Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc i'll use the Times 3 speed one when farming magic or the no encounters when i'm just looking round a place for items but i wont use the "God" mode, i think it takes all the fun out of the game

i would rather beat him with my own skills.....again

yeah i beat him back on the PS1

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

johncalmc

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, that's why I felt no shame at all using the boosters. I've "platinumed" Final Fantasy VIII about six times back on PSOne. Same with VII.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc IX might be the only one i use boosters on next time i play through it because no way in hell can you get some of those trophies without them, Excalibur II for example, getting to the last dungeon in 12 hours is impossible without cheating, even back on the PS1 you would have to "cheat" by opening the disc drive all the time to stop the clock

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho yeah it was a hell of a fight back on the PS1

JohnnyShoulder

Ok I'm a bit behind, but that FF7 Remake trailer from TGS was amazing! Shame it releases just before Cyberpunk 2077, otherwise I would definitely pre-order it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it's released over a month before Cyberpunk so surly that's enough time to get and enjoy both?

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Nah I don't want anything to get in the way of Cyberpunk, I'm quite slow at playing games normally. As good as it looks it is only a remake of a game I've previously played, albeit 20 odd years ago. I've not experienced Cyberpunk yet so am more hyped for that. I will get it just not on day 1.

@kyleforrester87 Ha Ha yeah I feel the same way about Cyberpunk!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

decided now was a good time to try and collect the character cards on FFVIII Remastered, starting with the easiest one to get, Zell's

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD honestly you should play the original before the remake because the remake is adding so much and changing things that it really is a brand new game and i think going back to the original afterwards you may be disappointed by how much smaller in scale it will be and how many less features it will have compared to the remake of course, the original is full of great content in itself

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Ralizah

@KratosMD The first FFVII:R game is supposed to encompass the entire Midgar arc of the story. Which was... the first quarter of the story in the original game, I guess. It seems like they're massively expanding this section of the story, though, and making Midgar feel like a larger and more realized place.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD the first part is just going to be in Midgar but it's been hugely expanded and should come in at about 40-50 hours worth of story

but by the looks of it they are jigging the story about a bit because judging by the trailers there are events happening in Midgar that didn't happen until later on in the original game so while it's set in Midgar there is no telling how much of the story it's covering yet

HallowMoonshadow

I think part of the reason for such a long delay @KratosMD was that they changed development with CyberConnect2 to in completely in house. Or something like that... not entirely sure

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yep they were originally working with CC2 but they eventually decided to move it in house and start again after CC2 wanted to make a lot of drastic changes to the characters including their designs but Square didn't want them too and they couldn't come to an agreement on it

as for how long the others will take well i doubt it will be that long really, i imagine they are working on the next part already and now they do have everything in place it should be a lot easier and quicker to do the upcoming chapters

but when you think about it it's not really anything new in gaming, many games have come in parts they just label them as sequels for example Mass Effect, that was one story over 3 games and took 5 years to finish their story or the original Modern Warfare story, that was also 5 years over 3 games

too many people are focusing on the word "episodic" and confusing it with games like The Walking Dead and besides the word Episodic which was mistranslated in the first place

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD they might just add it to the original release as DLC

FullbringIchigo

Square have released the OFFICIAL box art for FINAL FANTASY VII Remake, what do you think?

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

so i got back into playing FINAL FANTASY IX again (love that game) but i forgot to get the Coffee during the card game tournament so i have messed up that side quest but it got me thinking, What side quests in a FF game DIDN'T you like (P.S i actually like all the side quests in IX included the coffee one but it is annoying that you can miss so many of them if you don't get certain items at certain times)

there are a lot of side quests in FINAL FANTASY but not everyone is good for every FFVIII Triple Triad there is a FFX Chocobo Race so to speak

for me the ones that didn't quite hit home are the afore mentioned Chocobo Racing from FFX, getting a time of 0.00.00 seconds on a course with random placements of balloons (which lower your final time) and a Chocobo you can't steer properly makes it frustrating instead of fun and i am disappointed they didn't fix it in the remaster

another is Battle Square in FFVII while in theory it's not a bad one it's the bloody slot machine debuff system that lets it down and you can completely fail just because random chance took away your ability to do something also the Tower Defence mini game in VII as well, when you HAVE to do it at one point in the story i just save my money and wait for them to get to the top and then just wipe them out with my team

and just one more but the Missions from FFXIII they just wan't that fun, you have to traipse all over Pulse and just do fights and bar a few of them you don't get anything of note, nor do they give you good CP so you can't really use them to grind either (and at that point you really need to grind a lot otherwise you're not going to be able to get through the last section of the game) so they are pretty much useless

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula that it is

on a side note we also had the classic logo on a white background for XI, XII, The Collectors edition of FXIII and the standard edition of FFXIII-2 as well

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic