Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 3,696

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula i'm assuming that is just a place holder, no news on what it's final design is just yet

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula while i would love the box art to be like the original EU release in the end i'm not really fussed, i'm just happy to know the game is coming out soon

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

got back into FFVIII Remastered and got round to finally getting all the GF
Untitled

on a side note i have just 3 trophies left to get, beat 1000 enemies, Beat Omega Weapon and finish the game so the platinum is within my reach

beating Omega is going to be a major pain in the backside though, well if i use the boosters it wouldn't be but why the hell would i do that, where is the fun in beating a super boss if your pretty much invincible

the boosters should be disabled for that fight, the no encounters one is in the deep sea research center so it's not like they couldn't do it

FullbringIchigo

i love how in Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Ultima Weapon is actually holding Clouds Ultima Weapon from FFVII
Untitled

and speaking of Ultima Weapons
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

and yes i'm well aware i need to build up Quistis and Selphie but i just like the other characters more and besides their Limit Breaks are pretty crap, well Selphie has a few good ones you can use IF there is a full moon out and you have a 4 leaf clover and a lucky charm and you have performed the correct incantation while also crossing your fingers and toes while doing a lucky dance

seriously in my current play through The End has still yet to appear and Rapture only showed once, ONCE

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo ichigo thanks for all the photo shares. I may not post often in this thread yet I am always checking your screen grabs in awe. Well played mate.

As a side note Exeter (the place) is really nice. A big recommend from me.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah getting Lion Heart was as much of a pain as i remember, finding Pulse Ammo is the main issue, the easiest way to get it is ti refine it from Energy Crystals and the easiest enemy to get them from are Elvorets but they don't show up until Disc 3 after Lunatic Pandora arrives at Tears Point and the Luna Cry happens

of course you could mine Elvoret cards on disc 1 and 2 but those are a pain in the backside to get and it takes ages because you need so many to turn into an energy crystals

the only other one that's a pain is Quistis Save the Queen as you need 8 Malboro Tentacles for that and you know how hard those fights are on FF8 because it's Bad Breath attack is lethal unless you have the correct status defences, which means lots of drawing magic and junctioning involved

FullbringIchigo

they are adding Noct's original VsXIII design to Dissidia NT as an alternate costume
Untitled

personally i think this is awesome, shame they never added it to FFXV though

they also announced that The Dawn of the Future will get an English release

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

So Square Enix have released some concept art people think might be FINAL FANTASY XVI and i think it looks pretty great

Untitled

now we know Square are hiring for next gen projects AND we know the producer of FFXIV Naoki Yoshida (the guy who pretty much saved that game from the mess it was) has said he wants to make a new FF with a more Fantasy setting and NOT a MMO instead a full blown single player story driven one and that he is working on a new project

anyway what do you think, is this FFXVI or something completely different?

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo Cannot wait.

Only a few games are day 1 for me anymore. Literally enough time to play 3-4 full games a year by the looks of things going forward.

A Kojima game
Astrobot 2
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
The FF 7 remake

And

Any FF mainline entree. Every one has been fantastic. Takes me to another world.

kiki3400

@FullbringIchigo Final Fantsy is my fav franchise of all time but I have to admit to enjoying the more science-y/steampunky ones more than the fantasy settings.

I will admit after playing and loving 7&8 as a kid when 9 came out I started it it but was so disappointed with what I thought of as baby cartoonish characters and setting that I never finished it. Loved FFX, still probably my fav of the franchise, didn't play 11 as I didn't have the facility to play online at that time and hated 12 so much (mainly because they changed from turn-based battle to whatever 12 was. ) that I didn't even buy 13 (also I was busy working and living so didn't buy a ps3 until a couple of years ago mainly to play FF13). When I saw there was a 15 I was dubious but finally got round to buying it when I got my PS4 and i have to admit to loving it. I know it has structure issues and storytelling issues but I fell in love with this game.

So that long ramble was really just about me saying I kind of hope it doesn't have a fantasy theme as they have never been my fav installments. But as @themcnoisy says, regardless of what it is, FF mainline entries will always be a day one buy for me, whatever it turns out to be.

I just hope 16 doesn't take 10 years to make.

It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right.

themcnoisy

@kiki3400 mate that's on point with my thinking 7,8 10, 15 are all awesome. You would like the often maligned 13 imo. It's world design is great - very much in the mould of 7 and 8. The lack of classic FF tent poles though do ruin the experience a touch.

I don't get on with 9. For much the same reasons as you.

12 I had to play it twice to like it, yet its still not in my top 5. I've got the HD version in my collection so will see how it plays on ps4.

kiki3400

@themcnoisy I do own all of them now for the PS4. (I do still have all my original Psx and ps2 games too) My big plan was to plat 7,8,9,10,12,13 before remake came out. I have already plat'd 15 basegame which was easy, just about done 7, just got the grindy gil and lv trophies to go. Started ff8 remastered and was enjoying it but got sidetracked with MLBtheShow (don't ask, I'm disgusted with myself). I'm also halfway through 10 but doubt I'll be able to get that done as there is soooo much grinding to do in that one, and haven't even looked at 13 yet! LOL I own nine and twelve but they haven't been looked at. I think I would like the story of 12 ok, but I HATE the combat in it. It's so weird and i just press buttons and hope for the best. I do not understand the aiming mechanics in it?? if that is what all the lines are. It just completely eludes me as much as I hate to admit it. Urgh. 12 what a waste.

Edited on by kiki3400

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i love 9, i loved it when it first came out and i love it now, that PS1 trilogy is probably the best FF ever was

the PS4 port could have been better though, there are a few issues such as the lack of full 360 control, the overly large battle menu and the slight delay in the button presses (it's only a split second and doesn't affect the overall game play but it makes doing things like the skipping mini game almost impossible without having to re-learn the timings which is hard when your operating on muscle memory) but then again it is a port of the android version and not the PS1 original but it's still a fantastic game even if the original PS1 version plays a bit better than the PS4 port does

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo they did patch the large battle menu, my only gripe with the port is the 8 way movement, to the extent I can’t really enjoy playing it. The slower menus are also a bit of a pain but I can live with it.. but that movement just kills it for me.

Can always play the original on my Vita, but it doesn’t have the one great thing the PS4 version has which is lovely auto saving.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 yeah they did but it's still twice as large as it originally was

Original
Untitled

Remaster
Untitled

and yeah the 8 way movement was my main bug bare, you can get used to it but it's still a pain at times, in fact in some places i found it easier to navigate using the D-Pad instead of the Analogue Stick

as for me i have still loved playing the port but i think the next time i play through FFIX it will either be the original PS1 release or the PS3 port of it

kiki3400

@FullbringIchigo @kyleforrester87 @Arugula I have to say I cannot remember a thing about 9. At the time I was in all my teenage angsty glory and I was just disappointed with what I saw as a step back. I loved all the FF8 sexiness and 9 seemed clumsy and childish to me at the time. I am looking forward to giving it a go on the PS4 though. Everyone I now who has played FF9 has said it's great, it is universally loved. I hope I will enjoy it in my playthrough now I am (much) older and wiser.

FullbringIchigo

@kiki3400 it might look like a Disney cartoon but the themes it covers are some of the darkest in the series

it really is a game you can't judge by it's cover

FullbringIchigo

OK so this is more KINGDOM HEARTS than FF but as they sahre characters and have a connection i thought i'll post this here

The entire KINGDOM HEARTS series is coming to XBOX ONE

that's right the formally PS exclusive releases of the HD ReMixes are coming to XB1 in 2020, to be fair they should have had them before KH3 released but finally XB gamers can experience the entire series

what are you thoughts about it, are you happy that the XB finally has the entire set or is this bad that Sony lost ANOTHER set of exclusive games

FullbringIchigo

OH they also said they are working on bringing FINAL FANTASY XIV to the xbox as well

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-14-coming-to-...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic