Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 921 to 936 of 936

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga for £33.00. Yet to play a Lego game but have only heard good things.

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

velio84

Dark Souls 2 with dlcs and what not. Doubt I'll boot it up soon, but for 5 euros, why pass?

psn: chilliesandbeer

colonelkilgore

@velio84 that’s a helluva bargain… and that’s a ton of content! Also, it’s the one Souls game that gets some shade… and ‘probably’ is my least favourite if I’m honest, but I still loved the game and have some great memories of it. It has a very different ‘feel’ to Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 but is a nice change up in the formula.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

velio84

@colonelkilgore I've read that it's a bit different than the rest, but whenever I boot it I'll go with an open mind. I've only played Dark Souls 3, so have no experience with 1 and think that might help with the matter. What I've seen on youtube regarding DS2 seems good for me, so we'll see how it goes when I get to it.
Truth be told, I fell off a bunch of games after finishing Elden Ring and starting GT7 and I am itching to maybe start a souls game again. Was thinking DS3 playthrough, but saw this on the current PSN sale so might go with it after I finish Uncharted 4 currently.

colonelkilgore

@velio84 just a pre-warning, it can feel a bit weird initially… there’s actually a skill that relates to dodge-rolling and until it’s up at about 22, the dodge roll just feels… off. Think the skill is called Adaptability or something, so keep that in mind.

Also, try and stick with it through the initial struggle… as the three dlc’s are some of the best ever.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

velio84

@colonelkilgore Cheers for the tips! I'll keep them in mind once I start it.

JudgeDredd

After looking through all the new sales I picked out Röki and Lake. Actually Lake is the PS4 version because the PS5 version is not on sale even though the 4 upgrades to the 5 for free ..... yeah, I don't get it either.

JudgeDredd

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Blimey, you got LEGO Star Wars for a bargain! Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger cheers bud, yeah couldn’t turn my nose up at that price… and what with God of War: Ragnarok’s release being up in the air atm, I might just end up with a bit more time in the schedule. So I might actually play this purchase sooner rather than later.

MaulTsir

Cyberpunk 2077 for £19.99 I think it's finally Time I've give this ago, and for that price it seems like its not to much of a dent if I don't get on with it.

My main concern isn't the bugs and drama that surrounded the actual game but the game its self, I rarely enjoy 1st person games unless there full on shooters, CoD, Doom ect. Although I have loved every Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind on PC a lot of years ago so here's hoping 🙏

MaulTsir

KilloWertz

@MaulTsir For what it's worth, I loved Cyberpunk 2077 when I played it a month or two ago. Since it's an RPG, I'd consider it more like Fallout than a full-on shooter. They really nailed the world and I really liked a fair amount of the characters. I hope you enjoy it.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz

JohnnyShoulder

@MaulTsir People make the mistake of comparing in to GTA, but to me in a way it felt like a sci-fi Skyrim set in a futuristic city. Fingers crossed it clicks with you.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JudgeDredd

Alba A Wildlife Adventure

Had my eye on it for a while and looks like a nice break from the murderous antics of most games.

JudgeDredd

render

@JudgeDredd I played it with the kids a while back and we really enjoyed it. There was no murdering so to speak of, well not in the game anyway.

render

RogerRoger

Topped up my PSN wallet in preparation for Sonic Origins on Thursday, and randomly stuck my head in several of the Store's tabs.

Ended up buying and downloading early PS4 room-full-of-old-things simulator Adam's Venture: Origins, literal blast from the past Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour, surprise PS5 sequel Submerged: Hidden Depths, and the new cartoon adventure Zorro: The Chronicles.

Between all of those and a Syphon Filter trophy list coming later in the week, methinks I'll be able to keep myself nice an' distracted for a while.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Sorry for the double post, but I got Sonic Origins this morning, as planned.

I hate the PS5's Store interface. It hid the Deluxe Edition away in a three-dot dropdown menu, rather than listing it as a separate game. I figured that it must've been pre-order only, so purchased the base game and then manually added the extra DLC once it had finished installing. Only noticed the other option when it was too late. That's two quid I'll never get back!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic