Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,692

nessisonett

@themcnoisy That might explain why I beat it so quickly actually. Couldn’t be bothered going for the platinum so rushed the game as much as possible. Didn’t realise enemies and stuff unlocked.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gladio

I went to sell a few Switch games I didn't like or haven't played in years and used the money to buy a few things:

• Demon's Souls
  • Returnal
  • Kena Bridge of Spirits
  • Deathloop
  • Sackboy a big adventure

Gladio

Gladio

@Voltan I hope so!
Full disclosure: I previously had Demon's Soyls and Returnal, but gave up because of how difficult they are. But hey! Maybe I have to change the way I react to faillure? I don't know.

Gladio

Voltan

@Gladio Oh, I hope you have a better time with them this time around then. Kena also has some tough boss fights but it does have a difficulty setting if you need it

Voltan

themcnoisy

@Gladio great set of games. Sackboy is great, not for everyone but hitting up the very last levels is really rewarding.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@nessisonett yeah, when you have this swarming bat things in room 2 followed by dragons with the shield things in room 3 accompanied by 30 mates things get hairy ROFL.

After switching it was a lot easier. Biome 2 is very easy on a quick run, hardly any baddies other than the odd big guy you can ping from a distance. B3 was tough but nothing compared to a B1 run on my previous save.

I may go for it again on my main account later actually. Knowing what I know now will probably make me ease up with less frustration, take every room slowly. Maybe set a couple of hours aside for one clean run (and then get anihilated 4 minutes in). The only benefits for taking it slowly are unlocking additional bonuses but these are massively offset by the negatives you pick up.

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore sweet you host it mate. See you at 9:30pm!

InvaderJim

Evil Genius 2, found it for less than £30 with free delivery, I did enjoy the 1st game way back in 2004. If I don't like it then its off to CEX it goes.

InvaderJim

Thrillho

@InvaderJim It looks like the kind of game I’d enjoy so let me know your thoughts! Sammy’s review seemed pretty favourable.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Caved because its Black Friday price was still holding (seriously, how long has this "day" become?!) and ordered a physical copy of Terminator: Resistance Enhanced from Amazon. Won't start it right away, but will fold it into my holiday line-up, whilst the desire to try it is still fresh.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

After not even realising it existed, and then seeing its cover on a random wander through the Amazon (website, not rainforest) and getting curious, I've just ordered Spirit of the North: Enhanced Edition. It looks like the perfect game for the holiday season, as well as a nice way to offset the inevitable barrage of noise and muzzle flash Terminator will shortly be subjecting me to.

From what little I've seen of it (as I stopped looking up details when I realised I wanted it), the game might have a similar vibe to The Pathless, which @JohnnyShoulder has tempted me into nearly getting on several occasions. I think it's combat-free, though, so it might be even more chill.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Vivi-Gamer

Got a few decent games via BF sales:
Death Stranding
Guardians of the Galaxy
Scarlet Nexus
(I also know I will soon be getting Life Is Strange: True Colours this month!)

Vivi-Gamer

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think that is on my ever growing wishlist. There is also the recently released Solar Ash which is also similary combat light but a bit more intense in regards to platforming.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I've heard the name Solar Ash bandied about, but haven't stopped to watch a trailer or read anything about it, so I'm grateful for the heads-up. If you get to it before I do, I'd love to see your thoughts, and I'll try and remember to tag you with mine regarding Spirit of the North.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Here you go buddy. It is quite a drastic change art style to the other games and I seen it be compared to Shadow of the Colossus in places.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

Grabbed Heavenly Bodies to play coop with the wife. It’s quite fun although the review was right when it stated it would be frustrating to start with. We did two of the missions and just about started to get the hang of it.

render

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Ah, thanks! That's a very cool trailer, and can see what you mean about it being a little more intense than the others, as well as that Shadow of the Colossus vibe. Looks real interesting, though! It's good to put some gameplay to the name. Will keep it in mind, cheers!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Kena…, Psychonauts 2 and Chicory in the new sale.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic