Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 441 to 454 of 454

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I wasn't confusing it with something else then. Not a big delay though. I've learned its going to be 12 episodes so quite a long one depending on episode length.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, it's gonna be the chunkiest premiere yet (after Obi-Wan dropped its first two episodes together) but also one of the longest seasons. It should still overlap with the second season of The Bad Batch as well, although all of these recent reshuffles makes me wonder if Disney are trying to avoid too many clashes. Reportedly, this Andor delay is to give She-Hulk more breathing room.

The reason Andor looks so stunning is because it's the first Disney+ Star Wars show to film entirely on location, or on constructed sets. It doesn't use The Volume. As superb, seamless and revolutionary as that technology is, I came away thinking that parts of Obi-Wan felt constrained by it, so the opportunity to get "out and about" (so to speak) should greatly expand the visual storytelling. The show's premise is the thing I'm least excited about, but [insert usual comment about the animated Star Wars shows having covered the same ground already] and I'm always up for more detail and texture to fill in the gaps.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Something tells me Mando and Ahsoka will stick to the semi-established "between six and eight" rule, but I'd love to be proven wrong (especially since Ahsoka has so much backstory to introduce to the live-action realm). I think I read somewhere that Andor was originally written as being three seasons of ten episodes each, but then got slimmed down. I'm all for longer shows, though, especially since it's looking like The Bad Batch will be another sixteen-episode run, too. It's gonna be sweet!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I'll stop one day. Honest.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'm actually a wee bit proud of that last one because finally, after saving just shy of a thousand in-game action shots (and discarding a heck of a lot more) I got lucky and caught a bolt of lightning.

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I was really confused for about 5 seconds why Boba Fett was in Assassin’s Creed Origins 😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Given that they added that "Stormtrooper Iron Man" armour to AC: Valhalla this week, I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

Although I reckon Fennec Shand's outfit would make more sense.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Are there still plenty of people playing? I think Battlefront 2 might be the most I've ever played a competitive multiplayer. I'm hoping Battlefront 3 has been secretly worked on for a while and might get a surprise reveal soon. After a dodgy start they managed to work it into a fun game. So many new characters they could add now too.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Servers are always full. You might have a short wait to access some of the more obscure game modes, but the largest, most popular battlefronts are consistently packed with players.

Obviously yeah, I'd go nuts for a Battlefront III with heroes from the Disney+ shows (imagine playing as the Bad Batch, or Cad Bane, or Mando, or Ahsoka, or Cad Bane, or Tusken Boba, or Fennec, or Cad Bane, or Bo-Katan, or Cad Bane!) but I think they've all but confirmed that it's never gonna get made, at least not by DICE. Regardless of how incredible the game's redemption has been, I think EA are still licking their wounds from 2017, and will be way too nervous to commit for a long while yet.

Which is a shame, because Cad Bane!!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger that’s cool it’s still got a community but a shame they aren’t making a new one. I wonder what else Dice are working on as I was under the impression they were a pretty large developer.

Like you say we’ll have to hope someone else can make a successor. I’d love to see Bungie have a stab at it. Still there might be some Star Wars games being made we don’t know about. Maybe someone is making a Cad Bane game, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of him 😉

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Well, DICE have done a couple of Battlefield games alongside all the post-launch updates to Battlefront II, with the latest, Battlefield 2042, being somewhat of a disaster for them. EA have reshuffled some management positions and given the Battlefield series to a second spinoff studio, which quickly dropped the DICE name. Reading about all this, I'm reminded of the half-dozen other times big publishers have split up and then dissolved developers. DICE might not be long for this world.

Either that or, you're right, they've been secretly working on Battlefront III and we're all due a pleasant surprise come the next awards show or livestream showcase!

There are something like fifteen Star Wars games in development at the moment, scattered between a bunch of varied developers and publishers (now that EA no longer have an exclusive licence) so who knows? At least two of them are confirmed to be first-person shooters, I believe, so perhaps one of them is Battlefront III, DICE or no DICE.

As for my reaction to your last line there...

Untitled

Whatever those fifteen games turn out to be, they all should feature Cad Bane, regardless of whether it makes any sense to include him or not!

See, and this is why I'm not in charge of any Star Wars products.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I wonder if the toy line for Star Wars Jedi:Survivor has given something away about gameplay?

Untitled

Cal clearly comes with a pistol so maybe the game is going to incorporate shooter elements.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic