Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 3,698

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Every time I see that avatar, I remember standing on Lego.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

For flips sake. Got Yizamat down to about 3/4 health... and the game crashes. 😭 That is 2 hours of life I will never be getting back! 😆

Ah well, at least I will know what I'm doing this time round, as I started the fight with my party dealing Holy damage (as I've been mainly fighting undead enemies of late), and he absorbs that, so had to tweak my party. He is weak to dark damage, unfortunately I locked myself out of the best weapon that deals Dark damage cos of the way quickenings work.

Not sure if I'm a fan of these super long boss fights. Sure, they are only optional but even if this one was cut in half it still would have felt epic. Once I got my gambits setup right, I just left the game in quadruple speed and went off and did something else most of the time. 😂 The only time I had to do anything was change my party leader when they were not revived straight away.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Yizamat is down! Basically just left it on in the background when I was working! 😁

nomither6

Final Fantasy 13 was my first Final Fantasy game so I guess its my favorite , i get nostalgic about it & its the only FF game ive ever played lol , never beat it though , the game is looong. it came with 3 discs on xbox360 and i tapped out on disc 2 lol.

FF also taught me roman numerals

nomither6

nomither6

yeah , yeah , i know - ''ff13 worst game ever'' etc . but i mean , c'mon , as an outsider to the franchise , and 13 being my first , it seemed good to me , lol. gimmie a break , haha .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

johncalmc

I kinda wish they'd remaster FFXIII for PS4/5 just so I can throw good money at it just to see if it's as bad as I remember just to be annoyed when it is and I'm now £50 worse off.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@johncalmc They already remastered The Lost Remnant so clearly Squeenix aren’t averse to polishing a turd.

johncalmc

@nessisonett They should just do the whole trilogy really and release it as a pack like X & X-2. From what I remember XIII-2 was actually good. Never played the third one. It's so funny how Square Enix desperately wanted to make Lightning a thing.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nessisonett

@johncalmc Yeah the second one was a lot better. Minus the Chocobo song. Them trying to make Lightning a thing despite her being blander than a margarine sandwich always confused me. They pushed that universe so hard and what did we really get out of it? Type-0?

johncalmc

@nessisonett I'm not sure what they saw in it. FFXIII wasn't particularly good at anything. I know some people say the battle system is good but I thought it was a mess. The story is incoherent. The characters are whatever. No towns. No exploration. Yawn. I don't know what inspired them to think they could get three games out of it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

nomither6

@johncalmc i didn't understand anything about the story but i was like 13-14 at the time so idk if thats an excuse or that the writing in the game was just that bad .

i just liked the atmosphere and music of the game , so my expectations in a way were low.. ignorance is bliss i guess.

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

themcnoisy

I quite liked the Titans trials in ff13. And once you get into the story it has some good ideas. Unfortunately the levelling had a ceiling each err level, the lack of NPC's glaring and buying stuff from remote terminals was balls.

I still have fond memories of what's his face and thingymabobs.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Arisen

I played ffvii remake for the 1st time and, something I never heard anyone discuss, the gameplay is heavily inspired by ffxiii lightning returns. Probably the most hated game in the franchise. Kinda ironic isn't it? (talking about classic mode)

Arisen

nessisonett

@Bush Lightning Returns probably isn’t as bad as XIII imo. It’s just... a bit pointless.

Arisen

@nessisonett FFXIII 2 was the redemption of the first game and was decent overall. Then came lr to bring an end to the story but instead created even more plot holes. The battle system was its only redeeming factor which was so good it was upgraded and intergraded into ffvii remake.

Arisen

colonelkilgore

So I’ve obviously misunderstood something (not really done my research if I’m honest) but I thought that once you freely upgraded your PS4 FFVIIR to the FFVIIRI that Yuffy’s DLC would be automatically included in the Intergrade version. It’s showing up as £15.99 extra for me. Is that right?

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic