Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Weekend Quiz MK-II

Posts 181 to 200 of 343

RogerRoger

Thanks to everybody who entered over the weekend; last chance for everybody else to sneak in some answers, before I return later today with the results!

@Kidfried Just so you know, your music answers could be a game-changer!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

Thanks, @RogerRoger. Here goes!

Musical interlude

1 = Sounds a bit like a cheap ambient from an indie menu screen or something. Trackmania?
2 = Clearly PS2 era, so I think Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal is a fine guess
3 = Rayman Legends, no doubt!
4 = Quite clearly Mass Effect, and a tune I'm not too familiar with, so it's probably game 3 or Andromeda. Going to say Mass Effect 3 here, because it sounds epic and orchestral.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

mookysam

1. Los Angeles, Washington, Miami, Detroit
2. d) Topaz Weapon
3. True
Character A = Blaze the Cat
Character B = Silver the Robotnik
Character C = Werehog
Character D = Patricia the perhaps-Parrot

5. Snowboarding
6. a) Dam
7. He’s unkillable but I don’t know if that’s the reason. I’ll say True.

8. Its willy

9. Does this include spin-offs like the Fifa Street games? I don’t know if you mean just mainline games.
c) Eleven
10. I have no idea what this is referring to but it sounds icky. True.

Track 1 = Mirror’s Edge
Track 2 = No clue. Maybe Ratchet & Clank?
Track 3 = Barbie does Boston
Track 4 = Mass Effect

12. Werewolves and vampires
13. c) Blackwell Academy
14. May as well go with another true!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

LieutenantFatman

ROUND (PS)1

1) Name any one of the four American cities featured in Driver.
Los Angeles

2) Which of the following WEAPON does not appear in Final Fantasy VII (original)?
d) Topaz Weapon

3) True

BONUS 1: IDENTITY PARADE

4) Here are four semi-obscure characters from the Sonic franchise. Name them, please!

Character A =
Character B =
Character C = Were Hog? Absolutey no idea.
Character D =

ROUND (PS)2

5) The SSX series of games primarily depicts which sport?
Snowboarding

6) Which iconic GoldenEye 007 level was resurrected in TimeSplitters 2 (an FPS game developed by many former Rare employees)?
a) Dam

7) True or False: Because his wares are essential to Leon Kennedy's progress, the Merchant in Resident Evil 4 is an unkillable NPC.
False. Well, I recall very well if you shot him he would keel over and look pretty dead. Whether he would stay dead, I'm not sure. Probably would in the location he died at anyway.

ROUND (PS)3

8) You earn the "Handle with Care" trophy from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots by breaking off which part of a statue?
Reproductive organs

9) Excluding any legacy editions (which only refreshed squad rosters and kits), how many FIFA games were released for the PS3 by EA Sports?
c) Eleven

10) True or False: In the popular FromSoftware game Dark Souls, the only way to provoke Ceaseless Discharge is to attack it first.
False. As I recall he attacks when you pick up some items near him. Up until that point he ignores you, so the unwary caught off guard may well perish on collecting the lovely loot.

BONUS 2: MUSICAL INTERLUDE

11) As always, please watch the below and tell me from whence the music comes.

Not sure of any of these although, looking forward to seeing the 4th track revealed that is very familiar. And awesome, sounds very science fiction, could be Mass Effect or Xcom 2???

ROUND (PS)4

12) The Order: 1886 concerns itself with which two types of mythological monster?
Werewolves and vampires

13) What is the name of the school predominantly featured in Life is Strange and its prequel, Before the Storm?

a) Blackthorn Academy

14) True or False: Whilst tricky to accomplish, it's possible to kill all of the Underbosses in Mafia III and still complete the game.

True?

A few guesses there from me. As always, absolutely love the music round, fantastic work.

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

Thanks to the last couple of folks there; shut it down, no more answers, please!

Well, except these. Which are the right ones. I think.

ROUND (PS)1

1) The four American cities featured in Driver were Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York. There was a fifth hidden in the game, but it was Newcastle Upon Tyne, a British city home to developer Reflections back in the day.

2) There is no d) Topaz Weapon in Final Fantasy VII. I made it up.

3) Terrifyingly, this one is true. Gabe Logan would cause enemies to spontaneously combust if he held the taser trigger down too long. It's cruel, unusual and yes, grotesquely satisfying.

BONUS 1: IDENTITY PARADE

4) I asked you to identify the following folks from the Sonic franchise.

Untitled

Character A = Blaze the Cat
Character B = Doctor Eggman Nega
Character C = Sonic the Werehog
Character D = Jet the Hawk

I gave a point to those who said C was "Dark Sonic" because hey, you're not half-wrong!

ROUND (PS)2

5) Yep, after the success of the PSone era's Cool Boarders games, the SSX series on PS2 was primarily all about snowboarding.

6) This one was a) Dam and, whilst notably different from the couple of GoldenEye 007 levels set in and around the Byelomorye Dam, the TimeSplitters 2 location and spy-esque mission premise was a direct homage to that classic N64 shooter.

7) Sorry, but my statement was false. Leon can totally kill the Merchant. He will eventually respawn on lower difficulties, but his death is permanent during Professional Mode. So be nice to him!

ROUND (PS)3

8) Thank you to everybody who gave a diplomatic answer to this question, and special mention to the charming individual who guessed with an answer way more innocent than... well, than what the answer actually is. Because it's totally a male statue's junk. Yes, quite.

9) I've been generous with marking here, because I wasn't clear in my question. I was specifically looking for the number of straightforward, regular FIFA games released on PS3 (of which there were b) Ten, FIFA 08 to FIFA 17 inclusive). I had totally forgotten about all of the spin-off games prevalent during that era, and should've noted them. To anybody who asked for clarification, know that your valid inquiry has been reflected in your score. That'll teach me to look up things I'm not familiar with in order to avoid asking fourteen questions about Sonic!

10) It's another false statement here. Ceaseless Discharge (a giant Dark Souls lava monster in desperate need of a better name) is a passive enemy who'll attack when attacked, but he'll also attack if you loot the Gold-Hemmed Black Set from a nearby grave. Because reasons.

BONUS 2: MUSICAL INTERLUDE

11) Thanks for listening! You heard the following:

Track 1 was the main theme from Mirror's Edge, composed by Solar Fields and Lisa Miskovsky.
Track 2 was "Hellcat to the Rescue" from the piratical-themed Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier and was composed by Jim Dooley.
Track 3 was "Luchador" from Rayman Legends, composed by Christophe Héral.
Track 4 was the main theme from Mass Effect Andromeda, composed by John Paesano.

ROUND (PS)4

12) The Order: 1886 is all about lycans (for which I've accepted "werewolves" despite Google telling me that there's a difference...??) and vampires.

13) Life is Strange and its prequel take place at c) Blackwell Academy.

14) Alas, we end on a false note, I'm afraid. No matter how you treat the three Underbosses in Mafia III, one will always remain loyal and end up taking the lion's share of the city. Any other ending would undermine the protagonist's storyline.

As always, feel free to argue with my workings (numbers were never my strong suit) but, with all decent attempts and half-points accounted for, I make the results as follows.

@nessisonett wins with fourteen!
@WanderingBullet and @mookysam joint second, with thirteen each!
@Kidfried takes the bronze with twelve!

@LieutenantFatman scores eleven and a half points!
@crimsontadpoles scores eleven!
@Ralizah and @ralphdibny both scored nine!
@Th3solution scored a solid seven!

Huge thanks to everybody for taking part, as always. With next weekend being Halloween, I wonder if there's anybody who'd like to throw up a suitably spooky set of questions?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Untitled

Alas, I’m totally swamped with uni work and Game Club so it’s open for somebody else to do next week’s spooktacular quiz!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

Hi @RogerRoger great quiz. Sorry for not getting involved. Overworked, decorating and with relentless children. How are you anyway bro?

Also thanks @kidfried for the awesome character poll. It's always made me smile throughout this nightmare period of time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger cheers for doing this quiz, it was great! Also I wouldn't mind a full blown sonic quiz 🦔

I haven't played life is strange but I thought Blackwell might have been a red herring because of the bookshop in real life!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Th3solution

Yippee! If this was golf, I win!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Well, that leaves things open-ended for anybody to pass through and lay claim to the honour of creating the next quiz! Whoever fancies giving it a go, please do so!

@themcnoisy No apology necessary, buddy! Sounds like you've got your hands full right now, with stuff way more important than this; best of luck with it all, and be sure to carve out the occasional five minutes for yourself every now and again. As for me, I'm surviving, thanks! Busy in bursts, but making the most of the downtime in between. Hence the quiz!

@ralphdibny I'm sure you wouldn't mind a full Sonic quiz, but it's everybody else I'd worry about. Alas, I don't think they have Blackwell's Books in the US, otherwise the lawyers might've had words!

@crimsontadpoles Be rightly proud; I think I'd prefer a world which worked more like your brain!

@Th3solution Damn right you would. FORE!!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet No worries, and no worries!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

Round 1 - Games with Names:

Name these games that have names in the name of the game. 2 points each - 1 point for the name and 1 point for the game.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Round 2 - Games in The Simpsons

(Inspired by @Thrillho - I suspect you will get all of these correct if you take part!) Name these (probably) fictional games that featured in The Simpsons.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

4. (3 screenshots)
Untitled Untitled

Untitled

Round 3 - The Simpsons in Games

Name these games that the Simpsons have been in.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Round 4 - Stuck between The Rock and a hard place

I know the various Rock trivia went down great (or like a sack of potatoes) in my last quiz so here is some more random rockiness. Name the game with The Rock in.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

5. Sorry, this one is a film and has nothing to do with video games! Name the film where The Rock performs the “peck pop of love”
Untitled

25 points in total, hope you all enjoy!

Just going to copy and paste some mass tags from previous posts so I apologise if you are tagged multiple times or not tagged, please join in anyway even if you aren’t!

@Arugula @BearsEatBeets @crimsontadpoles @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Gremio108 @Kidfried @LieutenantFatman @mookysam @nessisonett @Ralizah @ralphdibny @Th3solution @themcnoisy @Thrillho @Tjuz and @WanderingBullet @Kidfried @LieutenantFatman @Arugula @Thrillho
@RogerRoger @WanderingBullet @Ralizah @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Gremio108 @LieutenantFatman @mookysam @Th3solution @Tjuz @RogerRoger @themcnoisy @Kidfried @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @Arugula @WanderingBullet @Ralizah @Thrillho

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

Ah poo, some of the images are GIFs and my mobile browser doesn't seem to like that, does anyone know how to fix it? Is there a different set of [IMG] tags for GIFs?

Edit: Don't worry they worked when I refreshed the page!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny The GIFs are working fine for me on Safari on my iPhone!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Le gasp! A wild quiz appeared! Thanks for resurrecting this topic!

Round 1: Games With Names
1) Sid Meier's Civilisation, maybe? Rampant guesswork here!
2) I think this was called Alice: The Madness Returns.
3) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, of course.
4) Donald Trump: The Game.
5) Famous Hockey Man's Licenced Hockey Game: The Game.

Round 2: Games in The Simpsons
1) Lee Carvello's Putting Challenge (might've spelt Carvello wrong).
2) BoneStorm.
3) Actually no idea... darn, I need to re-watch The Simpsons.
4) Kevin Costner's Waterworld ("What a rip!").
5) I think it's Dash Dingo.

Round 3: The Simpsons in Games
1) Oh, it's something like Bart Vs. Mutants from Space, right?
2) Not a clue. The Simpsons Arcade.
3) Damn, those Oculus Rift graphics are lookin' real ropey...
4) The Simpsons Wrestling on PSone.
5) The Simpsons: Tapped Out.

Round 4: Stuck Between The Rock and a Hard Place
1) Is that his terrible Spy Hunter movie tie-in, for a movie that never was?
2) WWF SmackDown 2 is what I picked from a hat.
3) Jumanji: The Videogame.
4) Ah, that's The Mummy Returns on PS2. Which I have. Don't judge me.
5) Couldn't tell you, alas. Random guess with Journey 2.

Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

Lovely quiz @ralphdibny . And with all these Simpsons questions, I might actually have a chance at doing well this time.

Round 1 - Games with Names:
1. Sid Myer's Civilizatization
2. Alice in Wonderland. That is one creepy looking White Rabbit.
3. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
4. Doom 64 Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
5. Yawney's Hockey Madness

Round 2 - Games in The Simpsons
1. Lee Carvello's Putting Challenge. "You have selected ... POWERDRIVE."
2. Mighty Combat. Can't remember this one, but I suspect the name is a Mortal Kombat reference.
3. Triangles. It's something like Triangles, or Shapes, or something, but can't recall what.
4. Waterworld. "What a rip-off" ... proceeds to add more quarters.
5. Dash Dingo. "Nunchucks? They're not even Australian".

Round 3 - The Simpsons in Games
1. The Simpsons. I'm much less knowledgeable about these old arcade games.
2. The Simpsons Strike Back
3. The Simpsons VR.
4. The Simpsons Wrestling
5. The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Round 4 - Stuck between The Rock and a hard place
1. Vampyr. The Rock would make a great vampire.
2. 2K WWF 01
3. Jumanji: The New World, or whatever the subheading was on the recent movie.
4. The Scorpion King
5. The Fast and the Furious 10: Turn Up The In10sity

HallowMoonshadow

Thanks for doing this @ralphdibny (& @RogerRoger for doing the quiz before) I've meant to restart the thread a number of times but work has kept me VERY busy a lot of the time!

I'll be sure to take part later today/tomorrow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.