Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,721

colonelkilgore

Had a bit of a splurge this morning. Picked up Spiritfarer, Prison Architect, Clid: the Snail, Earth’s Dawn and The Sinking City (already had the PS4 version but the PS5 version was on sale).

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

Payday tomorrow, so I went on a bit of a spending spree. Picked up Hot Wheels Unleashed, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition and Bright Memory: Infinite.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King - haven’t really heard anything about this but… looks like a souls-like… 60% off on the new PSN store sale… 🤔… 😏… yoink!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Elodin

Started FF7 remake Intigrade. Enjoying it so far. I'm going in not expecting the same story and forgot enough that I hopefully won't spot the differences.

Elodin

Thrillho

Elodin wrote:

I hopefully won't spot the differences.

Oh, you really will

Thrillho

Voltan

Oh yeah, it didn't bother me one bit personally but there were definitely times when I was like "this was definitely not a thing", even though I only played the original when it came out.
Great game.

Voltan

Thrillho

I just picked up Jurassic World Evolution 2 in the sale, along with Biomutant. The upgrade for the latter is out in the next month or so and it was always a game I’d been interested in so I don’t mind dropping a few pounds on it, despite how it reviewed.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Would be interested in your Biomutant thoughts. I very nearly added that to my basket recently as well, but chickened out at the last minute. A good endorsement would restore my confidence.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Elodin

Looking at the current sale, I'm thinking of picking up one of two. dungeon of naheulbeuk or spellforce 3. Any one play either of these? Both isometric rpgs but spellforce has a bit of rts. I'm still working on FF7 remake but these both caught my eye. I just need help being pushed to buy one over the other.

Elodin

Bentleyma

I picked up Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection. I downloaded the PlayStation Plus trial with the intention of just using it to quickly unlock the PS5 trophies, but I ended up buying it because I forgot how good those games are.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Elodin

Picked up dungeon of Naheulbeuk on sale. A fun indie so far. I'd compare it to a more slapstick, slightly less polished Divinity original sin. I was pleasantly surprised that Felicia Day voices the wizard. Jury is out if it will maintain the fun factor, but so far quite enjoyable.

Elodin

Voltan

@Bentleyma Play with headphones (and 3D audio on) if you can. Arguably the best usage of the Tempest engine yet, IMO.

Voltan

Th3solution

I finally pulled the trigger on The Stanley Parable. It’ll drop straight into the backlog for a while, but the nice discount price was too good to pass up right now. I actually might play it sooner rather than later as it’s been on my mind. I’ve never played it, but I watched the first episode of Severence last night and it was a really weird (in a good way) experience and for some reason it seemed maybe a similar vibe…? 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I added this to my wishlist when it released… and the current sale price is appealing. I know next to nothing about it apart from the glowing praise heaped upon it, so I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts once you finally make a start on it.

The missus and I also started Severence a couple of months back. I was enjoying it but my partner just wasn’t feeling it and we moved on to something else. Hope to return to it though.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I gather it’s somewhat of a cult classic in the PC world, so being an exclusive console guy I’m curious to try it and see if it holds up. I like to mix in artsy, quirky, indie-style, philosophical games between my pew-pew kablooey shoot ‘em and save the world narrative driven games. I think I ended up paying $18 after taxes, so it was worth a stab.

I’m neck deep in Guardians of the Galaxy and Immortals and still have BioShock 2 that I need to finish, so I’m on the verge of overextension right now. But I’ll definitely post impressions when I get to it.

And yeah — The first 20 minutes of Severence I was thinking to myself “what on earth is this?” It is so strange. When it finally revealed what the “Severance” was then the concept started to interest me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I can't think of a better game to play alongside Severance, and I thoroughly hope that you enjoy both. There isn't really much crossover between the two, but then they're also frighteningly alike in so many ways, even though they're completely different from one another, even when they're not. It's a weird thing to convey, but then so is Severance, and so is The Stanley Parable, so, um... yeah. That.

@colonelkilgore Know that, as somebody who was lukewarm towards Severance for its first couple of episodes, I was hooked by the finale, and not just in a "hey, this is cool" kinda way. I seriously believe that it's one of the greatest television shows ever created. Hope you can see it through someday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger that is some recommendation buddy… fair play I was always planning on getting back into it but it’s definitely now at the forefront of my mind. Might take a fair bit of arm-twisting in regards to the missus but I reckon I can get her there (might just take an added Chinese-burn to the wrist once I get her arm twisted behind her back… never fails 😉).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Hey, it's a great show an' all, but please don't assault your wife!!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic