Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,454

nessisonett

@Jimmy_VNC82 What you’re failing to realise is that while perfectly healthy people may not die directly from the virus, it causes untold side effects and can permanently damage your lungs. Also, due to it spreading easily, each person that gets the virus could then spread it to somebody with a compromised immune system or underlying health problems. Just saying that it has a certain survival rate is completely devoid of any context. What are you saying then, we should just all run out and get the virus as it won’t kill us?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

zupertramp wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy true but I was waiting at the dentist and had nothing else to do.

Ahh... Well touché @zupertramp. Hopefully the dentist won't be as painful to experience

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@nessisonett The guy comes in here talking mad bulls**t about covid and whining that Tangerine Mussolini failed at disenfranchising enough people to rig the election, and then when someone rightly calls him a troll, the crocodile tears start flowing. Chuds really are the biggest snowflakes in the world.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Jimmy_VNC82

@nessisonett No I do get that and understand that, and those with underlying conditions should be the ones staying at home! Just as my 92 year grandmother is doing.

What I believe you're failing to realize is that not all covid deaths have been due to covid in the us and probably world wide. There have been deaths with no relation to covid and labeled as such. Do you think hospitals and insurance companies get a kick back for covid deaths during this time? You better believe they do. That's misleading and leads to where we are now. I'm honestly questioning the effectiveness of lockdowns and masks. Are you washing your cloth mask and changing it every 2 hours? Are you throwing away the disposable every time your hands touch it? No, no one is, so we're not even wearing the blessed things how they're intended in the first place. It's unfortunate that we cannot see the numbers from if there had been no lock downs...id be willing to bet the numbers would be nearly identical. Take care.

Jimmy_VNC82

PSN: ChillBuckets_4 | Twitter:

Jimmy_VNC82

@Ralizah tangarine mussolini wtf are you talking about?? "Men are tired of liberty" - mussolini

If you think that's Donald Trumps philosophy or anywhere near please watch less CNN.

Jimmy_VNC82

PSN: ChillBuckets_4 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Octane wrote:

Coffee is all over the desk, thanks for that.

At this point, that's probably the only thing I'm willing to call him that won't get me warned or banned on here.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DerMeister

I've normally avoided discussing the pandemic. It's not a fun topic at all and it gets heated as much as politics. But I feel it's worth spreading some positive news-

My state, or at least my city, has approved the vaccine. Hopefully things will start moving away from this circus act and get closer to normal.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

zupertramp

@DerMeister Understandable position. News on the vaccine front seems like good news for all. Quicker we get back to normal, quicker we can just stick to arguing over the typical bs instead of masks and lockdowns.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Th3solution

@zupertramp That’s a true point — as soon as this ends, there’ll be some other extremist firestorm to have to deal with.

The sad thing is that a common foe typically unites a society. You’d think a global pandemic would pull people together to work with one another for solutions, resolution, and the greater good, because no one actually wants the current pandemic situation to persist (well... except for maybe Amazon) But this common foe has driven even a larger wedge into society.

It doesn’t bode well for when the aliens from outer space attack.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

zupertramp

@nessisonett sounds like something out of Florida. Y'know, Man Rides to Cuba on Alligator to Circumvent Lockdown Rules or something like that. Still, quite impressive.

I am wondering though, he can't come to the island but they have "busy nightclubs"? Strange.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

nessisonett

@zupertramp The Isle of Man is a strange place regardless. I’m not surprised they have busy nightclubs because it exists in the Twilight Zone.

zupertramp

So, at the risk of being labeled a nut job, is it wrong to admit to having some reservations about taking the Covid vaccine? I'm not generally anti vax or anything. I'm up to date on my shots as are my kids (flu, hpv, you name it). And I'm not looking to get out of taking this vaccine when it becomes available but I'm not gonna lie, I have a natural mistrust of giant multinational pharmaceutical companies and the fact that we got here so quickly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Really not trying to sow doubt, just wondering if I'm alone on this.

Th3solution

@zupertramp I look at it this way — what choice do we have? Live like this another year or two while we all get comfortable with the long term safety data? Our world can’t handle another year like this. Let alone another 3-5. The healthcare system is on the verge of collapse, the economy is on thin ice, and the collective mental health of the populace is hanging on by a thread. We have no choice but to take a chance. Sign me up.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@zupertramp Basically what @Th3solution said, the government and pharmaceutical companies gain absolutely nothing from us all dying or turning into mutants from the vaccine. In fact, the most profitable path is for the vaccine to work completely as intended so that more countries buy up orders. Plus governments need us to go back to work as quickly as possible and it just makes no sense to make things worse if the vaccine is dodgy. I don’t trust governments or big pharma either, which is why I know that they have their financial interests at heart, in which case Covid going away as quickly as possible is the right move.

zupertramp

@nessisonett @Th3solution Good points. Plus it's not like I know of some previous vaccine that turned out to be unsafe so there's that too, I guess.

LieutenantFatman

Must admit, I am trying to get my head round why such a large percentage of people don't want to take a vaccine that will protect them and their loved ones from a virus that has so far killed over 1.6 million people. And the more people who take it, the safer everyone will be, I can only suppose that the amount of misinformation out there is making so many people more and more paranoid.

To clarify, this comment isn't aimed at anyone here, it's just so strange that a standard question now seems to be, "Will you take the vaccine if it's offered to you?"

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

zupertramp

@LieutenantFatmam

Edit: no worries btw. I agree it's a question that shouldn't be as common as it is.

This could be down to whether you live in the states or not, where we've witnessed a president pressure scientific organizations into saying things they didn't believe lest they lose funding for going against whatever stupid/false thing he said that week.

It's mostly that but also the mistrust of Big Pharma who didn't seem to mind getting the entire rustbelt/midwest hooked on opioids because they're either negligent or the population's health and safety isn't necessarily the top priority. Or both.

Also there's the people who don't really believe that Covid is all that serious and these are likely the same people who were staunchly anti vaxx anyway so there's that element as well, I'm sure.

Edited on by zupertramp

mookysam

@zupertramp Vaccines have extremely stringent safety checks and high standards. From my perspective I figure it’s better to have them than risk getting seriously unwell. A year ago I had meningo-encephalitis, which is rare, and I am not going down that road again as I am still dealing with the after-effects.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Sorry, this topic has been locked.