Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,065

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I vote for before Cyberpunk, I reckon we’re better waiting for next gen to take lovely photos of Night City.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Imgur had better brace itself for 2021, that's for darn sure!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'm gonna take a little two week break from Push Square I think.

I'm (Mostly) off work now and I think after all that's gone on I deserve a nice little break...

Feel free to tag me in anything relevant like your first impressions for FFVII RogerRoger, Ness trying out Danganronpa 2, Sol finally finishing Bloodstained, how everyone's doing in Bioshock for game club KratosMD or you knuckling down with Digital Devil Saga 2/Going back to Jade Cocoon Ralizah or whatever any of all the wonderful regulars here do whilst I'm gone.

...Though uhh try not to tag me a million times or somethng?

See you all soon and stay safe!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Hope you enjoy your break @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy have a nice break FGS. See you in a fortnight.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

Well, KratosMD (no point in tagging an account that doesn't exist anymore), if you're reading this at any point, I hope you're doing okay, buddy.

@LN78 I was looking through my notifications wondering why the GoT thread ones had just up and vanished, lol. That explains it.

@kyleforrester87 ...that doesn't surprise me. With the build-up to a new gen, comments and articles on the main page are getting VERY fanboyish as of late, and, well, he doesn't deal with disagreement or conflict very well, IMO.

Still, nuking his account on here nukes his account on Pure Xbox as well. I wonder if he realizes that?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@antdickens Can you prevent topics from getting removed once its first post is removed?

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah He's a smart guy, but honestly he has a bit of growing up to do in some areas - and I say that knowing full well I act like a complete child half the time.

If you sound off about how great Microsoft are on a PlayStation website, you have to anticipate getting jumped on. If you can't hack it you need to keep your "controversial" (I use that term lightly, not sure it's really appropriate considering the subject matter) opinions to yourself, right?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

antdickens

@Kidfried well, it's technically possible... but frankly when someone requests their account deleted we need to legally (GDPR etc) remove all their information/content from our servers which includes topics they started. We could keep the orphaned replies but we wouldn't know what topic it was... maybe we need a way to ask a user if they want to "hand over" the topics they created when they choose to delete their account which could see them re-assigned to the default pushsquare user account.

kyleforrester87

@LN78 Thing is it usually starts with making a reasonable argument, then you can get so entrenched in your position that you just become oblivious to what might be reasonable counter-points. For me, I do have strong opinions on a lot of things, but if I'm being honest with myself, dig a little deeper and most of the time I've settled on that because it's the easier conclusion and I'm probably being lazy. So if I get into a debate like that, I am just going to back myself into a corner, make myself look stupid and feel pissed off and disappointed with myself more than anyone else (which might lead to me storming off with my football).

So, as someone who feels he forms lazy opinions more than he should, I try to shut up and take it on the chin when I need to.

But hey we're only human too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@LN78 The issue is the contrast between the nicer environment on the forum and the more hostile one in the comments. Some of the longer standing members are long standing purely because they are a bit on the sensitive side and this forum is a comfortable place for them. Then they are surprised when they get shot down for voicing something on an article that might be entertained by the regulars on here.

Combine that with the feeling of being disrespected - "why should a no avatar infrequent article commenter talk down to me, I'm a forum regular with 5000+ comments!"

If you're going to have a big ego, you better have a thick skin right?!

kyleforrester87

Rudy_Manchego

Same here - shame to see @KratosMD go as always enjoyed reading their threads and thoughts, even when we didn't agree. Hopefully we see a return (if you are reading this, good luck with your career and hope to chat again soon).

The internet is a weird place. We all get over passionate sometimes but I'd say that the forums are a pretty good place all told. Articles though.. well yeah, lots of people now comment just to attack or troll and its sad but hard to do much about unless you delete a lot which then lessens engagement.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@crimsontadpoles Absolutely, he's done a lot more for this place than I have over the years, so massive respect to him for that. Just laying down some (perceived) home truths, I hope I have not offended him (if he ever reads them) or anyone else.

Feel free to give me a roasting, but be aware I'm a little more sensitive than I make out sometimes

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic