Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,716

hypnotoad

House Of Ashes.
This came to my attention only recently so I've only just ordered it.

Looks a bit like Until Dawn so that'll do me, boy !

hypnotoad

colonelkilgore

Just snagged Resident Evil Village for £30 off of Amazon. I’m planning on going through the whole series at some point, so I won’t be playing this for a long while yet… but it’ll be ready to go as and when.

**** DLC!

MichaelMashpotato

I just got in F.I.S.T from Play Asia and a game called Ultra Age too. F.I.S.T is next on my radar

MichaelMashpotato

Bentleyma

@Miketimothy820 F.I.S.T. is awesome. I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it turned out to be. I enjoyed the Ultra Age Demo enough to buy the full game, but I haven’t gotten round to it yet.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Just pre-ordered Death’s Door… I never really pre-order anything but I’d been keeping an eye on Titan Souls for a sale price for a while, so the fact that you get that for free with a pre-order sealed the deal.

I also picked up Guacamelee 1 & 2 in the November sale on PS4.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
In my opinion you should try to make time to bump guacamelee up in your schedule, I have only good memories of it. It's the game that made me realise I liked metroidvania as a genre after I stumbled upon it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

@Sorteddan @colonelkilgore Guacamelee is a perfect execution of what it wants to be IMO. Style, humor and gameplay are all just spot on.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan I very nearly started it today as it goes… but the sensible part of me prevailed and I’ve returned to Metal Gear Solid 2 to chip away at the VR missions.

In regards to metroidvanias, I’ve only ever tried Hollow Knight, which was a few years ago now… and i just didn’t click with it. I mentioned on Push Square that in the interest of keeping things fresh (and just seeing more and more ‘relevance’ to the genre) that I wanted to give mv’s another go. I bought like 6 or 7 of them, including Symphony of the Night but quite a few people (sorry guys, I can’t remember who specifically) suggested that Guacamelee as the perfect gateway-drug.

I’m definitely gonna ‘try’ and play it before the end of the year… and then depending on how I find it, I’ll look to slot in another two or three in 2022.

Edit. @Voltan in fact I think you were one of its supporters, when I posed the question a month or so back 👍

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore The Guacamelee games are great fun and the combat challenges in the first game are indeed good challenges.

I think I said before, the only reason I never platinumed them was because of needing to replay the game on hard but after doing everything else on normal difficulty, I’d had enough of the game by then.

But brilliant art style, combat, and platforming. Fun stories too.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho 👍 and you were definitely one of the others who suggested it.

I'll be sure to let you all know how I find it.

**** DLC!

R1spam

@colonelkilgore would be interested in your thoughts on deaths door when you get round to it. It really looks like it's up my street and nearly bought on xbox already but have held off to see whether it would get a switch port or gamepass release.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Voltan

@R1spam For some reason I thought it was on Game Pass. Probably because it seems like the main way to release these smaller games on Xbox these days.

Then again it seems like Devolver is mostly staying away from it for now.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah I was surprised to hear it didn't release on Gamepass. I'd be interested to find out how it sold as a result (what with the significantly smaller percentage of game sales on xbox since Gamepass).

@R1spam I'll be sure to let you know... looks fantastic from the vids I've watched.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Told ya Deaths Door would come to PS eventually.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I wasn’t doubting, just trying to throw Xbox a bone if anything. I am surprised by how quickly it’s coming over though, what is it like 3 months?

**** DLC!

Voltan

@colonelkilgore 4 months by the time it's out on PS - but yeah, that's still pretty quick

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah it is quick for these sort of things as the shortest I've known it is 6 months.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@Voltan @JohnnyShoulder apparently a number of the Xbox timed exclusives are under 6 months this gen… I’ve heard Stalker will only be 3-6 months also.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah I think that has already been confirmed when it is coming to PS. Can't remember the exact date off the top of my head though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic