Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,065

Rudy_Manchego

@AdamNovice Hey, that’s great to hear and welcome back. I think I have nearly finished TLOU2 and I think I could write several essays on how I have felt during the game. Might put some spoiler tagged thoughts on the review forum thread but the game has me very conflicted.

I have Iron Man VR queues up next as well. Being Tony Stark seems like a great antidote!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice Really pleased to hear that you're much better, buddy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@AdamNovice good to see you got your emotions in check. Your points were all valid for sure, it's difficult to grade a game you so actively dislike - especially when it's for the story and what it did with the characters!

I felt the same way with Mass Effect Andromeda. Someone would comment 'but the shootings good'.... What the heck did that matter the characters were wafer thin and I didn't care what was happening anymore. I know TLOU is different, the first game had me gripped by the amazing set up and relationship between Joel and Ellie - I honestly can't see how it can be bettered. Which is one reason I haven't been too bothered by the sequel.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@AdamNovice Good to see you back.

Oftentimes one really just needs to discuss and process one's emotions. Even if the thing causing them is fictional, emotions are real and can have a deleterious effect on our health if we keep them bottled up.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Just to briefly interject, but you were one day away from getting a "Haven't seen you posting as much, you okay?" message from me, buddy. Good to see you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I'm full on in work Rog. I have managed to post the odd comment here and there, still it's all consuming. 10 hour days and 45 minute drive into Aintree and back knock me out, then looking after my family etc.

As for gaming I've spent way too much time on Cities Skylines, the same things bug me from the PC version (waste disposal, grave yards) but now we have new rubbish like the train lines refusing to connect up! I spent about 20ish hours playing round with unlimited money (which turns the Trophies off) and built an awesome city getting used to the controls and now I'm on my trophy run!

LieutenantFatman

@AdamNovice
Glad you're feeling better, dude! Definitely does help to talk about these things, and sometimes someone might say something that really resonates.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Yikes, that sounds pretty gruelling, buddy. I hope things start to calm down, and that you're able to get all of those Skylines trophies soon!

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger thanks bro, always good to get a message and stuff! Anyhow now that we are here I was hoping your good self @AdamNovice and @Neolit have any plans for the screenshot cup? Last year it was around the same time @KratosMD runs the goty and both are great so we can avoid a clash.

nessisonett

@themcnoisy I actually only noticed the forum existed due to last year’s screenshot contest so definitely looking forward to this year’s one 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I thought Neolit left the forums?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Yeah, since we've unfortunately lost Neolit, we're gonna have to recruit a new judge to make the new, three category system work; don't worry, I've got somebody in mind.

Still wanna wait a bit, because Ghost of Tsushima is heavily promoting its Photo Mode, and somebody suggested it'd be a good idea to give people a chance to capture stuff from the year's biggest releases. I was thinking November at the latest, depending, because then December / January is usually the time folks consider their GOTY choices.

All of this is providing @AdamNovice agrees, of course!

Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

@RogerRoger I'll gladly judge as well, some of you guys gave been really kind to me over the last couple of weeks so it wouldn't be fair if I didn't give something back.
I think it was me who suggested hanging on for a bit becasuse of certain games coming out. I reckon November at the absolute latest as well.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice That's real awesome of you to say, but you don't owe us anything! It'd be a pleasure to judge alongside you come the time.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @AdamNovice Cyberpunk comes out on Nov 18th...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Well, we've got to draw a line somewhere. I reckon having it the first two weeks of November (thus clearing the decks before everybody starts playing Cyberpunk before the holidays) might be the best option, but we'll see closer to the time.

It's either that, or we wait until late January, but that seems a little excessive!

Making It So Since 1987

AdamNovice

@RogerRoger Might be a good cut off point before next gen gets under way. Which might give some games an advantage due to better graphics etc.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice Good point; I hadn't considered that. Next year, we'll likely have to start distinguishing between the console generations (depending on how PS5 screenshots come out, of course).

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic