Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 761 to 764 of 764

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets Christ, I didn't think Lewis going to Ferrari surprise story could be topped this year but...

TBH if I was Red Bull i'd ditch Horner in a heartbeat if it meant keeping Newey, one feels replaceable the other doesn't.

Ferrari would be a fascinating fit.

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant While seeming highly unlikely, the occasional story about Max being up for moving still float around. Maybe he heard about Newey's feelings and it's not as far fetched as I thought.

If it were to end up being Ferrari it would make Lewis' move look even more brilliantly timed than his Mercedes move from Maclaren.

Going to have to keep a close eye on this as this is bigger than any driver move in my opinion.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets 100%

It’s all coming out now that there is a BIG power struggle at Red Bull and they tried to get rid of Helmut Marko but Max basically prevented that as there is a release clause in his contract if Marko leaves. (Edit) Plus battle between Red Bull's Austrian and Thai arms, likely since both founders Dietrich Mateschitz and Chaleo Yoovidhya have passed on, the next generation is squabbling. Will be very interesting to see how this all plays out. More exciting than most of the action on track at the moment

Edited on by themightyant

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

@themightyant I wonder if Newey will decide to skip Miami next weekend, pretty it's not unusual for him to not be present for some races. I can picture Horner dealing with questions through gritted teeth already.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic