Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,716

SigourneyBeaver

My latest PS5 purchase is... a PS5!!! It was worth the wait!

Sigourney Beaver.

sorteddan

@SigourneyBeaver
Welcome to the current gen. Hope it meets your expectations. Make sure you don't skip on Astros game... It's charmingly awesome.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

SigourneyBeaver

@sorteddan It's the first game I played and it shows off the Dualsense really well. I also have GT7, so I'll be giving that a go soon.

Sigourney Beaver.

sorteddan

@SigourneyBeaver
GT7 is also a great game, I start many days grinding some more credits for the pile on there. There is a dedicated thread on here if you haven't checked it out yet, you can go find a bunch of people to add so that you have a bunch of times to aim for on licenses or look to for advice if you need it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@SigourneyBeaver Nice forum name! 😂 Welcome to next gen, hope you enjoy your new console! What platform did you game on before?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@SigourneyBeaver Hey nice name, and great job on getting the PS5. Good choice of game getting GT7 too. As @sorteddan said there's a dedicated GT7 thread and when you get into it more you might be interested in the fastest lap competition I've been running on there. It's open to anyone so don't worry about not being super quick as it's all just for fun anyway 😀

render

colonelkilgore

Well, after over 2 months of waiting as well as a merchant cancelling my original order without any notification… I finally received a copy of Necromunda: Hired Gun. Good job I’m not in any real rush to play it.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Though not technically a purchase... Turns out Riddled Corpses Ex now has a PS5 version with free upgrade for PS4 owners... And with an entirely separate trophy list it looks like this is another for my backloggery. Quite enjoyed it last time, hopefully I will do so again.

R1spam

I just picked up the vengeance edition of sifu. Excited to age, going through the same areas again and again, just like real life!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

BearsEatBeets

I got my Terminator: Resistance copy in the post today. It dropped to £20 on Amazon which was an amount that made me want to give it a go. There seems to be a fair amount of consensus if you like the movies there is fun to be had and I'm a fan of the two film franchise😏.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets That's about what I paid for Terminator: Resistance Enhanced as well, and I didn't regret my purchase one bit. One heck of an enjoyable game.

And that's coming from somebody who's definitely seen more than two Terminator movies!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

I’ve become very partial to a steel book of late, so I’m trying to up my steel book game right now. Just pre-ordered the Saints Row Notorious Edition just for the steel book… I do like the old games (well 2 & 3 anyway) but I think that I might already have developed a problem 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore The irony is that a lot of the special editions with a steelbook don’t actually have a disc included, rather a digital code. I think I read an explanation as to why that is, but I can’t remember why. Maybe because they have to sell the collector editions before the game goes gold? I don’t know.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah, I was aware of that on the GoW: Ragnarok and Horizon Forbidden West special editions. You could be right… though I had heard that it was to do with the fact that they have released a digital only PS5 and still wanted to provide owners of which with the opportunity to get the special editions. Maybe it’s both reasons.

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution I imagine it's both those things and the fact that they'd have to make separate editions for PS4 and PS5, since the upgrade isn't free.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Oh, right. In the case of Ragnarok the upgrade isn’t free like HFW.

Incidentally, a strange phenomenon has occurred when I was pricing HFW — the PS4 disc is selling for more than the PS5 disc in the second hand market. Same thing happened with Miles Morales I think. I suppose most people want the flexibility of having both versions with the PS4 disc, so demand for it is higher. It’s just interesting to me because when purchase new, the PS5 disc is $10 more, but when the game is pre-owned the opposite occurs.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Horizon's upgrade wasn't going to be free either when they announced its collector's editions (they changed that because people dug up an older post that promised free upgrades for some games, including HFW) so it was probably the same case.
On the other hand, Sackboy had a free upgrade and the collector's edition was PS4 only.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yep I've noticed that too. I'm assuming it is because the PS5 versions are more popular for those versions, so therefore more are traded in and bump the 2nd hand price down.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic