Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 281 to 300 of 417

Voltan

@Grumblevolcano That's definitely good news, especially during the holiday season when the demand isn't exactly at its lowest.
Poland's been this way for a while now (actually PS5's been available most of this month and Xbox hasn't gone out of stock for a few months) so we're all getting there.

Voltan

Unlucky13

I'm glad that you guys have more of a chance to get a new system. Its certainly not that way anywhere close to me in the US. My hunch is that the retailers here are focusing on the biggest markets first.

But either way, the more people that get their hands on them (who aren't scalpers), then the more likely there will eventually be units for the rest of us to buy at some point down the road. Supply has to catch up with demand eventually, as long as they keep building them.

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

@ChadR Did you ever get a notification from them that you were in the system before you were able to buy one? I signed up ASAP when they started that program, and have never even gotten an email back.

Unlucky13

ChadR

Don’t recall if they specifically let me know. Make sure you are signed up to receive correspondence from them. I can’t remember where that setting is but I do recall double checking my account to make sure that I was receiving promotional emails from Sony. Good luck!

ChadR

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 pretty sure you should have received something like this.

Untitled

Could have easily gone to spam though.

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Unlucky13

@zupertramp Thank you. I don't recall that I got one of those, but it can't hurt to try again.

I had to reset my password because I couldn't remember it, and while that worked fine on my phone, I'm not able to log in on my PC, which I find to be bizarre. When I use the exact same password, it says that its incorrect and sends an alert email to my account notifying me.

So....I know that I can get emails from Sony. They come to my main email account, and not spam. But I still haven't gotten the one like above. The whole system is weird.

Edited on by Unlucky13

Unlucky13

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 no problem. Registering was no help to me though. Nor my son. Also, keeping up with stock alerts on Twitter it quickly became apparent that the invite still only gives you a shot at buying one; it's not guaranteed. No doubt you probably have a better shot but I'd be bummed if I used an invite only to not get one.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Unlucky13

@zupertramp No doubt. I have a feeling that the sense of hopelessness is going to continue for a long time to come.

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

@nomither6 I agree, but sadly its all mostly fruitless. Its going to be a long struggle, but most of us just have to wait for supply to catch up with demand. Hopefully, some of the demand abates now that the holidays are over, and the casual buyers ease up for a while.

Unlucky13

Unlucky13

Lets say that its a year from now, and most of us still don't own a PS5, and don't know when we'll be able to get one. Would any of you start buying PS5 games that you know that you want should they start going on sale 50-70% off? And then just put them aside for however long until you get a system? To this point, there really haven't been many sales like that, so it hasn't been an issue, but I'm sure that it eventually will come.

Unlucky13

RogerRoger

@Unlucky13 I did that for my PS4 so yeah, I would. I was a couple years late to the generation, but saw several games in a sale and grabbed 'em. They were cross-gen titles as well, so I could've gotten them for my ageing PS3, but I wanted to play them at their best. Sat sealed on my shelf for about five months.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

zupertramp

@Unlucky13 it's definitely an option but I say hold off. If the discount is that deep then the game has probably been out long enough that another sale will come along before you know it. Plus there's a chance you buy something that gets released on Plus or Now, if you subscribe to either.

Black Friday this year was a good example. Bought a few games that i didn't need right at that moment but saw enticing price drops only for them to be on sale for basically the same thing for late December holiday sales. And then there'll be a spring sale I'm sure, then summer... and on and on.

Or your priorities could suddenly change (things happen) and you don't need or can't justify a console so you've got money spent on games that are just gonna sit there.

TLDR ver: whenever you get your hands on a PS5 there'll most assuredly be a sale going on somewhere that you can take advantage of.

Edited on by zupertramp

PhhhCough

It might be a little harder to find hardware. Just found out shaq bought 5000 ps5s and switches, to give away to underprivileged children. Great way to end and start a year.

PhhhCough

redd214

Haven't kept up with this thread but honestly they arent that hard to get anymore, at least in the US, can't speak on other places. It's probably harder to secure a PS4 than it is a PS5 at this point. Good luck to those who still need one!

redd214

zupertramp

@PhhhCough been thinking about this since yesterday and giving a gift that pretty much requires a good, reliable internet connection along with a 4K TV (all at minimum) to underprivileged kids seems odd. It's like giving someone a pony - sounds great in theory but taking care of the dang thing is really expensive. But good for him I guess.

Still I'd like to think there are more meaningful ways to help kids in poverty. College funds, housing, healthcare, owning some means of production... Idk just spitballing.

Unlucky13

@redd214 Well, I'm glad you were able to get one, but I think it depends greatly on where you are. The stock drops seem to happen in the big markets, and not the smaller ones. Stores within 50 miles of me don't seem to ever have any in stock.

Unlucky13

redd214

@Unlucky13 been able to secure a couple dozen over the last 13 months all but two have been online purchases so your point is moot about market size being a factor. Hope you can get one soon!

redd214

Unlucky13

@zupertramp Well, I'm going to want the same games no matter when I get them. And while what you say of the big sales has almost always been true in the past, it seems to have changed in the last year and a half or so. I'll see some games on same for $20, or even $10 once in a while, and then they go back to where they're never below $40 again, and are often full price. So I'm thinking that if I see one that I'm absolutely going to buy and want to have the day I eventually get my PS5, I might just jump on it. Even if it sits on my shelf for a year.

Unlucky13

Sorry, this topic has been locked.