Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 441 to 460 of 810

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Something tells me Mando and Ahsoka will stick to the semi-established "between six and eight" rule, but I'd love to be proven wrong (especially since Ahsoka has so much backstory to introduce to the live-action realm). I think I read somewhere that Andor was originally written as being three seasons of ten episodes each, but then got slimmed down. I'm all for longer shows, though, especially since it's looking like The Bad Batch will be another sixteen-episode run, too. It's gonna be sweet!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I'll stop one day. Honest.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'm actually a wee bit proud of that last one because finally, after saving just shy of a thousand in-game action shots (and discarding a heck of a lot more) I got lucky and caught a bolt of lightning.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I was really confused for about 5 seconds why Boba Fett was in Assassin’s Creed Origins 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Given that they added that "Stormtrooper Iron Man" armour to AC: Valhalla this week, I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

Although I reckon Fennec Shand's outfit would make more sense.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Are there still plenty of people playing? I think Battlefront 2 might be the most I've ever played a competitive multiplayer. I'm hoping Battlefront 3 has been secretly worked on for a while and might get a surprise reveal soon. After a dodgy start they managed to work it into a fun game. So many new characters they could add now too.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Servers are always full. You might have a short wait to access some of the more obscure game modes, but the largest, most popular battlefronts are consistently packed with players.

Obviously yeah, I'd go nuts for a Battlefront III with heroes from the Disney+ shows (imagine playing as the Bad Batch, or Cad Bane, or Mando, or Ahsoka, or Cad Bane, or Tusken Boba, or Fennec, or Cad Bane, or Bo-Katan, or Cad Bane!) but I think they've all but confirmed that it's never gonna get made, at least not by DICE. Regardless of how incredible the game's redemption has been, I think EA are still licking their wounds from 2017, and will be way too nervous to commit for a long while yet.

Which is a shame, because Cad Bane!!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger that’s cool it’s still got a community but a shame they aren’t making a new one. I wonder what else Dice are working on as I was under the impression they were a pretty large developer.

Like you say we’ll have to hope someone else can make a successor. I’d love to see Bungie have a stab at it. Still there might be some Star Wars games being made we don’t know about. Maybe someone is making a Cad Bane game, I’m not sure if you’ve heard of him 😉

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Well, DICE have done a couple of Battlefield games alongside all the post-launch updates to Battlefront II, with the latest, Battlefield 2042, being somewhat of a disaster for them. EA have reshuffled some management positions and given the Battlefield series to a second spinoff studio, which quickly dropped the DICE name. Reading about all this, I'm reminded of the half-dozen other times big publishers have split up and then dissolved developers. DICE might not be long for this world.

Either that or, you're right, they've been secretly working on Battlefront III and we're all due a pleasant surprise come the next awards show or livestream showcase!

There are something like fifteen Star Wars games in development at the moment, scattered between a bunch of varied developers and publishers (now that EA no longer have an exclusive licence) so who knows? At least two of them are confirmed to be first-person shooters, I believe, so perhaps one of them is Battlefront III, DICE or no DICE.

As for my reaction to your last line there...

Untitled

Whatever those fifteen games turn out to be, they all should feature Cad Bane, regardless of whether it makes any sense to include him or not!

See, and this is why I'm not in charge of any Star Wars products.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

I wonder if the toy line for Star Wars Jedi:Survivor has given something away about gameplay?

Untitled

Cal clearly comes with a pistol so maybe the game is going to incorporate shooter elements.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Makes me chuckle that, out of the three trailers and other assorted headlines that dropped the other day, you singled out the most underwhelming of the bunch.

To be fair, Andor is right around the corner, which might explain why that trailer hasn't even breached two million views yet, when this...

...has reached three million, and this...

...has reached three and a half. Funnily enough, those totals reflect the ranking of my own hype!

It's also been confirmed that the second season of The Bad Batch has been delayed. It'll now be getting underway on January 4, 2023. This'll give it a clear run for fifteen weeks, which probably means we'll be seeing The Mandalorian return on May the Fourth.

Finally, there'll be new LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga character packs dropping in November, with minifigs based on Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, the LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation feature (which I still haven't watched yet), The Book of Boba Fett, and then the two we've all been waiting for, Rebels and The Clone Wars. More than enough to get me to boot up the game again and run around the hub for a couple of hours taking screencaps, at any rate.

It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I've often found my tastes to be counter to what's popular 😄. My interest seems to be the opposite order to yours.

I will get around to getting the Lego Skywalker Saga at some point, but I've been trying to stop buying any more games until I've cleared my backlog a bit more. The new Plagues Tale and GOW being exemptions so it might be while until I get it.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets It's weird, because I think this is the first time that a marker of popular opinion (the view counts on those trailers) aligns with my personal hype levels! Based on that anomaly, I think you're okay; it's the rest of the world that I'd start to worry about.

The good thing about The Skywalker Saga is that you're not at risk of accidentally seeing spoilers, given that its premise and story is such a known quantity. It'll be there for when you're ready, and I'm sure you'll love it whenever that may be. How big is your backlog? Will you be able to make space for A Plague Tale and God of War, or will they sit sealed on a shelf for a while?

@LN78 All things being equal, and after numerous delays, I'll be joining you in the 'Hot Toys / Sideshow Collectibles Boba Fett Owners Club' later on today. Squee!!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger That's excellent. Looking forward to seeing how you arrange yours. Mine is (as you've seen) rather conservative in posture.
PS Good luck with the bloody fabric Jet Pack straps. If your model is anything like mine then they're a nightmare to attach.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Thanks! I have them in hand now (it's a double-pack) so will play around with alternate poses and share the results. I have a good idea of the final pose I want to achieve, and I have hope, because it's one featured in one of the figure's official images... that being said, I can never get my figures to look as good as they do in promotional shots, so I guess we'll see what happens!

One thing I do know about it, although I'm still grateful for the warning, is that the jetpack is magnetic, as it's one of the billion Boba variants that didn't wear straps. I looked up some reviews and videos the other day, and most of the comments were saying "Thank goodness this one doesn't have straps!"

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger You're lucky in that respect - more than a few people I've spoken to about the straps gave up and resorted to a few strategically placed blobs of blu-tak instead.

LN78

RogerRoger

@LN78 Knowing how nervous I get about delicate things on display, I reckon I'd have done the same, if only to save my own fragile sanity. That being said, I also applaud Sideshow for including the straps when necessary. Their dedication to authenticity is remarkable (as is their craftsmanship).

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Certain games jump the backlog and those 2 will be played straight away. This means certain games which I'd like to play keep getting pushed back for games like those I really want to play. Plus, sometimes my mood for a certain type of game can mix things up. I won't list everything here but it's about a dozen games, some un-started (Star Wars Squadrons in that group) and a few left part-way through as something more desirable came out. A few I wonder if I'll ever actually get around to, looking at you Yakuza Kiwami and Kerbal Space Program.

Anyway, back on topic, congrats on getting your Bobba Fett. Which did you get Hot Toys or Sideshow? I've got a Sideshow Bobba Fett sitting amongst my collection of things still boxed up and packed away. Also is that OG Bobba or Book of Bobba Bobba?

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic