Forums

Topic: When do you predict that "everyone" will be able to buy a PS5?

Posts 261 to 280 of 417

zupertramp

@Gremio108 nice!

@nomither6 yeah I steadfastly maintain the console is way too big. I almost snagged some of those dark plates from dbrand for the rounded corners because the way they jut out is plain stupid but $60 is a little high.

Anyway i struggled with which way to orient it and after setting it up vertically i also put a disc in the wrong way. The drive on the underside (or right side) makes no sense because you've got that stupid plate working against where your hand should be. It's like none of the engineers actually used the drive to test it out. I even took that plate off for a while but it looked weirder and felt too exposed so i put it back.

Some really odd design choices imo.

Edited on by zupertramp

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Gremio108

@Ralizah It's going away for Christmas! As tempted as I am to pop down to the shop right now, get myself a copy of Demon's Souls and crack on, I'm going to wait. Coming down on Christmas morning to find a games console is something you never forget.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Well done! Hope it wasn't too difficult for you to get.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Congratulations to new PS5 owners @nomither6 and @Gremio108 there! Have fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

A few restocks today apparently. I spent 40+ minutes in a GAME queuing system, got to eventually select one of the bundles I wanted only to be told 'not in stock - cannot add to basket', went back to the selection, tried again same result. Finally clicked I one that it would let me add to basket, went through the form filling, got to purchase confirmation and got message 'this product is out of stock - cannot complete purchase. Arrrggggghhh! Went back to selection and now all were out of stock. Guess it's not my day but at least I didn't end up overpaying for one of those bundles with a crappy baseball cap!

So went out to do some shopping. Got back, decided to check stock alerts and apparently Currys also had some in today. Had a look, only bundle available is £650 including Spider-Man MM, R&C Rift Apart, extra Dual Sense and headphones. Damn, a bit more than I wanted to pay and definitely don't need the headphones. Dithered for a bit. Bit the bullet and arranged delivery for tomorrow night.

Now I don't want to tempt fate and won't be sated until I have it unboxed and working, but I have received confirmation email and I think I am now, a year late, actually joining the current gen. Merry XMas all!

P.S. At least I didn't end up with one of those crappy GAME baseball cap bundles!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

@Sorteddan Nice and that's actually not a bad bundle. If you really don't have any use for the headphones (like - you already have a better set) I'm sure you'll resell them no problem. The rest of the stuff seems like something most PS5 users would get anyway

Voltan

sorteddan

@Voltan
Yeah definitely. I would've probably got both games anyhow, except maybe pre-owned for much more reasonable prices. And an extra joypad is a must have. And am now thinking the headphones I may keep or pass on to my nephew as a 'thoughtful' present.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Sorteddan Congrats! And yeah, that is a good bundle, actually. If the headphones are the Pulse 3D ones then you might just like them. I had a nice set of headphones but still bought the Pulse 3D ones just for the convenience of wireless and they also sound a little better than my others.

Welcome to the current gen!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Sorteddan The Pulse headset is great though. I’ve never been one to use headsets before (only previously buying a cheap one to use for GTA Online) but the sound on the Pulse is fantastic and it’s incredibly comfortable to wear.

I’ve not had need to use the mic but hear it’s pretty good as well.

And as said, those are both great games as well. The one good thing about PS5 games holding their value so well is that you can probably get a decent price for them if you’re inclined to sell them once you’re finished with them.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Sorteddan @Thrillho The Pulse microphone is very good by the way. Earlier this year, when I was working from home all the time, I even switched my work-headset and PlayStation-headset, because the Pulse mic was just such a step up for meetings!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

render

@Sorteddan Congrats on getting the PS5, it's about time!! You are definitely going to need those headphones to experience the best 3D audio in Returnal so good purchase

render

Voltan

@Kidfried the DualSense mic is actually surprisingly good too. Not that I'd recommend using it for work meetings (could be weird) but wired headphones + DualSense is a combo that works very well for game chat (which I used exactly twice so far, lol)

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan Well done my man, hope you enjoy your shiny new console when it arrives!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Thanks man. I've literally got that kid night before Christmas giddiness!

Thrillho

@Sorteddan And the bonus of not getting it through Game is you actually get it quickly.

Waiting for mine was like..

Untitled

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Mine with GAME was bang on time. Whereas with Amazon they always seem to deliver right at the end if the time slot they give me.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, it came on time. It's just that the delivery date was like 3 weeks after I ordered it.

Thrillho

Unlucky13

@JohnnyShoulder I am one of the very last houses on my mail route and my UPS route, so I'm in the same boat. I had a delivery last night at almost 8pm, after my suggested window was 2:30-4:30.

Unlucky13

Grumblevolcano

It seems that PS5 and Series X stock for UK is starting to become rather plentiful. PS5 stock has lasted for hours and if you don't mind buying a bundle (e.g. PS5 + Ratchet & Clank + Miles Morales) there's still stock available at GAME for example. Meanwhile on the Series X front stock has been available for a full 2 days and counting.

Grumblevolcano

Sorry, this topic has been locked.