Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 341 to 360 of 1,692

KilloWertz

@Voltan Accepted. We'll see how long it lasts....

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan I thought they were good games but nothing outstanding or anything like that. I have zero plans on getting the remastered trilogy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I definitely wouldn't say there was anything wrong with ME when I played it. I enjoyed it for a while but then just kinda lost interest, I guess. The same thing happened to me with Dragon Age: Inquisition and a few others. Just a "me vs RPGs" thing

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Doesn’t bode well for you with the upcoming remake of BioWare’s opus Knights of the Old Republic. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Never played the original but I wanna try it. Being set in a familiar universe could help, I like Star Wars in general

Voltan

Cookyman1970

Been playing Diablo II Resurrected today - It looks alright but not gripping me yet but I only had a quick go. I'll give you all proper impressions once I get a chance to have a more lengthy session with it.

Edited on by Cookyman1970

Cookyman1970

hypnotoad

Alan Wake and Back 4 Blood.

hypnotoad

Th3solution

Had a moment of weakness and added to my already overflowing backlog. But I had some store credit so I bought The Pathless for $25. Felt like a good deal.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

michaelpohara

velio84 wrote:

Had to go to the mall today for something and passed by the gameshop there. Left with Deathloop…

My wife bought me a copy as well today. Will probably start playing it tomorrow or Monday.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

PSN: MikeOHara

Thrillho

The DC upgrade for Death Stranding.

I got the base game ages ago in a sale and have never got round to starting it. I still know next to nothing about the game so will hopefully play it at some point now!

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho I finally got around to doing the upgrade too and have had a brief look around to see how it handles on the PS5. So far I'm really impressed. Generally people seem to either love or hate DS so hopefully you'll be in the former group. The story is completely crazy and the world is beautiful, plus the unique gameplay elements kept me playing this way longer than I would most games.

render

KilloWertz

Death Stranding Director's Cut. Never played it on the PS4, but decided to use some Sony Rewards points and get it for the PS5. I'll probably end up being glad I waited to finally play it (whenever that ends up being).

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Definitely drop your impressions when you do get around to playing it. It’s one of my favorites on the PS4 and the DC is surely even better. It’s quite unique though and not everyone gets into it.

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Yeah, that's why I never played it on PS4. I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it since there's a lot of walking around, but I finally figured I might as well give it a shot with the Director's Cut. In a way, it's free anyways with the Rewards points.

It might be a little while before I actually play it since I have some other games lined up for next month, but I'll remember to do so when the time comes.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz If you like MGS and Kojima’s other work, you’ll probably like it. Yeah, there’s a lot of “walking” but the whole “walking sim” label on it is an enormous over-simplification. I know a lot of that label is said tongue-in-cheek, but people who haven’t actually played a real walking sim like Gone Home or Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture might call this a walking or hiking sim, but it’s much more complex than that. I just played Dear Esther and that’s a true walking sim —You push the analog stick to walk and don’t interact with anything and the game tells you a story while you look at the scenery. Death Stranding on the other hand has varied combat, construction aspects, strategy, stealth sections, social online interaction, story cut scenes, vehicles and other forms of traversal, and resource management.

I have a stupid question but - How do you get the Rewards points? That sounds like a great deal to get the game for free!

TraCuz-

@Th3solution The Pathless for $25 is definitely a good deal, I bought at launch and have no regrets.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Metal Gear Solid 4 may be my favorite game of all time (or pretty close to it), so I guess so, even though I was slightly disappointed by 5.

Sony Rewards is only in the U.S. I believe.

kurcxa

@andreoni79 good choice

Get PS5 free For october 2021: https://bit.ly/PS5-for-free23123

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Cost me 30 quid using the Shopto method of getting 35 quid of PSN store credit.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Couldn’t resist getting Resi Village in that sale. Ridiculous price for a big PS5 game already.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic