Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,716

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Although I’ve read many favorable things about both, your separate praise for each has stuck out in my mind most prominently. It’s one of those things where one can hear about a show or a game over and over, but only when a friend drops a high recommendation does it really stick. I also was nudged a little by Sony — by the PSN sale in the case of The Stanley Parable and by the 6 months of free Apple TV+ for the show.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

I traded in Tales of Arise to C.E.X for £20 and had £8 voucher for there so got Elden Ring for £10.

Also pulled the plug on Hades a week or 2 ago when it was £14.99 on sale on the ps store because I don't think it will come to ps plus anytime soon and that seemed a good price for a game that has at lest 50hours worth of content. I'll probably be wrong though and it will be on extra next month 🤣

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Whoah, that’s a great price for Elden Ring, even if £8 was through a voucher. I’ve seen it for around $40 at retail, and maybe $30 preowned online, so that’s a steal.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution yeah I got £20 for ToA which considering I paid £30 for it about 3 months ago is a good price I think, in hindsight it cost me £10 to play a 80hour game.

Eldeb ring was £38 in C.E.X so the voucher meant I just had to pay £10 so felt like a good deal. Like Ghost of Tsushima I don't see its price dropping for a while, Demon Soul's is still at £25 - £30 pre owned price and its older so I'm Happy with it

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'm glad various discounts and free trials have helped, because I could just be wrong about both things, and you might not like 'em all that much! Am obviously hoping that's not the case, though. Am honoured to be considered a friend who's worth paying attention to!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Absolutely. I think it’s a safe bet I’ll enjoy both. And for some reason I’m totally submerged in RogerRoger Recs with my recent James Bond stroll not to mention I found myself watching a couple episodes of Clone Wars this weekend. (Almost done with season 1! 😄)

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Good! Gooooood!!

Untitled

[cackling intensifies]

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

SigourneyBeaver

Waiting on Ratched & Clank A Rift Apart from Amazon. £34.99 seemed reasonable.

Sigourney Beaver.

colonelkilgore

OlliOlli World on PS5 (& PS4) and also Oceanhorn and Castlevania: Advanced Collection on PS4.

**** DLC!

CJD87

@Kairu Likewise, and THPS is absolutely immaculate. I grew up with THPS series on PS1/2, and there is an insane level of nostalgia kicking in.... especially when you hear some of those jams from the soundtrack! Good on PS+ for dishing this out, I popped a few trophies last night and updated my character's wardrobe ha

CJD87

BearsEatBeets

I purchased Two Point Campus from The Game Collection yesterday and just waiting for it to come. I've not played a sim style game in a while so looking forward to it. I think I should just have Terminator Resistance finished by the time it arrives.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@Kairu Hope you enjoy, it’s easily one my favourites from the last few years. I’ll get the platinum at some point, it’s a massive undertaking!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MightyDemon82

Guilty Gear Strive season pass 2, was a no brainer really. £5 odd just for Bridget or £19.99 for four characters as and when released plus new stages and colour selections for characters.

Had a go as Bridget, a lot of fun to play as. Approaching 300 hours in the game. Best multiplayer since Rocket League!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

I also downloaded THPS 1 + 2 over the weekend. It is alright. I was never a massive fan of the games but always dabbled with them. Can see it being a good side game to play for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Elex 2. I’ve had the first one in the backlog for years and never played it but it was half price on Amazon 🤷‍♂️

**** DLC!

Thrillho

I picked up Cyberpunk 2077 in the latest sale and I reckon that’s going to be the next one for me to get started on.

Im eyeing up Horizon as I really ought to play that at some point (especially after replaying the original game and DLC earlier this year in preparation).

Thrillho

Elodin

So I got excited when I heard that Pathfinder Wraith of the righteous was able to pre-order. Logged on my ps5 and wasn't able to. I checked my app and was able to there. Only now realizing it was the ps4 version. Hopefully if there is a ps5 version its a free upgrade otherwise I missed out.

Elodin

Ben_Rage_V2

I bought House of Ashes over the summer and man it's good. I think I am close to the end, and I have been glued to the screen the entire time. That game somehow manages to trip me up. I was suddenly attacked in the game, panicked and missed a qte. My favorite character got shot. I hope he makes it...

Ben_Rage_V2

colonelkilgore

Just picked up that Rollerdrome as it’s gone straight into the store at a decent discount.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic