm game that retells the story so far.

True Or False?

Question 3. Crash 4: It's About Time released this year to a fair amount of praise... But it also claimed to be the fourth game in a series that has over 20 titles (That's including spinoffs).

What was the 4th mainline Crash game to be released?

A. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
B. Crash of The Titans
C. Crash Twinsanity
D. Crash Bandicoot & The Thumpin' Wumpa Islands

Question 4. I like jesters and I like a good villain... And in one of this year's releases we got a villainous jester!

Untitled

I. There's a point for the game (that he's from)
II. And a point for his name!

Question 5. The Trails Of Cold Steel saga finally ended in the Legend Of Heroes franchise this year in the west with Cold Steel IV's release. In Japan however they'd already started up a new series in aforementioned franchise and knocked out 2 games since Cold Steel IV released over there two years ago.

True Or False?

Question 6. Ubisoft had 3 heavy hitting titles come out this year with Gods & Monsters (No I'm not using the terrible new name), Assassin's Creed Valhalla & Watch Dogs Legion.

They also threw their hat into the free to play Battle Royale genre. What was the name of said game?

Question 7. Voice actor Laura Bailey won an award at this years game awards (The first and only I'll ever watch) for best performance.

I. You'll get a point for the name of the game
II. Another point is up for grabs for the name of the character she was nominated for.
III. You can even get a third point if you can come up with the name of the fellow voice actor who was also nominated from the same game!

Question 8. Noki here is from which Monster Taming game that released this year?

Untitled

A. Nexomon Extinction
B. Monster Sanctuary
C. Pokemon Sword/Shield's The Crown Tundra DLC
D. Coromon

Question 9. 2020 was quite the year for remastered games as question 1 already shows. Even the Final Fantasy series got in on this with remastering a classic.

Could you tell me what that remastered title actually was however?

Question 10. Bloodstained: Curse of The Moon 2 has all the characters you love from Ritual of The Night like Zangetsu, Dominique, Miriam, Gebel... And some new characters specifically for Curse of The Moon 2... Like a Cat called Hachi whom operates a steam powered mech.

True Or False?

Question 11. In my previous quizzes I had a box art cover round and a disc art cover round.

I'm not going to do the spine art or alternate cover arts or anything silly like that... But can you perhaps guess these names of these 2020 games by their press releases/blurbs that I've edited?

I.

Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

II.

This is an open-world, action-adventure story set in a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality.

III.

Ichiban Kasuga, faces an 18-year prison sentence after taking the fall for a crime he didn't commit. Never losing faith, he loyally serves his time and returns to society to discover that no one was waiting for him on the outside, and his clan has been destroyed by the man he respected most.

IV.

This is a sci-fi mystery epic spanning thirteen intertwining stories. Uncover the truth and delve into a 2D sidescrolling adventure featuring gorgeous art and environments. Then, battle the kaiju in fast-paced, top-down combat.

Question 12. You know I like a good anagram in these quizzes... So for the final question can you figure this out?

British Fry Keg?

This is a spinoff to a fairly well known nintendo property and a sequel so I have had to take the number 2 out for this anagram... But you'll get yourself a whopping 3 points in return if you get it right!

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy thanks for the quiz! On New year's Eve no less!

1. Demon's Souls
2.True, but I don't know if all the details are correct but I at least know there was or will be a KH rhythm game so I'll say true
3.C) crash twinsanity (it's a toss up between this and crash of the titans but I think that came later, I want to say wrath of cortex but I think that's the second game)
4.i don't know but I'm going to guess i. Code vein because I think you've mentioned/posted screenshots of you playing that game and ii. Jokey McJokerson because I have no idea about code vein or what this character is from (looks like something from sonic lost world but not quite)
5. I'll go with True, I have no idea but it seems like the sort of madcappery that goes on with regards to western localisations of Japanese games
6.ive got no idea, erm Tom Clancy's Royal Rumble featuring The Rock as...The Rock?
7. I've got no idea as I didn't watch the awards and I haven't played this game but from the spoilerific comments sections I am going to guess i. The Last of us part 2 ii. Abbey or Abi, however it is spelt and iii. No idea, the other girl in it
8. I'll guess C) Pokémon sword and shield - it looks like a Pokémon but noki doesn't sound like a very Pokémon name but they did go a bit mad with the names after ruby and sapphire
9. I think you mean Final Fantasy 7 which was remade as Final Fantasy 7 remake in a similar
vein as the demons souls remakes, unless you mean one of the remastered collections on all consoles, I'll stick with FF7 though
10. Don't know, I'll guess True even if it is statistically unlikely to be true if the other two True/false questions were true
11.i. doom Eternal
ii. Don't know, I'll guess cyberpunk 2077
iii. I don't know, I'll guess ghost of Tsushima
iv. Umm no idea, Pacific Rim Vs. Godzilla Vs. Mecha King Kong Elvis Demake?
12.ahhh the only spin offs that are also technically sequels I can think of are cadence of Hyrule and Hyrule warriors which this obviously isn't, maybe it's Kirby something, I've just realised this doesn't specify 2020 so now if I can just think of that Kirby game...uhh I give up, Kirby the Frigs

See ya!

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I had it mostly done already and figured I'd post it a little early @ralphdibny

Really should've remembered Final Fantasy VII remake came out this year as I actually meant for it to be about something completely different! Oh well... That's what I get for posting it whilst being pretty buzzed lol 😅

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy ahh don't worry, there's so many FF games/spin offs/Japanese to the west rebrands (SaGa and Mana) that have been remastered/remade/re released in the last few years that it's hard to remember what games came out in what year! Not to mention that we all have different definitions of what constitutes a remake or a remaster or a port or a reboot etc.

I think I've just realised which game you meant for the final fantasy game now! I think it was Crystal Chronicles as that was pretty highish profile too. I'll keep my original answer though in the interest of remaining fair!

See ya!

crimsontadpoles

Nice quiz, I think I can do well on this one.

1. Demon's Souls I think. Hope I got the correct soulsborne game.
2. True. I'm pretty sure there was a recent KH rhythm game, so hopefully the rest is true.
3. A. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex
4i. From the embroidery on his face, I'll guess the new Sackboy game. Can't remember the title, it's something like Sackboy's Great Adventure.
4ii. Lester the Jester
5. False
6. It's that futuristic sci-fi style Battle Royale game, but I didn't care enough to pay attention to the title. So let's guess Future Gladiators: Uploaded
7i. The Last of Us Part 2. That game won the most awards, so it's probably this.
7ii. Abby was a character I've heard people mention, so maybe her.
7iii. Troy Baker gets plenty of voice acting awards, so I'll guess him.
8. A. Nexomon Extinction. This little guy stood out to me when I was reading an article on the nexomon starters since I always love the nice bird designs.
9. Final Fantasy VII: Remake was the exact title I think.
10. True. I'll be disappointed if this isn't true.
11i. Doom Eternal
11ii. Cyberpunk 2077
11iii. Yakuza: Like A Dragon
11iv. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
12. Kirby Fighters 2. Took me a while to figure out it was a Kirby game, then the rest was easy.

mookysam

Ooh, a quiz, thanks Foxy. I'll post my answers tomorrow morning. Some great questions there!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Great quiz!

1. Demon’s Souls
2. True, it’s not terrible. It’s not fantastic and squanders its potential a bit but it definitely could have been worse.
3. Crash Twinsanity? I seem to remember that being a PS2 game.
4. Maybe A Hat In Time? No clue about the name.
5. Not that I’m aware of? They did release Hajimari no Kiseki which is a one-off but I don’t think the first entry of the Calvard saga has been released yet. I’ll say false.
6. It was something generic like Hyper Scape. Not a memorable game.
7. The Last of Us Part 2, Abby, Ashley Johnson.
8. Nexomon? Only because I know you played it 😂
9. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
10. True! Bizarre!
11. I. Doom Eternal
II. Cyberpunk 2077
III. Yakuza: Like a Dragon
IV. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim?
12. I got it!! Kirby Fighters (2)

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Awesome! Will definitely be back to post some answers at some point this weekend!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.