Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 421 to 440 of 810

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto It's a lot to binge, that's for sure! Hope you're able to enjoy the shows soon!

Reading's a weird one for me. I love the idea of it, and am surprised by how much I enjoy a good book when I'm properly underway with one, but there's a part of me which gets all, "this doesn't have moving pictures or any interactivity" and so I don't read half as much as I should.

Maybe you could take some books with you on your vacation? Might be a good opportunity!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

@RogerRoger I probably should start soon, while my memories of my Prequel Trilogy re-watch in May are still somewhat fresh in my mind. So many new shows and films to watch, but so little time...

Same here haha! I used to be a very voracious reader during my childhood, then my mom gifted me a PSOne for Christmas 1999...the rest is history lol.

One of my flights will be when I should be trying to sleep, but definitely on the flight back home.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Curse these wonderful games consoles, distracting us from our books!! And yeah, even though I know what I'm getting myself in for, I'm still dragging my heels on my Rebels re-watch. I just can't seem to surrender to what'll be a good month's worth of a single show, not when there are so many other things I'm supposed to be (and still not) watching!

In other news, there have been some early merchandise reveals at SDCC, specifically regarding Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Looks like we're gonna be fighting B-1 Battle Droids again!

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

I watched that Obi Wan the other day. I quite enjoyed it. Vader felt a lot like classic Vader rather than the bad-ass Vader we got briefly in Rogue One. I think I still prefer his brief appearance in Rogue One but I do like that we got to see an unrushed (in some ways padded out) follow up to the prequel trilogy

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Me whenever I see somebody say that they liked Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger lol that gif looks like an NSFW action that's been cropped to be SFW

(spoiler tagged so you can choose to whether to see something that you will be unable to un-see)

See ya!

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny ...does it?! Well, thank goodness I didn't use the version with dialogue, then!

Untitled

Honestly, never saw it, still can't see it, so no harm done. I guess my brain is too innocent!

@BearsEatBeets Wow, that's pretty crazy! Suppose it was only a matter of time but still, I can imagine those being pretty popular! Personally speaking, I think I'm good, though (not least because I've barely got enough room for the characters I've already got in Black Series form, not to mention the four others I've still got on pre-order). Would you ever do something like that?

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger It's possible but would greatly depend on how good the actual likeness was and maybe more importantly the cost. I'm guessing it won't be cheap. If it's reasonable I could imagine myself maybe doing an x-wing pilot, or a ghostbuster.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha I don't know if it's just the blue lighting that gives it that extra bit of er, blueness.....

See ya!

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Sorry for the delay but yeah, you make a good point about the price. I remember that there was a scheme to allow for Star Trek Online players to order a model of their customised in-game starship and I thought "should be simple enough, they're all composite parts, you'd just stick 'em together like LEGO and paint the right name on the hull" but it turned out the company wanted an obscene amount per order, and that was without any face-scanning technology or unique sculpts. Methinks you're gonna be looking at somewhere in the hundred bucks ballpark.

@ralphdibny Now you're grasping.

I mean hey, I get it, he's a very handsome chap. Just 'fess up already!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny I don't know what stings worse; that I'm finally on the receiving end of a prequel meme, or that the prequel meme in question features such a glaring grammatical error!

Either way, well played.

Also...

...this looks like it could be something really, really special.

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger haha I didn't even notice that, I was just trying to find one on Google that didn't end with "only money" 😂

See ya!

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger anywhere near 3 digits and I won’t be interested in the slightest. It’s more of a curiosity than any strong desire.
Thanks for posting the trailer, I didn’t realise there was a new one out. Despite being lukewarm on the last 2 shows I’m quite excited about this one. I’m curious which people from Rogue One are helping make it but certainly feel there seems to be a visual similarity with the film.
The idea of telling the story of trying to form a rebellion is exciting for me, I really hope they pull it off.

3 Episode launch, I wonder how many in the series? Also September? I thought it was scheduled for late August.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I wasn't confusing it with something else then. Not a big delay though. I've learned its going to be 12 episodes so quite a long one depending on episode length.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, it's gonna be the chunkiest premiere yet (after Obi-Wan dropped its first two episodes together) but also one of the longest seasons. It should still overlap with the second season of The Bad Batch as well, although all of these recent reshuffles makes me wonder if Disney are trying to avoid too many clashes. Reportedly, this Andor delay is to give She-Hulk more breathing room.

The reason Andor looks so stunning is because it's the first Disney+ Star Wars show to film entirely on location, or on constructed sets. It doesn't use The Volume. As superb, seamless and revolutionary as that technology is, I came away thinking that parts of Obi-Wan felt constrained by it, so the opportunity to get "out and about" (so to speak) should greatly expand the visual storytelling. The show's premise is the thing I'm least excited about, but [insert usual comment about the animated Star Wars shows having covered the same ground already] and I'm always up for more detail and texture to fill in the gaps.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic