Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,737

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah the playing of Crisis Core (or lack there of) was probably the deciding factor in not starting FFVII Rebirth on its release for me too tbh.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Although I had a PSP, I never got around to playing the original Crisis Core. The Reunion remake is supposedly really well done, whilst it also keeps the original story intact, as far as I know.

I suspect that the majority of those playing Rebirth never played Crisis Core, but I’m hearing that it does give some nice context and although not critically necessary, it does enhance the plot.

After I finish off FF16 (it’s gotta be soon now) I’ll probably want to take a Final Fantasy sabbatical for a while anyways. But I felt safe in grabbing Crisis Core because I get the feeling it’s not going to drop in price or turn up on PS+, because if it was, it would have been the perfect time to do it in the last couple months leading up to Rebirth.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CaptD

@Th3solution Nice. It doesn't seem so pricey this side of the pond (in the UK) so I might be tempted to pick it up as well. I did enjoy the remake and I have no clue who that random dude who just turned up is.

CaptD

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm hoping you just did some kind of reverse jinx, and it will be announced for PS+ fairly soon! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@CaptD Yeah, the original Crisis Core came out well after FF7 (2008, vs FF7 which came in 1997), so wasn’t crucial to the overall FF7 story, necessarily, but they are going a different direction with the Remake/Rebirth and it looks like knowing the Zack storyline is more important now.

The digital PS store price has been locked at $50 for a while, and it did go on sale once or twice for $30, but otherwise has been remarkably steady, held at full price. The kicker though is that having the physical copy will give me the option to sell it back if I want, and can recoup probably at least $15.

@JohnnyShoulder I probably did! I’ve offered my sacrifice at the gaming gods’ alter so that the rest of you may benefit. 😂

Actually, I doubt it though, because the game is offered for a 2-hr trial on PS+ Premium with an expiration date of Nov. 2, 2024. (Weird how they specified that date so far in advance. A lot of the game trials don’t show what date they expire). I would suspect it’s not going to another PS+ level before then, if that’s the contracted timeline.

So I should be safe. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Ah, I didn't realise that the premium trials are an indication of when/if games appear on the other levels of PS Plus.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Well, I’m not really sure either, but I just reckon they have some method to their madness so as to not cannibalize their own PS+ tiers, but I could be completely wrong.

I’ve seen several times where Extra games become Essential games, and even vice versa where prior Essential games are now Extra catalog games. I’ve not noticed an instance of a Premium game trial game becoming an Extra or Essential game, but I’ve honestly not really paid much attention until this one.

colonelkilgore

@Bundersvessel that’s a bargain right there. I picked a copy up around 6 months ago… but for a fair deal more than that in fairness 👍

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Bundersvessel Wow, that’s a solid deal. Converts to about $28. Even on eBay over here they are going for around $45 (£35), so I was thrilled to find one at $30. The PS4 version seems to be going for cheaper on eBay, but I wanted the full PS5 experience. 😄

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons Remake, so that’s something for @mrskilgore to look forward too then… 😬

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Did you play the original version, on PS3 or PS4?

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution no, we did play A Way Out and The Two of Us together but this’ll be our first playthrough of Brothers…. I’ve heard a few people say that it’s actually Hazelight’s best game though, so definitely looking forward to it.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore It's good but It Takes Two is definitely their best game, that is my opinion but also the general populous (I've done a poll).
I didn't think the game was coop but apparently that is one of the additions in the remake....which is nice.

Anyway enjoy.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD oh so the original wasn’t co-op… surprising given Hazelight’s reson d’etre.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Yes, actually the original was single player only, and the Push Square review mentions that the remake’s added co-op mode actually makes the game worse. 😬

And I can see why — the charm of the first game is largely due to the really unique way that you control both characters yourself simultaneously. One brother with the right analog and another brother with the left. It’s a really interesting and fun mechanic.

But I know couples that play together stay together, so check with the Mrs, before you lock her out. 😅

N1ghtW1ng

I recently purchased the PS4 version of Yakuza: Like A Dragon as it contains a free upgrade to the PS5 version. I found it quite cheap for where I live (£18.85).

I didn't realise that since it was the Day Ichi Edition, it meant it was a steelbook cover.

I was really happy to find out that it was a steelbook cover, as I used to collect steelbook editions back on the PS3.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it though, but I'm really looking forward to experiencing the change to a turn-based strategy battle system.

Edited on by N1ghtW1ng

Performance > Resolution
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

PSN: Ra33z_19

oliverp

Right so after not having bought any game for quite some I time I decided to pick up Persia of Persia the Lost Crown last night. Which feels really great because it is a game that I have wanted to own for quite some time (so it feels very nice to have such a good game in my *library). While I as of late have been very restrictive about buying games it feels good to be buying games again.

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic