Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 2,454

nessisonett

Got my booster today. Feel a bit garbage but I was like that with the other two doses. At least the nurse who gave me my jab was a guy I went to school with’s mum so had a nice wee chat!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Welp, violent shaking and chills are back. Same as the last jab. Had about 2 hours sleep. Dunno why I’m so susceptible to side effects but I guess it’s better than having actual Covid.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@nessisonett Had mine too yesterday afternoon and feel like sh-. The headache is killing me.

I haven't had covid yet, so I'm doing everything I can to keep that streak going. Taking a booster vaccin will feel like "star power activated" in a day or two now.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @Kidfried Hope you're both feeling much, much better soon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett My sister currently has covid, but she says she is OK. Sounds you would be better off with covid! Not that I would wish that on anyone.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KidRyan

I finally caught COVID for the first time ever, and it's only been a few months since I got my third shot (booster). Both home antigen test kits came back with positive results.

Wish me luck in a healthy recovery guys, I'm gonna need it.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@KidBoruto Damn that sucks. Hope you have a speedy recovery there. From what I have heard for people who are fully vaccinated its not to bad its almost just like a cold. Still though hoping for the best for you.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@KidBoruto Get well, squire with whom I share the first three letters of my username. It sucks that you got the virus even after being vaxxed thrice.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Tasuki

@Kidfried Well, you can get the virus if you are vaccinated it just won't be as severe. That's how vaccines work. That's one reason this new variant is spreading so fast is because vaccinated people think they can't be a carrier because they are vaccinated. That's why it's important to still follow the advice of wearing a face covering and maintaining a safe difference from people even when vaccinated.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Here's to a rapid recovery, buddy! Hope it doesn't hit you too severely.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

@Tasuki @Kidfried @RogerRoger Thanks guys, much love! I'm slowly getting back to full power now, just very mild cold symptoms.

I had to cancel my birthday party and a separate friend hangout sadly over it, but at least I get to stay home for my birthday week (turning 33 tomorrow), and paid to boot! Yay Covid leave lol.

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Glad you're on the mend; thanks for the update!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

It's finally found it's way into our household (my mother has it), so it's only probably a matter of time until it spreads to the rest of us. Luckily, when I spoke to her this morning she said she was feeling a bit better than she did yesterday.

We've all had the first two shots, but haven't yet been boosted.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Thrillho

@KidBoruto Good to hear you're okay and hopefully your birthday wasn't too bad!

@RR529 Fingers crossed for you. I know a few people who have had someone in the household with it but have still avoided catching it themselves so hopefully you might be the same.

Thrillho

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@KidBoruto Glad you're on the mend; thanks for the update!

Thrillho wrote:

@KidBoruto Good to hear you're okay and hopefully your birthday wasn't too bad!

My birthday was pretty great yesterday! My mom gifted me Returnal (PS5), I bought myself Rick & Morty Book Two Deluxe (comics), and then got $40 Cash + $55 Amazon gift cards from some relatives.

I'm hoping I'll be able to return to work by next Thursday fingers crossed. As much as I have enjoyed my time off from work, I do miss my co-workers.

RR529 wrote:

It's finally found it's way into our household (my mother has it), so it's only probably a matter of time until it spreads to the rest of us. Luckily, when I spoke to her this morning she said she was feeling a bit better than she did yesterday.

We've all had the first two shots, but haven't yet been boosted.

Oh no that's terrible! My heart and thoughts go to your Mom, and I hope you all get over it fast if it does spread.

RogerRoger

@RR529 Here's to your mother's speedy recovery, and I hope you're all able to stay safe.

@KidBoruto I forgot to add my belated birthday wishes the other day! Glad you were able to celebrate in some fashion, and hope you're able to enjoy some Returnal before getting back to work!

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

@KidBoruto, @RogerRoger, thanks for the well wishes.

Yeah, she's starting to feel better. She still seems to be coughing, but she doesn't have the headache she had on day one, and she's been much more willing to venture out of her room (masked, of course). When I left for work this morning she was doing work related paperwork, so she's wanting to do things.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Voltan

Aaaaand we have a new daily new cases record here in Poland. Nice.
Not.

Voltan

Th3solution

Lately I’ve been daydreaming about what life would be like today if COVID never existed.

I don’t think it’s healthy to focus on the “what if”s and “If only”’s, but i can’t help but wonder. Almost two years into this, we have come to accept it as part of life, but the ramifications of this are so far reaching that the entire lives of every person on the planet has been affected in one way or another. From the spectrum of losing a loved one, or losing one’s job, all the way to not being able to go to concerts and movies or having to search high and low for a PS5. And everything in between.

Not to mention the individual and collective mental health of society has taken a severe beating.

Our world would look completely different right now if we didn’t have this stupid bug.

Maybe someone can think of something positive that has come out of it, but I’m at a loss.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Sorry, this topic has been locked.