Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,716

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho that's a shame... still, I'm kinda content with buying a game on PS5 right now just coz it's the PS5 version (with PS5 box art etc.). Its the main reason I'll wait to buy Neir Replicant, as I'm sure that they'll do a PS5 version eventually.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@colonelkilgore @nessisonett @Thrillho Just be careful with Judgment. It starts of quite promising, but after some hours turns into an average Yakuza game. That doesn't have to be a problem at all, just make sure to have expectations set accordingly!

Kidfried

Thrillho

I have succumbed to the hype and ordered Returnal and the Pulse headset too.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@velio84 I’m off work next week so it’s as good a time as any..

Thrillho

hypnotoad

Waiting for RE8 to be charged to my card.
After the frenetic pace of Returnal this will feel like a walk in the park.

hypnotoad

MaulTsir

@nufc365 yeah as previously said 2019 modern warfare is the best, I haven't tried cold War my self but alot of my mates went to cold War and have now come back after a week or 2 and traded it in, Modern Warfare is really good but it's very fast if you haven't played for a while it'll probably take a good few hours to get in to the swing of it, you could always download warzone as it's free and give it a try modern warfare is very similar style gameplay just on a smaller scale

MaulTsir

Voltan

I've heard good things about Cold War's single player campaign but having played the multiplayer beta on PS4, I do agree Modern Warfare was probably the better game.
Of course Cold War has the advantage of being an actual PS5 game but it probably doesn't matter very much in the long run.

Voltan

TraCuz-

@Thrillho Nice Thrill!! Playing this with the lights off and that headset make it super immersive. Enjoy!

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

MaulTsir

@nufc365 there is a battlefield on the ps plus collection for ps5 owners and also battlefield 5 is this months ps plus game mabye worth trying them out

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Sweet! Hope you enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@TraCuz- I won’t be playing with the lights off as I have to start at computers in the dark enough at work!

@RogerRoger Good impressions for it so far with Miles Morales. Good quality sound and very comfortable to wear. The controls are a little fiddly as it feels like you’re randomly pressing things until you get the right button.

The biggest concern is that I am almost certain to lost the tiny Bluetooth dongle for it at some point!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I stuck my dongle into (...ahem) one of the USB ports on the PS5's backside (...yeah, I may have ahem'd too early in that sentence). If you're not likely to use the headset with other devices, it keeps the dongle out of harm's way, alongside stuff you shouldn't be yanking on regularly, and leaves the solitary front port free for inserting sticks, charging peripherals, and other, more transitory usage.

God, it's impossible to keep a straight face whilst typing out some of this terminology.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

RogerRoger wrote:

I stuck my dong into the PS5's backside

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Constable_What

My most recent game is Returnal. I really REALLY wish that the game wasn't so unstable. I almost beat act 2 today and crashed. It just completely ruined the game for me today. He'll I might just uninstall it and wait for a patch that wont delete save data at this rate AND when they add soms kind of save feature.

I don't trust Housemarque to make this game stable so it needs a save feature.

Really disappointed with this game. I should have waited for a sale like I said I was, but it looked (it it is) really fun.
It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but the stress of an impending crash in the midst of a run has spoiled all the fun for me. Probably going to buy Mass Effect and maybe Biomutant next

Constable_What

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I have my external HDD in one of the back ports, as that is the only one the console allows. Then the charging cable in the other back one and the USB dongle (jeez, spellchecker does not like that word) for my headphones at the front.

Everything stays in there permanently, except when I take my headphones and hdd over to my parents once a month or so.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@Constable_What It's wild how much people's experience with the game varies. I had zero problems with it other than the save thing on Wednesday evening (luckily my saves survived).

Voltan

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Blimey, that's some first-class selective misquoting right there, my friend! Have you ever considered a career in political journalism?

Said with tongue (and nothing else) firmly in cheek (the top cheeks, not the bottom ones).

@JohnnyShoulder It's crazy how quickly three USB ports can get themselves allocated. Part of me wonders why Sony didn't integrate the Pulse's wireless gubbins in the same way they do for their controllers, and just make the dongle optional for if you wanna use 'em elsewhere, but then I'm not very technically minded so there's probably a really good (or expensive) reason why they didn't.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah it is to do with latency and that one bluetooth channel is already being used for the controllers, which is why the dongle is required as they would interfere with each other otherwise. That is my understanding of it anyway.

I don't have an issue with it tbf and I don't find it to be an inconvenience. I have loads of USB charging points scattered around my flat, especially now I have working from home environment. So I could use one of those if required.

Oh and sorry to be pedantic, but there are 4 USB slots on the PS5, two at back and two on the front.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic