Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 2,454

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I got a different vaccine for my booster on Saturday morning (it was Pfizer and my two jabs were Astra) and the doctor said that was the "optimum combination" for fighting Covid.

Although I suppose he would say that, he's not going to go "okay so this is the least effective combo against the Covid, so good luck mate"

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Yeah it would be a worry if they said "Well good luck out there with that combination!"

It reminds me, whenever I see the signs telling people not to abuse the staff at the vaccine centres, I'm always flabbergasted the lows humanity will go to. Who in their right mind starts abusing staff (some of them volunteers) just trying to help people? I just don't get it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 I know a nightclub you'd love.

Unfortunately, it's shut because of COVID.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah the same sign is in my local pharmacy. Blows my mind every time. Who's abusing medical staff?

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Voltan

I scheduled my booster shot for tomorrow afternoon. I'm getting it in the building literally next to the one I live in, cool

Voltan

Octane

Our government didn't really think boosters were a good idea until recently, so I'm not getting mine before the end of January it seems.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Very handy! Mine is only 10 mins walk from where I live, or a couple from where I work.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Need to wait until the 5th January for my booster. Bit annoying but if the side effects are as bad for me as they were after the 2nd dose then part of me’s glad it’s after Christmas at least.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I'm actually kinda counting on having similar effects as with the last two, so I can have an excuse to get home early from the family dinner (not that there's anything wrong with my family, I'm just not a huge fan of these affairs lasting for hoooouuuurs lol) To be clear, I was just feeling unusually fatigued through the next day after each shot.
Anyway, just got home after my booster shot, so far I'm feeling fine

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

Are you all doing mix-and-match boosters or going with the same one you started with? Both approaches have their proponents.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I got the other brand for the booster. Apparently they only recommend Pfizer and Moderna as the 3rd shot (not Astra).

Voltan

MatthewJP

I got all 3 Pfizer, wasn't given an option. No side effects after first one (apart from a sore arm), had to spend the next afternoon in bed after shots 2 and 3 but fine the following day

PSN: mpquikster

JohnnyShoulder

Had my booster earlier this morning. Only side effects so far is a very slight aching arm. @Th3solution First two were Pfizer and this one was Moderna, but I wasn't given a choice but I probably wouldn't have changed it anyway.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I’m a triple Pfizer recipient. Bit of a dead arm for number one and a slightly sore arm for the others 💪🏻

Thrillho

Voltan

Oh wow. I’m feeling mostly fine but I’m pretty sure the arm didn’t hurt this much last time ouch!

Voltan

MightyDemon82

It's Xmas Eve and I'm queuing for my booster. Stay safe and have a good one folks!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

No more side effects, just an aching arm which feels no worse than number 2. And I feel a bit more tired than usual, but I think that more to do with the bin men being super early for some reason.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.