Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 3,001 to 3,020 of 3,698

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore It’s only new purchases of the PS5 version that include it. Hence why I haven’t played it yet!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

Just finished the Yuffie thing.

Pretty much the same as Remake. Loved 95% of it - the combat, the interpretation of Yuffie, the new people - and then it had to get silly at the end. Not as silly as Remake, but still. Sillier than I would like. Can we just not.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc How were the side quests? I thought it could get any worse than looking for cats, but I hear they aren't an improvement.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

@JohnnyShoulder Unless I missed loads of side quests there's not much of anything. There's a pretty cool minigame you can play with various citizens of Midgar, there's a thing where you can hunt for Turtle's Paradise posters, and there's Chadley's VR fighting thing. The whole DLC feels kinda superfluous and recycles environments so it's a bit like a sidequest itself, only a pretty good sidequest with a fun new character.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Wait, Final Fantasy X-3 actually could happen?!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I'd play that. But how many FF games can they have in development at one time?

Voltan

nessisonett

Final Fantasy X is 20 years old today. Mad!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yikes! Now I feel really old! That was the game that killed the series for about 15 years for me though! 😂

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s one of those games that’s just incredibly impressive going back to. The remaster cements it as a proper classic and a big step up from IX in many departments despite coming out like a year afterwards.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah it wasn't that I thought the game was bad or anything like that, probably more to do with me being a bit fed up with series as a whole and not being keen on the direction they were going with it.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I figured I’d post here for discussion regarding our final fantasy experiences —

I made it through chapter 11 of FF7R and had another epic boss fight. Was a really cool encounter. The chapter has a different kind of setting from the previous chapters, and the boss Eligor was less robot and more fantasy based. It was really hard also and I was surprised how difficult since I’d heard Hellhouse was the hardest but this boss was also up there as far as difficulty. Maybe not quite as hard but still quite challenging. The bosses all require some slightly different tactics, which does keep the game fresh. I was happy to make it through by the end and get to the next major checkpoint before shutting down for the day.

Sounds like you’re making progress with FFXV. I know a little about the storyline from my research before I bought it. Noctis apparently being a prince or something like that. Do you enjoy the whole car / road trip setting? It sounded like it could get tedious to me, but at the same time the character interaction has been reported to be really good with the bro group. Would you say the combat is harder or easier to get a grip with, compared to FF7R? What are some other parts of the game you enjoy so far?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I don't mind the car/road trip setting too much, it could get a little tedious later but I'm fine with it so far - you can get another driver to drive for you or for 5 gil you can fast travel to locations, inexpensive, what? I do like the bro group, there was an amusing moment I think I can mention without spoiling anything, Noctis and the other bros do a crazy pose in front of the car for a photo, so, yeah, plenty of Japanese flair thus far, the combat is harder to get a grip with, but only a bit, and yeah, graphics-wise though it looks too much like a PS3 game compared 7R. Other aspects of the game that I enjoy so far - I just like the world, it feels living and breathing, plenty of places to shop and places you can spend the night in if you have the necessary funds and don't want to camp. One problem I noticed so far though is that the spot for setting up the camp wasn't marked on the map so I had to wander around with my party till I found it, but that,I assume is just because I haven't unlocked them on the map yet, and if it is a bug, which I doubt as this is a digital download version of the game, i can always watch Youtube videos to find the camp spots.

A fantasy-style boss sounds excellent, I'll definitely be starting over from scratch once I can get a digital download version of the game after this and Elden Ring.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ll be interested to hear more about how FFXV develops for you. Are you playing the Royal Edition that has the DLC and added content?
One thing I heard was the main story ends strangely and the DLC helps to make for a better wrap up, but I don’t know.

So apparently there is time mechanic in combat where you have the ability to combo up with your team mates for special attacks, is that correct? Do you get to control all of the players in the group or is it just Noctis that you can control?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution The time/combo mechanic is definitely there, and you can control all of the players in the group, but I've just been playing it like one of the original GoW games! 😂

I'll definitely keep you posted as I continue to play through it.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

johncalmc

I liked Final Fantasy XV more than I had any right to. More than it deserved, honestly. I feel like I was meeting it more than half way, but for as shambolic and messy and blatantly unfinished as it is, there's something about it. I will play it again one day. But it is not this day.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Th3solution

Thrillho

@Th3solution The FF7R boss fights are pretty great on the whole and it's funny how people can struggle on different ones. Hell House is a common one but I really found Abzu quite difficult (the sewer boss) and both my normal and hard runs.

Flying bosses are thankfully few and far between but do cause additional problems! My current run is turning out quite easy thanks to be high level characters and materia but also because I can remember what bosses are coming up, check the "enemy intel" screen and then load my materia accordingly.

I'm just coming to the end of the game as I'm deep into chapter 17. Then it's onto the DLC at last!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic