Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 861 to 880 of 944

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I was, yeah, although the previous cinematic trailers and lengthy gameplay demo had already made me playing it a case of "when" and not "if". It's impressed me from the start (far more than Suicide Squad, which I have less than zero interest in).

WB Games Montréal made my favourite Arkham game, as well as the best DLC for Arkham Knight, so they've earned enough trust for me to take the risk. What about you? Reckon you'll play it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JudgeDredd

Life is Strange True Colours

Been having trouble sticking with anything at all lately. It's a downside following enjoying something immensely, in this case Tales of Arise. So hopefully I get sucked into this having previously enjoyed prior games in the series.

JudgeDredd

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I've only seen bits of the latest gameplay trailer, but nothing I've seen so far of the game has me interested to play it, I'm sorry to say. Think my main problem is that I'm not that interested in any of the main heroes that you play as. I like the Court of Owls graphic novels, so there is that, but it depends on how prominent it is in the game.

And hey, who knows I may warm to it the more I see of it and the closer it gets to release. But it does have a lot to do to win me over.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That's understandable. It definitely helps that, despite being a fan of Batman himself, I actually prefer some members of the extended Bat Family, so getting a game entirely focused on them is a dream come true for me personally. That being said, I think we'd all be very naïve to think that Batman's really dead, and that he's not gonna end up being a major twist in the tale!

I'll try and remember to tag you with some spoiler-free thoughts at launch, if you think it'll help?

But hey, if nothing else, this whole experience has taught me what a "transmog" is. Some are included as bonuses in the Deluxe Edition and I had to Google the term in order to know what I was paying for! Pretty sure that wasn't one of the made-up words included in PlayStation's new lexicon!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I was really impressed with what I saw of Gotham Knights also. I don’t think I’ll pre-order, but I’ve got it on my watchlist now. I think I’ll probably fire up Arkham Knight at some point, in a similar experiment to what you’ve just done to gauge current personal interest. However, my recent (and current NG+) playthrough of Miles Morales will push any superhero game back a couple months so as to avoid over-saturation of my game-time with too many similar styled adventures. Especially since the Insomniac Spider-Man games lifted a lot of the Arkham game mechanics. (Or maybe better said, “were inspired by” the Arkham mechanics 😄)

Still, if you’re really impressed with GK and it reviews well, then I might forego any preludes to just jumping straight in. Although, is there going to be narrative threads that require knowledge of what happens in Akrham Knight, do you think? Perhaps that’s an unfair question which makes it hard to not spoil the game. The fact that Batman is “dead” in GK could be a spoiler for the ending of AK… 😬? Sheesh, I just need to go back and finish AK. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin for £34.99. Probably won’t play it for a while like but I got a feeling that I’ll really like it once I do.

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

colonelkilgore

@Voltan 🤣 yeah I remember it got some shade for shoddy and cheesey storytelling… but it looks like it plays really well and that’s all I care about personally. You thought it fairly decent iirc.

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I liked it a lot because it's just fun to play - and the story is better than it might initially seem, it's just told in an unusual way
The platinum is a little grindy but not too hard.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Gotham Knights isn't part of the same universe as the Batman Arkham games. Suicide Squad is though....

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah transmog confused the hell outta me too. I thought it was some weird cat thing. Which is way more interesting than what it actually is.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, I see. That’s confusing. Especially since the two games were announced basically side-by-side and seemed to be co-promoted. But I clearly wasn’t paying attention. 😅

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yeah, Johnny's dead on, Gotham Knights is not an Arkham game. Don't worry, that point in particular has confused a lot of people, alongside the whole co-op and game structure thing. I reckon the trailers and marketing should've made the distinction much, much clearer.

The developers are happy to answer individual tweets with clear answers, but the wider press doesn't seem to wanna report them, which I find a little odd.

All that being said, of course, I don't think it'd hurt if you were able to squeeze in Arkham Knight, just in case there are twists or references we can't predict. I do understand your hesitance though, what with you uncharacteristically attempting a NG+ run of Miles Morales at the moment. Despite the vast tonal differences between the two games, there's only so much punch-counter-punch one can take! Although there's much more variety in the pacing of Arkham Knight, thanks to the Batmobile.

@JohnnyShoulder I agree! More games need cat DLC. That being said, the ability to swap everybody out for cel-shaded comic book character models does hold some appeal. I'll probably get more use out of 'em than I will the other in-game bonus nonsense, like extra XP and currency and whatnot.

Making It So Since 1987

JudgeDredd

Sniper Elite 5.

As a longtime series fan this was an easy buy.

JudgeDredd

render

@JudgeDredd Nice. I'm a big fan of the series too so will definitely be getting this. Especially if you can shoot you know who in the you know where(s)!

render

colonelkilgore

Just managed to snag a copy of Ghostwire Tokyo (with a steel poster 🤔) for £32.99.

JudgeDredd

@colonelkilgore I just bought it too. Had my eye on it prior to release and couldn't resist at half price.

JudgeDredd

colonelkilgore

@JudgeDredd yeah the fact that it’s still pretty new at that price you just can’t say no. Looks like a supernatural Japanese Farcry game to me… and that suits me just fine.

It’ll be a while until I get to it, so let me know how you get on 👊

DualSense

Picked up the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection for PS5 from Argos for a princely £22. Also snuck the Uncharted : Nathan Drake Collection for PS4 into my basked as it was a mere £10. Looking forward to playing through the whole uncharted saga.

Edited on by DualSense

DualSense

Twitter:

Lavalera

@JudgeDredd @colonelkilgore hope you guys like it. It's one of those love it or hate it games. For me it's one of my favorite games of the year until now. Just the mythical atmosphere in Shibuya alone made it worth it for me.

PSNid: Lavalera

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic