Don't hate any of them but this is how I would probably rate them:

1. FFXIV - 9.5/10
2. FFXII - 9.5/10
3. FFXV - 8.5/10
4. FFXIII - 7.5/10

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

kyleforrester87

1-5: I just don't like them, they were already old when I tried to play them and other than 4 I didn't get any real enjoyment out of them.

6: I don't like everything that happens after the "main event" toward the end of the game.

7: What don't I like about this game, jeez. Errrm... it's a pass, I dislike nothing about it.

8: The whole school thing. And Norg. And the world map music. And the way you earn money. And drawing. And GFs. And the world map music. And the world map music. And the world map music.

9: The 3rd quarter is kind of a slog.

10: The temples are awful, one in particular.

11: Ha

12: Boring characters

13: Three of the worst FF characters, and way to linear, which wouldn't be a problem if the story wasn't so dull and I didn't hate most of the cutscenes. Music sucked.

14: Typical grindy MMORPG nonsense

15: Awful side quests. I would genuinely be surprised if they weren’t designed by a potato.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Nice idea!

I - The lack of a decent plot/characters although that’s forgivable considering the age etc.

II - Oh jeez, you know already what it is 😂 levelling is utterly broken. Punching your teammates so they gain HP... does not make sense.

III - Easily the hardest game, it’s brutal and really easy to mess up an entire save/need to grind for literally hours. Also Salamander can die in hellfire.

IV - Hm, this is a good one but I got a wee bit sick of fighting the 4 Fiends. The bosses aren’t great in this one.

V - Only one I haven’t played!

VI - Hard to pick out much wrong with it but probably how often you’re funnelled into having a specific party.

VII - Some of those side quests are nigh on impossible without a guide. Who raises chocobos for KotR without a guide? Not me, that’s for sure. Actually, I’ve never bothered getting KotR because it just breaks the game anyway.

VIII - Drawing/GF/basically the whole stats mechanic. I know you lot all have different opinions on the mechanic but it does my head in. Either you’re ludicrously OP or you’re massively underpowered. There’s no in between.

IX - Probably how often the party’s split, as I’ve mentioned. It does encourage use of all characters but I play the games wrong/only use the characters I like.

X - I love this game just as much as VII but the plot is hilarious. Also Wakka. Just everything about that racist, volleyball-throwing, quiff-monster.

XI - PS2’s internet. It was impressive but if there’s ever a case for a game being almost too ahead of time, that’s it.

XII - Again, I love this one although I only played the remaster. The pacing is seriously bad though, especially at the end. It just... ends.

XIII - Seeing as I can’t say the whole game...😛 I’ll go for the characters. Yes, it’s linear and corridor-esque but a better plot would have let me put up with that if I had got invested in the characters. Snow does seem a wee bit noncey in retrospective and Hope is eye-wateringly annoying. Lightning is somehow less interesting as a character than Vaan. That’s impressive.

XIV - Couldn’t really get into it for one reason, subscription fees. I know that’s hardly a criticism of the game but I just really dislike a subscription and it’s also why I don’t have WoW Classic. Especially if I’m having to pay for the base game and expansions. Elder Scrolls Online going FTP shows it can work.

XV - Everything after the end of the open world. Loved the open world, plus postgame but once it went linear it went off the rails, literally 😉. The gameplay just doesn’t suit it and the poor car was forgotten. And then there’s the whole extended media required to ‘fully appreciate’ the game. Yep, sure.

Tactics - It isn’t Tactics Advance 😉. Unpopular opinion but Advance is the superior game just because I vastly prefer the approach to missions in that game. The original is a wee bit too linear for my liking, I love the way Advance handled it.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 What’s wrong with 8’s map music 😂 Honestly one of the only things I like about 8 is the soundtrack, especially the world map!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett honestly the world map music kind of makes my spine tingle in all the wrong ways. As soon as it kicks in, kind of makes me shudder.

I like the Garden soundtrack, and the Laguna battle music. Other than that, it can 0,1,2,1,do,1.

Edit: Dollet landing theme is good too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett i managed to raise a Gold Chocobo without a guide but if i'm honest it was pretty much by accident, i have no idea how i did it, i just bread 2 chocobos and got a gold one

and yes KotR breaks FFVII, with KotR, Quadra Magic and W-Summon you can KO anything in one move even Ruby Weapon

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 nope the first time i got one was by accident guess i just used the right stuff i bread a Green and a Blue one, then i used them and got a Black Chocobo and i bread it with wonderful Chocobo i caught at the Icicle Area and i used a Zeio nut as i figured they were the best as they were so hard to et, i know races are involved but i used to do a lot of Chocobo racing back in the day

so i guess you can say i worked it out my self even if i didn't realize it

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Don’t forget using mine with your quadra magic, W summon, KotR combo (especially if you’re sad like me and spend enough time to fully level it up and get a second copy)

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho guess i'm sad too because i do that as well

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

nessisonett wrote:

Also Wakka. Just everything about that racist, volleyball-throwing, quiff-monster

It was especially weird to me seeing Wakka so judgey when I went through FF X as I'd actually experienced the sequel first where he's so laid back in comparison.

To be fair Yevon's one of the crummiest and corrupt religions I've seen in a video game

Wakka's attitude is pretty dire for most of it (And it's been ages so maybe I'm misremembering how much of an ass he is) but I can't be too hard on the guy for such a controlling and toxic attitude Yevon has over it's followers anyway

Though he is a bit of an idiot for still going along with it for the longest of times 😂

nessisonett wrote:

XIII - Seeing as I can't say the whole game 😛... Lightning is somehow less interesting as a character than Vaan

... Y'know... You're alright @nessisonett 😉

I haven't played any of the series that recently to really make any noteworthy criticisms (I haven't played like half the entries either)

But I really couldn't get over how much padding there was when I played the DS version of FF III last year.... But considering how old the game that remake is based off of it is it's still fairly impressive mind...

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I’m probably extra harsh on Wakka just because of the fact you have to play Blitzball to get his ultimate weapon and that is in no way a fun time to be had 😂

FullbringIchigo

Square Enix have uploaded the opening movie to the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake on YouTube, of course it goes without saying but MINOR SPOILERS

but i have to say it looks SO damn good

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Oh man, I’ve got chills. Now the hype is fully at 11.

JohnnyShoulder

I'm going dark on the remake from now on. I know I've played it the original, but I want appreciate all the changes first hand when playing the game.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Probably a good idea. I just don’t have the willpower to do that!

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonett yeah me neither, i have waited long enough for this game and i'm absorbing as much about it as i can

Arugula

I wasn't going to but I decided to watch the opening scene. Apparently I'd forgotten precisely just how much this game has meant to me over the years and probably always will. Shivers, goosebumps, tears... the whole deal. Nothing like burying feelings.

Arugula

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Late but for what I dislike in FF games.
FFII: my sister overwriting my save so I restarted the game countless time, or rather every time I played it until I gave up.
FFX: I technically didn’t play but watched the entire game (very literally) get played, but random battles is the worst thing I can remember.
Crystal Chronicles: The difficulty spike(s), that got me completely stuck.
FFXV: the side quests, dear gosh. The hunting monsters is decent enough, but slams it everything else is a borderline contextless fetch quest. Get these jewels or ingredients or frogs because they might be helpful to you explained by someone plainly standing there with nothing to make it interesting.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 just one Question, with FFII do you mean the original FFII or do you mean FFIV which was known as FFII in the states?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic