Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,712

VGAglory

<sob> Really sad. Purchased a PS5 Digital Version God of War Ragnarok bundle from Playstation Direct, opened it all excitedly today and guess what, NO store redemption key in the packaging. I have bought a PS5 game bundle and have not actually been provided with the game. Really sucks. Checked all the packaging multiple times, definitely was not present. Contacted Playstation Direct (web chat only option), and they tell me they will sort it. Not sure what has happened here, as the box was fully sealed and everything else was present. Annoyed. Not the best start to my PS5 life. Thought buying from Sony would ensure something like this wouldnt happen.

VGAglory

VGAglory

I'm hoping that's what they will do. I had an apology and was told that the matter was logged, would be looked into and that I would hear from them via email. I will trust that this gets resolved. I wonder if I got really unlucky or there is a whole batch out there like that?

VGAglory

LN78

@VGAglory It really does just sound like you've had a touch of bad luck but stuff like this does happen from time to time - there were cases a few years back where brand new pack-in codes for PS4 were irredeemable for whatever reason. I'm sure Sony will be back to you very shortly!

LN78

VGAglory

Thank you, I am sure they will resolve soon, they were extremely apologetic.

VGAglory

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma @JudgeDredd Wrong answer, but it's only because Forspoken is the only one that I'm getting on release day.

I'm looking forward to Atomic Heart, but I still want to wait for reviews and then wait until I have a spot to play it. Like a Dragon I will wait and see on as well, as my one experience with the Yakuza series didn't go well. Yakuza: Like a Dragon didn't work for me very well and I gave up on it. If this is a lot more mature and focused, then I will consider it.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

KilloWertz

@JudgeDredd Thanks. I did download the demo, but never played it as I had already decided that I was buying it a long time ago. If the reviews on Monday are bad, then that could change things, but as of right now, I'll be playing it as soon as I can. It likely won't be on release day since my playing time during the week is usually limited because of work, but I'll definitely be starting it up by the weekend at the latest as long as the reviews aren't horrible as a whole.

I don't buy much outside of PlayStation exclusives on release day, especially for $70, but I'm basically treating Forspoken as one. If reviews put doubts in my mind, then I could try the demo, which is why I never ended up deleting the demo even though I had no intention of playing it.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

oliverp

@Bentleyma Nice games in there. Congrats to the purchase! If it was not for the economy I would likely have had picked up a copy of Forspoken by now because I think the game looks very cool. Now I will wait just a little bit to see the reviews etc. That said I really hope the games sell well because I think the game looks very good and it seems as the developer has put a lot of effort into it (I really dont like all the hate you see around the game).

Edited on by oliverp

oliverp

render

@Bentleyma Very interested in Hogwarts and Dead Space but I'm going to hold out for now. Not long until Hogwarts though, only a few weeks I think, but it sounds like it's garnering a lot of interest even outside of people who like Harry Potter etc. Hopefully it lives up to its potential.

render

Bentleyma

I’m hoping that the releases are spread out enough that I can finish each one before the next one is out. I’m off work this week, so I have two days to finish Forspoken before Dead Space.

I need to stop spending money though! I just bought two copies of Saints Row to co-op with my brother. I got both of them for under £50, which isn’t bad if you consider that it would cost me more to buy one copy from the PlayStation Store.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

Just picked up a copy of A Plague Tale: Requiem for £32.99, not a bad price for a fairly recent release. I did enjoy the first one… and having seen so many people mentioning this sequel as their 2022 GotY means that I’m looking forward to this one for sure.

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore Have fun with that one, that's a great price. If you loved the first one, you are going to enjoy this one as well. The game looks absolutely gorgeous, the music is great and the voice acting is brilliant. Sure it isn't 60 fps but to be fair i barely noticed that while playing.

PSNid: Lavalera

render

I went ahead and preordered Hogwarts Legacy. Having watched a few minutes of various previews and the gameplay trailers I know me and the kids are going to really enjoy playing it. Can’t wait.

render

JoeyBudderz

Waiting to get home to play my freshly downloded copy of Dead Space… im still in the infant hours of multiple games (only owning ps5 for < month) returnal, evil west, deathloop..

FORSPOKEN looks really good I just still cant get behind a female protagonist 🤷🏻‍♂️ sue me..

You may not like video games, but what I learned from them is this: no enemies in front of you means that you are going in the wrong way.

sorteddan

@JoeyBudderz
Returnal also has a female protagonist

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Star Ocean: The Divine Force for £27.99 on amazon. Never played one of these but I did quite like what I saw of this latest installment when it released. Having said that, I don’t think that I’ve actually seen anyone on here mentioned actually playing it, anybody got any thoughts on SO:TDF?

**** DLC!

Lavalera

@colonelkilgore I played it but on the Xbox, that's why I didn't post my thoughts on here. It's an OK game. Not horrible but not something I will remember in a years time. It's very low budget in a lot of ways. The character models look meh and the main guy looks like David Lee Roth. Technically it runs okish. The outside world had a few frame drops here and there. The ai isn't all that smart, they keep standing in stuff they shouldn't and sometimes die to some weird stuff. The story is nothing special. The only thing I liked was the combat to be honest, which kinda felt like budget Tales of Arise. I skipped a lot of the side content to finish the story. Imo it's fun enough to buy on a sale but I regret buying it for full price. I do hope it will click with you more though

PSNid: Lavalera

colonelkilgore

@Lavalera okay, funnily enough it was while I was playing Tales of Arise that I first took notice of Star Ocean: The Divine Force. Oh well, it sounds okay from your appraisal… and with the price that I paid that’s okay by me.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic