Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Weekend Quiz MK-II

Posts 201 to 220 of 343

Th3solution

Quiz time!
I’ll take a shot at it —

Name in the title:
1. I see Roman Diplomat there ... I’ll guess “The Roman Empire: The Julius Caesar Edition”
2. Gotta be Alice and the Rabbit in “Alice in Wonderland”
3. That seems to be Gabe Logan and maybe it’s “Splinter Cell: Logan’s Shadow”?
4. I’m not sure but that image is quite disturbing 😅. Is that Duke Nukem game?
5. Clearly looks like an NHL game. Hmm... Is it Wayne Gretzky and we’ll call the game “Wayne Gretzky’s Hockey Extravaganza”

Simpsons:
1. Not sure. ...”Lee Trevino’s Golf Game”
2. Some kind of play on Mortal Kombat. I’ll say “Immortal Konflict”
3. Some kind of triangle gag ... “Pythagorean Space Battles”
4. It’s gotta be some kind of poke at the movie Waterworld. I’ll say “Waterworld”
5. No idea. Looks like Crocodile Dundee and a mouse. I’ll guess “Grand Theft Aussie”

Simpsons, part two:
1. Springfield Invaders
2. Super Bart Battle in the Sky
3. Salvation Creed: Flanders
4. Simpson’s Backyard Wrestling
5. The Sim[s]-psons

The Rock:
1. The Rock: The Uncanny Version
2. WWE: Smackdown 25
3. Jumanji
4. The Scorpion King
5. Jumanji

@ralphdibny Great quiz, bud! I probably botched it, but mostly I just put down whatever answer popped into my head 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Great quiz, glad I found some time to attempt it!

1. Sid Meier’s Civilization
2. American McGee’s Alice
3. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
4. Angela Lansbury’s Murder She Committed While Under The Influence Of Hallucinogenic Drugs
5. Wayne Gretzky’s... Ice Hockey?

1. LEE CARVALLO’S PUTTING CHALLENGE
BALL IS IN.... PARKING LOT
2. Something like Immortal Bloodsport, it’s a parody of MK anyway.
3. Absolutely no clue. Triangles.
4. Pocahontas: The Movie: The Game.
5. I think that might be Dash Dingo.

1. Bart vs the Space Mutants
2. Bart vs the World
3. Virtual Springfield
4. The Simpsons Wrestling
5. The Simpsons: Tapped Out

1. Looks strangely like Minority Report so I’m gonna say that incredibly bad/great game, Minority Report: Everybody Runs.
2. WWF No Mercy? Graphics are similar but not sure about the UI.
3. Jumanji: The Video Game
4. The Scorpion King
5. Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

WanderingBullet

Round 1 - Games with Names:
Name these games that have names in the name of the game. 2 points each - 1 point for the name and 1 point for the game.
1. No idea…
2. Alice: Madness Returns?
3. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
4. No idea…
5. Brett Hull Hockey?

Round 2 - Games in The Simpsons
1. Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge
2. Bonestorm
3. No idea…
4. The Simpsons: Waterworld?
5. Dash Dingo?

Round 3 - The Simpsons in Games
1. The Simpsons: Haunted Springfield?
2. The Simpsons: The Adventures of Bartman?
3. The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield?
4. The Simpsons Wrestling?
5. The Simpsons: Monopoly?

Round 4 - Stuck between The Rock and a hard place
1. Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
2. One of the WWE video games? But I don’t know which one.
3. Jumanji: The Video Game
4. The Scorpion King: Rise of the Akkadian?
5. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

HallowMoonshadow

Games with names

1. Sid Meier's Civilization I think I remember all the talk about it from the best box art thread so hopefully I'm right.
2. Always wanted to give this a look... That's American Mcgee's Alice
3. I have it on ps2... Never played it though (I think?) Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is the game.
4. I know exactly what that is that's Clive Barker's Jericho... The guy who made the Hellraiser series
5. No clue beyond it being Hockey related Yawney Bois Hockey?

Round 2- Games In The Simpsons

1. Well that's obviously Lee Carvello's Putting Challenge. Powerdrive all the way!
2. Bone Storm! "And I all did was enter my name... Thrillho!"
3. No fudging clue. I don't recognise it at all! Shapes and things?!
4. That's Kevin Costner's Waterworld of course!
5. I think it's Dash Dingo seeing as it's a crash ripoff from what I remember. Why do I keep thinking it's Digeri-Dingo though?.... Dash Dingo is my final answer. Hopefully that's right.

Round 3 - The Simpsons in games

1. ... No idea at all to be honest.
2. Bart's Nightmare? There's a game called that right?
3. Virtual Springfield I believe... Pretty sure I saw the adverts for it on some of the earlier Simpeons dvd's
4. That's the gem that is The Simpsons Wrestling
5. The Simpsons Tapped Out if I remember the name right

Round 4 - Stuck Between The Rock and A Hard Place

1. I dunno... The Mission Impossible game?
Smackdown Vs Raw ... Or something. Clearly wrestling at least lol
3. Jumanji The Game?
4. That's The Mummy Returns ... I remember that CGI monstroscity from the film lol
5. That's a clip from Jumanji: The Next Level

Great stuff overall ralphdibny!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

Round 1
1. Something strategy-ish and it says Roman, so maybe Civilisation
2. American McGee’s Alice
3. It can only be a futuristic staging of The Nutcracker
4. Great British Bake Off
5. NHL

Round 2
1. Golf Man
2. Lazytown
3. Confetti
4. Waterworld
5. Crocodile Dundee spoof

Round 3
1. The Simpsons Arcade Game
2. The Simpsons Arcade Game with better graphics
3. The Exorcist
4. The Simpsons Fighting Game
5. The mobile Sims-esque one

Round 4
1. Sex and the City
2. The N64 one
3. Jumanji
4. Scorpion King
5. Jumanji

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ralphdibny

Hi all!

I’m really glad you enjoyed the quiz and thank you for taking part! Ive tried to be generous with the answers and sometimes I’ll explain it if i am being generous!

Round 1 - 1 point for the name and 1 point for the game
1. Sid Meier’s Civilisation - I’ve never played this game but from the screenshot it looks like lots of London cities in the continent of Africa :S, I love how Birmingham is south of London!
2. American McGee’s Alice - ill give a point if you said Alice anywhere in your answer, Alice Madness Returns was the sequel to this game!
3. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell - Sam Fisher looks like a bit of a pervert from that angle!
4. Clive Barker’s Jericho
5. Wayne Gretzky’s Hockey

Round 2 -
1. Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge (doesn’t matter how you spelt it, unless you spelt it Trevino haha)
2. Bonestorm
3. Triangle Wars - I’m guessing this is a parody of Star Wars Arcade which was just made of lines which commonly formed triangle shapes. I could be wrong though!
4. Kevin Costner’s Waterworld - you still get a point for Waterworld
5. Dash Dingo

Round 3 - Most of these have The Simpsons in the title but if you are more or less there and haven’t written The Simpsons then you will still get the point.
1. Bart Vs. The Space Mutants - I could never get more than a few steps before being killed by a “space mutant” in this game gear “classic”
2. Bart’s Nightmare - i actually really enjoy this game on the SNES
3. Virtual Springfield - I wasted a lot of my childhood playing this game on the computer but at least i found the secret Stonecutters meeting hall
4. The Simpsons Wrestling - I don’t know what to say about this one but i did waste some time with it on PS1
5. The Simpsons Tapped Out - one year of my life down the drain!

Round 4 -
1. This is indeed SpyHunter: Nowhere to Run - a point for mentioning spyhunter, even i didn’t know it had a subtitle, or even a title, all i see is The Rock
2. WWF Warzone for PS1 - i can’t believe Undertaker is checking out The Rocks inexplicable Size 0 waistband in this screenshot
3. Jumanji - The Video Game - you will get a point for mentioning Jumanji somewhere in your answer
4. This is indeed from the Mummy Returns game - not the Scorpion King game unfortunately, I didn’t want to repeat a game from my last quiz so Scorpion King got the chop which leads me to…
5. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island - I guess this was a remake of Ray Harryhausen’s Mysterious Island? but also a sequel to the remake of Journey to the Centre of the Earth? also with the rock? the amount of people who have said Jumanji 2 (I assume they mean Jumanji 3) has me worried now, maybe he performs the peck pop of love in both films.. I haven’t seen Jumanji 3

So here are the scores George Dawes, in ascending order of course!
@mookysam 5 points
@Th3solution 7 points
@crimsontadpoles 11 points
@WanderingBullet 12 points
@nessisonett 15 points
@RogerRoger 16 points
@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy 19 points

Well done to all of you! If you have any discrepancies with my scoring then please let me know and I will edit accordingly. Some of your answers were so funny that i laughed and lost count! I won’t ask anyone in particular to do the next quiz but if you fancy it and have the time then please make one!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Thrillho

@ralphdibny Sorry I never got round to taking part in a quiz which had a round just for me! (Even if it didn’t know the triangle one).

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I completely forgot Journey 2 existed @ralphdibny so I just assumed it was the Jumanji: The Next Level as it seemed like something that'd be in that!

That Bart's Nightmare question was a total guess so cool that paid off.

Why I remember Clive Barker's Jericho though I'll never know... Never played it either... Just knew that the Hellraiser guy made a video game xD

Not entirely sure how I came out on top either but it was fun none the less! 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

ralphdibny

@Thrillho no worries, there's always next time!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy you obviously just have a vast knowledge of The Simpsons, The Rock and games with names 😂. Jericho was a weird one, I remember it being really hyped before it came out so it just stuck with me even though I never played it because I only had a Wii (out of the then-current gen) at the time!

See ya!

nessisonett

I’m just glad I got Wayne Gretsky’s Hockey hahahahaha total guess but he’s the only hockey player I know 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@ralphdibny Great work, bud! It was fun to participate. I am just ashamed that I don’t know the different between Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell. Never been good at differentiating those two series. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution there's a line in peace walker (I think) where big boss mentions Sam and Gabe from Splinter Cell and Syphon Filter respectively!

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny What a quiz, and honoured to be defeated by Foxy, the trivia queen! Thanks for doing this!

I remember a lot of noise being made in PlayStation magazines about The Rock's big Spy Hunter vehicle (pun semi-intended) back in the day, so it took me a second to realise where I knew that screenshot from, but it was a good bit of random nostalgia!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger no problemo! I couldn't quite believe how many games The Rock had been in, even outside of wrestling games. I think I stumbled on this information when I was making the last quiz.

I'm a (possibly self-aware) fan of the rock, he's great in a lot of movies, especially comedies in which he is genuinely quite funny if they give him an appropriate role. he's kind of like the new Schwarzenegger but not as good. I can't get behind all his self help and optimism schtick but it seems to work for him and as a highly lucrative brand so good on him.

See ya!

Th3solution

Wait a minute! Am I dense or has @Thrillho ‘s avatar been Lee Carvallo’s Putting Challenge this whole time?! How did I miss that? Please tell me you just changed it to that.

Gremio108

@ralphdibny Great quiz, sorry I missed it. I've had a hell of a weekend. For what it's worth I just had a go and scored nine points. I did surprisingly/worryingly well at the Rock round

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.