Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 3,696

Ralizah

I GOT MY THEME CODE.

It's so pretty!

This is my new forever theme. That gorgeous version of Tifa's theme just makes it.

Totally worth the price of two Butterfingers.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well, that makes sense. FFVII was pretty old by the time you got around to it, right? I think the people who are gaga over it (like me) are people who played it when it was fresh, and especially if they were very young at the time (ditto).

This is a chance for someone who missed out to experience the masterpiece in a fresh, modern, exciting way (the same way so many of us experienced it in the late 90s).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s weird, being a millennium baby, I really shouldn’t have as strong feelings regarding FF7. I think the difference between PS1 and PS2 was small enough that by playing it on my PS2 when I was a kid, I probably played it at an age similar to those of you that owned it first time around. Backwards compatibility was great in that regard, I played just as many PS1 games as PS2 games so I have fond memories of both.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Recently coming off of Nier Automata I kept pressing the shoulder buttons and brought up the command menu too a number of times @crimsontadpoles so you aren't the only one! 😅

Yeah I played it 6-8 years ago @Ralizah. I honestly can't remember exactly when now but it's in the ball park. Only went through it the once too.

I'd actually probably appreciate the original version more if I played it again now knowing my views on it (and probably taking a bit more of a lesuirely pace with it too) and what to actually expect rather then just the... deified reputation it has/had that it could never live up to (and it was pretty heavily spoiled for me so I never got as properly invested as I could've either).

I'm kinda glad it's being remade though and not a 1 for 1 remake either so whilst I'll still know the end point, the journey'll be drastically different. Not to mention I have those lower expectations of mine in mind.

-EDIT- Nice theme too by the way!

I've given the demo another go too and honestly... I'm liking it even more. Must've took over a hundred screenshots now 😂

I really do like the fact that when choosing a command/magic in the FFVII Remake demo the whole thing goes slo-mo.

It's such a little thing but it really does make it much easier to navigate in the midst of things (unlike say Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2) and it even gives you a bit of a breather to think about your strategy going forward which helps with the much more involved combat.

I'm still gonna wait on it though for all those patches and what not it'll have/might need and try to find a nice spoiler free review when it does drop for some of the bigger reservations I have buuuuut...

... I may end up actually purchasing this sooner then I intended. Which really isn't something I thought I'd say as aside from the remasters of X, X-2 & XII I haven't touched a Square Enix game for this entire generation and honestly haven't wanted to.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

WanderingBullet

@Feena No, I haven't played Crisis Core before. I did recalled seeing him in a flash back sequence in Advent Children, though.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho no i don't think it will need a new thread, this is after all the all encompassing FINAL FANTASY thread

and yes i did miss the Honybee out but that was also part of the mission to rescue Tifa

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yeah i noticed that too, it's a nice little touch i thought

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula for $10 yeah it's worth it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles Same here, I lost count the amount of times I brought up the menu when I wanted to dodge! I think I had about 80 health left with Cloud after the boss fight.

That would be an incredibly mean thing to do if someone tagged you @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy with any spoilers! I don't anyone from here would do
that intentionally however.

Nice theme @Ralizah! I'm well jel. What is a butterfinger by the way?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've mentioned this before, but I had a similar issue with old 3D Nintendo games like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, etc. I'm sure they were amazing back in the day, but experiencing them for the first time years later, they just... don't measure up.

Although I'm glad my first experience with OoT (and first 3D Zelda game overall, lol) was the 3DS remake. A lot of those N64 games look pretty nightmarish now, and I say that as someone who looks back on OG FF7's lego people with fondness.

@nessisonett That's pretty cool. Personally, I think the sixth gen was my favorite, so it must have been neat being little and playing games from that era, along with the best PS1 games.

Going back to my collection of NES games from young childhood, I still like them, but man, are they rudimentary!

@JohnnyShoulder American candy bar. Hardened peanut butter that's layered with chocolate.

You get the theme along with DLC items if you buy Butterfingers (Crunch bars work as well, I think) and upload the receipt you get with them to a particular website in NA.

Anyway, the advertising crossover most closely associated with the Butterfinger before this was definitely the Simpsons advertising blitz in the 90s:

Edited on by Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Oh ok, thanks. I thought as much. For some reason I thought that it might be how much it was on the PS store or something like that.

Not heard of anything like over here in regards to the remake.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Hope they figure something out for the folks across the pond. I've never been a fan of regional exclusivity.

Edited on by Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder i know we get a Sephiroth theme if we pre-order from Amazon, i'm not sure if that's also in America though perhaps @Ralizah can confirm if it is or isn't

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo It is.

I actually didn't know that, though, despite having preordered my special edition from Amazon.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Crunch bars are great plus we get them over here. Mmm Crunch bars. Please give me a reason to buy them, FF7R.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I would usually get it from Amazon as I have prime, but as it is released on a bank holiday (and there is also a bank holiday on the following Monday), I'm gonna get it digitally. The standard version comes with a dynamic theme which will hopefully be sweet. Not sure if they are both the same.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

What's annoying me about Final Fantasy VII Remake is that they've got a preorder for a version that's like £80 or something, and it comes with loads of rubbish like a digital artbook which is basically a Google image search, and a digital soundtrack which is basically a Spotify playlist but not on Spotify which means I'll never listen to it, so all this stuff is totally worthless, but it also comes with a cactuar summon so sure I guess I'm paying the extra £15 over the normal version.

This is how they get you.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc I'm just getting the standard version for 60 quid. That comes with a theme and a chocobo summon. I plan to get some psn credit from either shopto or cdkeys as it works out a bit cheaper that way.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder £60 where are you buying it from? it's only costing me £50 on Amazon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic