Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,723

RogerRoger

@sanderson72 Eek! Sounds like you're hitting a lot of the stumbling blocks others have noted. The U.I. does take some getting used to, that's for sure. I think I've finally gotten my muscle memory down, although it's taken me a while as I switch between PlayStation generations quite frequently, so I'll find myself back on my PS4 and press a few wrong buttons, then back on PS5, etc. etc. and you're right, some of the tweaks are so minor or arbitrary, they just feel unnecessary. Hopefully you'll get used to it before too long, especially if your PS5 becomes your primary console going forward.

Seems like Control was one of the more convoluted cross-generation titles, too. I don't have it myself so can't speak from experience, but I gather a lot of folks were confused by which console would see which version of the game. Maybe you can Google a solution, if nobody stops by here?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@sanderson72 Unfortunately you picked a game to try first that had one of he worst upgrade paths, aka making you get a whole new version of the game rather than just upgrading the previous gen version for free (or even a small fee). Not saying you shouldn't have expected it to be simple enough, but that one was not. The only way to play the PS5 version of Control is to get the PS5 version, and obviously even then your save will not transfer.

Like @RogerRoger said, hopefully you get more used to the PS5 and it becomes a better experience than your initial impressions have been so far. I have my own set of issues with the UI, but it's still the best way to play most games, so the games win out in the end.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

sanderson72

@KilloWertz @RogerRoger Thanks for all the comments - thought it was me just being an old, grumpy Luddite but it seems there are still quite a few things that need sorting on the PS5!
So about those folders, Sony....

Tried the PS5 upgrade of F1 2021 yesterday and erm, it's just like playing the PS4 version on the Pro apart from a weird low gear 'ponk' sound coming out of the DualSense which is an odd sound and very annoying! Left the PS4 version downloading again last night.

Also left the PS4 Control downloading last night as the expansions packs (which is what the Ultimate Edition seems to be) are known to be purchased so I'll try to add them once it's installed. TBH, if the PS5 does a decent interpretation of the Pro's experience, I'd be happy continuing on the PS4 version.

Tried a few other games - the PS5 version of Elder Scrolls Online is quite nice with a few extra visuals and a smooth 60-ish fps performance mode.
Playing Hotshots Racing on the 5 looked the same but just felt a bit awkward when trying to drift..?
The DS5 sticks are going to take a bit of getting used to as, IMO, they seem a bit worse than the DS4 ones?

Apart from that, the PS5 seems a bit quieter than the Pro but not as silent as I was expecting and it's enormous bulk really does still disturb me!

sanderson72

KilloWertz

@sanderson72 You're welcome. The actual PS5 version of Control is definitely a superior version of the game, as it looks even better, has a more consistent framerate, and also gets rid of mild glitches like the game stuttering for a second when coming out of the menus and at the checkpoints. Still, I played through and beat it twice on last gen consoles (the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X), so obviously it can still be highly enjoyed without the list of improvements. BTW, it will be exactly like the PS4 Pro version as the PS5 plays PS4 games that way unless it got a new patch to add 60 FPS like some games did (Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, The Last of Us Part II, etc.). Load times will be faster of course, but unless the game got patched, it will play the same way it did on the PS4 Pro.

Yeah, unfortunately the PS5 is not whisper quiet like it could have been. It's obviously still much quieter than the PS4/PS4 Pro were when playing a lot of games as you lose the jet engine noise though. While the coil whine could have been easily avoided, as the Xbox Series X is whisper quiet, I'll still take the PS5 in it's current state over the PS4 Pro.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Lavalera

@JudgeDredd I'm so looking forward to Ishin. I also have it pre ordered. Rgg never lets me down so their games i always pre order. It's easily my most anticipated game of the year, i love the series that much

PSNid: Lavalera

Lavalera

@JudgeDredd Yeah I'm hoping they do Dead Souls and Kenzan too. The only 2 of them i didn't play yet.
I'm pretty sure Like a Dragon Gaiden is this year and LAD 8 is 2024 from what I've understood from the RGG summit i viewed.
Judgement 3 might have a big chance of dropping since both dropped on PC, so the whole conflict with the management of the voice actor and RGG seems to be resolved. Let's hope so. Lost Judgment is in my top 3 RGG game so i could use another one of those

PSNid: Lavalera

Thrillho

@Lavalera @JudgeDredd I’ll be getting Ishin eventually, perhaps after enough time for the legendary CyricZ to do his guide for the game

Thrillho

nessisonett

Bought FIFA 23’s PS4 disc like an idiot because I googled it and it said that there’s a PS5 upgrade. Unfortunately it’s only the overpriced ultimate version that has the upgrade so I’ll have to send it back.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jgrangervikings1

Last night, I bought WEST OF DEAD on PSN as it was on sale for just a couple of bucks. It’s a FANTASTIC game for the price!!!

If you like any/all of these things, you’ll want to pony up the $4 or $5 to get West of Dead:
—Hades
—Rogue-lite games
—Twin-stick shooters
—Cover-based mechanics
—Lots of upgrades, weapons, and level-up weapons
—Pick up and play games
—The narration in Bastion
—Sons of Anarchy’s/Hellboy’s Ron Perlman
—If you only have 15-20 minutes to play but want to scratch that video game itch

jgrangervikings1

Twitter:

sorteddan

@jgrangervikings1
I also bought it coz it was first cheap and looked like something I'd enjoy. Glad you're finding the fun in it. oh and I like lots of those things. I'll have to try and schedule it in sometime soon.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@jgrangervikings1 good shout dude, never heard of it but checked out the trailer having read your post and I like what I see. Sold to the colonel in blood and guts 😉

**** DLC!

sanderson72

@nessisonett Yes, same with F1 2022 - you have to buy the ridiculously overpriced Champions edition to receive the PS5 upgrade.

sanderson72

nessisonett

@sanderson72 I don’t get why it’s so difficult for them to do. The whole smart delivery Xbox thing seems like common sense and nothing to really shout about but too many devs make it look like some revolutionary act!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @sanderson72 I think it is an EA thing in this instance. Dual Entitlement they have labelled it. 🙄

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I bought Serious Sam 4 to co-op with my brother. It’s an enjoyable game, but my God is it optimised poorly. The framerate isn’t great in both performance and graphics modes and the load times are absolutely dreadful for a PS5 game.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Voltan

I may or may not have pre-ordered the collector's edition of Final Fantasy XVI today 🫣

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Noice. What do you get with it?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder A motherf**ing dragon... wait, wrong game.
There's a big statue of Ifrit fighting Phoenix, some metal pins and a cloth map. And a steel case.
Apparently by ordering directly from Squeenix I also get a set of banners for all the in-game realms. And a second, different steel case?
Anyway, looks kinda cool.

Voltan

carlos82

Just picked up Terminator Resistance and I'm enjoying it so far, I've just got to the hospital with the T-800's. The game seems more linear than it pretends to be and as is often the case, the skill trees and crafting simply exist to say there's more to do. On the plus side it makes great use of the license with an excellent soundtrack, vehicles and other elements which are recognisable from the films and a few nice little easter eggs scattered about

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic