Forums

Topic: Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 164

MadchesterManc

@CanisWolfred Aye I can see Kiss X Sis being an anime to troll with from what I seen luckily I got outta dodge just in time I think before things got out of hand on it lol I tend to avoid recommendations now for anime's when possible. I tend to just read the synopsis posted up and if it sounds fun Ill give it a couple of episodes to see how it goes. Your right about Lucky Star. Its dumb. But who says dumb can't be fun? Im enjoying it to be honest, its grew on me the past couple of days. It knows exactly what it is and thats 25 minutes of dumb fun Sometimes I just wanna kick back and have a good chuckle and Konata Izumi provides plenty of that.

Sanquine You get around to trying Strike Witches over the weekend?

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

CanisWolfred
MadchesterManc

Your right about Lucky Star. Its dumb. But who says dumb can't be fun? Im enjoying it to be honest, its grew on me the past couple of days. It knows exactly what it is and thats 25 minutes of dumb fun Sometimes I just wanna kick back and have a good chuckle and Konata Izumi provides plenty of that.

I don't mind that either every once in a long while, but if I'm actually gonna invest time into a show, I need something more than that, and Lucky Star just didn't have anything else to offer. It's the reason I can't stand sitcoms in general, actually. I need more than just a steady stream of jokes to keep me coming back. I can get plenty of jokes on Youtube, after all, and it will never take up more than 25 minutes of my time. It's not like it's impossible. I can think of plenty of shows that offer plenty of comedy while also offering drama, story, action, and/or adventure. Those are just they type of shows I prefer to watch.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sanquine

@Madchestermanc  Strikewitches... Is not something i enjoy. Maybe i need to watch some more but i felt like this:
2416838878_73753019fb.jpg after seeing a little girl in shorts..

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

MadchesterManc

@Sanquine What? ah that. Yeah I noticed too. None of the Witches seem to be wearing any pants either lol Its odd I know, but I have a fairly high tolerance level so it didn't effect my enjoyment of the series so far. Plus Sakamoto Mio was enough of a distraction everytime she was onscreen I only reccomended it due to your love of ecchi and you can't get anymore ecchi that pantyshots on a regular basis. If the story isn't interesting you either then its not worth you tryng to see how it goes. I guess Ill have to rethink what anime's to reccomend in the future

Edited on by MadchesterManc

Sanquine
CanisWolfred

@Sanquine
...you've never been to a beach, have you? It's not much worse than that. I'm surprised so many people make a big deal out of it.

Uuhm i always go to the beach when the temprature hits 20 degrees celsius. Yes, i have seen enough of naked but for a ANIME right on the start is something i just hate. Futhermore, i said i try to watch more before i quit watching this anime. Don't judge please

I think you picture me like some nerd who never goes out of the house.... Well here have a pic of me and my girlfriend so you know who you are talking to Thanks

gMVKHNzzrpDyylg4YAWpOjGe7e4zWEAr5NV6UVO1Awh0YXu9JVjOFHLJdLwxwbhgwQYWMA=s114

Edited on by Sanquine

PSNid= Sanquine90

Sanquine
MadchesterManc

@Sanquine What? ah that. Yeah I noticed too. None of the Witches seem to be wearing any pants either lol Its odd I know, but I have a fairly high tolerance level so it didn't effect my enjoyment of the series so far. Plus Sakamoto Mio was enough of a distraction everytime she was onscreen I only reccomended it due to your love of ecchi and you can't get anymore ecchi that pantyshots on a regular basis. If the story isn't interesting you either then its not worth you tryng to see how it goes. I guess Ill have to rethink what anime's to reccomend in the future

Naah, i was a little bit flabbergasted.

PSNid= Sanquine90

MadchesterManc
neumaus

Does anyone here want a guest pass for Crunchyroll? I have two...guess I'll leave them here in case anyone's interested.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=HAV6NRPM3XY
http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=ER46TWSYRK4

Thanks for the sentiment I would hazard a guess they've already been snapped up by now but I use KissAnime for my anime needs and it still serves me well. Whats the guest pass for? like a free trail?

CanisWolfred

Yeah, for 2 days you get to see the latest episodes and Member-exclusive stuff. I should've used one of those when I was plowing through the Fairy Tail manga on there. I stopped using my two-week free trial after two days, and I ended up paying $12 for just a month of Anime and manga.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Epic

@neumas Took one of the codes and thanks been enjoying so far

PSN: Epic-ZX

CanisWolfred

I had started watching Reborn, but I got tired of the constant character introduction episodes by episode 7 and had to put it on hold.

Now I'm rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho and having a blast. I'm 8 episodes in and there hasn't been a dull moment despite the major fights not starting until episode 6. The writer just does a good job of keeping things interesting and intense even without fight scenes or major villains. Hell, the premise for the first 5 episodes could've made for an interesting show all on its own, but I like how its been tying into the main story so well so far. I was gonna put it down to watch some Yamato, but that's gonna be easier said than done.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BoxMonstar

Currently following Naruto Shippuuden, One Piece, Kill la Kill, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi and Shingeki no Kyojin.

Watching:
Fairy Tail

Don't really have any least favorites.

BoxMonstar

JustAnotherUser
neumaus

You're welcome Glad you used it ^^
There's still one left: http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=HAV6NRPM3XY

Awesome.
I used it up, I hope you don't mind.
And thank you very much.

I've almost finished watching a Certain Magical Index.
Enjoying it so far but I do like the side story (A Certain Scientific Railgun) more.

JustAnotherUser

Epic

After watching the One Piece film: Z, I started to watch some One Piece fights AMV, its good to see how much they've improved since the beginning, and a small reminder that Zoro might've an unlimited supply of blood. xD

NicolaHayden

Might as well join in ^^

My top anime list of all time isn't actually finished yet. I have an almost Toriko way of filling the spots when a show worthy comes along rather than the list changing as my tastes and the seasons change. My favourite animes of all time are Gundam 00, Shiki and. Basilisk.

I don't have as much time as I used to so the only shows I am watching currently are Nagi no Asakura, Kuroko's Basketball, Woozer's Hand to Mouth life, Space Dandy and Samurai Flamenco.

Games Editor - Push Square

PSN: Ukfujoshi | Twitter:

CanisWolfred
NicolaHayden

Might as well join in ^^

My top anime list of all time isn't actually finished yet. I have an almost Toriko way of filling the spots when a show worthy comes along rather than the list changing as my tastes and the seasons change. My favourite animes of all time are Gundam 00, Shiki and. Basilisk.

I don't have as much time as I used to so the only shows I am watching currently are Nagi no Asakura, Kuroko's Basketball, Woozer's Hand to Mouth life, Space Dandy and Samurai Flamenco.

Just out of curiousity, have you seen any other Gundam series?

As for me, I'm watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, a true sci-fi epic. It's a daunting series, considering its size, but its very interesting so far, and I love the tactics the commanders have been using.

I'm also following a bunch of different currently running series, and I have impressions:

Nobunaga the Fool ep. 1 & 2 - This show is really cool and over the top. Kinda reminds me of Code Geass actually with how rediculous it is. also, I love all the historical references, even though they aren't really used as anything more than a name drop.

Noragami ep. 1 & 2 - This is slowly becoming a favorite of the season for me. I dunno, it just seems to hit the right buttons without really trying too hard.

Hamatora ep. 1 - I liked this one a lot. Good humor, interesting characters, unique-ish powers. I've heard this compared to Durarara, so I'm assuming that's a really good thing.

Hozuki no Reitetsu ep. 1 - That was...oddly pleasant. The characters were likeable enough, though I don't know much about Japanese folktales and traditions, so I'm missing a lot of references. I like how the main character is kind of a stand-up guy for once, and actually solves problems instead of causing them. The comedy kept me smiling the whole time, with a few chuckles and even a laugh or two as it went on. It's not brilliant like I had hoped, but I like it none the less. I think it'll be especially refreshing coming off of the craziness of Space Dandy.

World Conquest ep. 1 - Okay, This wasn't at all what I was expecting. Like, I was expecting a group of weirdos trying to conquer the world, but I did not expect them to actually be a force to be reckoned with.
Also, the fanservice was surprisingly toned down, outfits aside. Hell, even with the outsits they never seemed to focus on them long enough to notice them when the lolis were involved, so that's good. Well, for this episode at least. Looks like they're including food innuendo the next episode (if you can call it that).

Tonari no Seki-Kun: The Master of Killing Time ep. 1 & 2 - I saw two episodes of this, and so far I like this. It's so absurd how complex his games get and how much his seat neighbor reacts to what's going on.

Wooser's Hand to Mouth Life S2 ep. 1 & 2 - Still as funny as always.

Wizard Barristars ep. 1 - This was kind of boring I guess, but it's still interesting and had a lot going on, if that makes sense. I dunno. I'll watch a few episodes and see where it goes.

Magical Warfare ep. 1 - So we have a main dude who is not frightened by a Girl with a Gun, not even when she's shooting at him, or a dude with a monster big sword, which he's able to fight off with a bamboo sword,

And he can kill a man and not even flinch or feel remorse.

Either this man has nerves of steel, or this show has poor writing. Thankfully I'm more in it for the action. Honestly, this is what I was expecting Hamatora to be...though I think I like Hamatora way more.

Buddy Complex ep. 1 - I really don't know what to make of this right now. We'll see where it goes, but it has...Time travel. That's almost never a good thing.

Witch Craft Works ep. 1 - I got desparate to pass the time and decided to watch this even though it didn't sound very good. God it made my head hurt, it was so stupid...

Just gotta get caught up with Space Dandy this week.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.