Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,443

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan I generally only go for platinums if I feel it is achievable and I'm still enjoying the game by the end. Some games I've had enough and wanna move on.

Plagues Tale there is a chapter select for any collectibles you may have missed. Thankfully most of the ones I missed were quite near the start of the levels.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, so it's that kinda thing. Sounds good, assuming there's a list of what you got

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan There sure is, it records everything you collect.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@velio84 When you go to trophy details, there's a button you can press to reveal details. Hidden trophies are usually that way because their descriptions contain spoilers.

Voltan

Voltan

@velio84 You can also view the hidden trophy info in the PS mobile app

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Kidfried

Giving Deathloop another try, but it just has so many elements I hate about games these days:

• the frustrated/violent protagonist voice over: "urghhh I will kill all of those mother-"
  • antagonist yelling into a radio, as if anyone would do that
  • lore that boils down to: the enemy is bad. Black and white stuff.
  • "Stealth"game with levels that clearly are not designed for fun stealth gameplay.

I can see it has some good things going for it, but they're just obfuscated some times

Kidfried

nessisonett

Started Nioh 2’s PS5 version since it was a free upgrade. Getting destroyed but at least I’ve beaten the first boss, that took me hours and hours in the first game. Can’t quite get my head around the new mechanics and honestly just want my ninjutsu and onmyo magic as soon as possible.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Man I just got back into Nioh 2 myself, what weapons do you fancy? I find myself enjoying the splitstaff and hatchets. Not sure if it's 60fps on PS4 or not, but it plays pretty buttery on PS5.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

nessisonett

@TraCuz- I like the tonfa and the odachi so far! I was mostly swords and spears in the first game so we’ll see if that changes.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

hypnotoad

House Of Ashes - great little game.

hypnotoad

Voltan

Played a little more of A Plague Tale last night.
It's not a game for people who hate rats, is it? Luckily I'm not one of them.

Anyways, I really like the atmosphere so far and it looks like I'm finding most of the collectibles along the way, so yeah - will probably get the platinum for this too.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Voltan It is a good game and the little improvements for the PS5 version were nicely done, particularly the haptic feedback.

There are quite a few missable chapter specific trophies as well but it’s all very easy to get. There’s also a glitch method to getting enough materials for upgrading your gear which helped massively too!

Thrillho

Voltan

@Thrillho The haptics are pretty good indeed! Like the subtle sensation when going near a bush or something. And while I initially thought holding a trigger to run was a weird choice, I kinda like how they put they used the adaptive trigger to let you feel the footsteps, rather than just haptics.

Voltan

Thrillho

@velio84 Weirdly, the pixelizer is available but only in challenge mode. I think there’s another weapon that also unlocks in challenge mode but I forget what it is.

They only cost a single bolt each to acquire and you need them for the “all weapons” trophy.

Thrillho

Voltan

The Pixelizer in Rift Apart is pretty cool because it uses the haptic feedback (not the speaker) to play tunes

Voltan

ScarletSpidey

@Voltan I loved it for that reason. I think I got it as some part of preorder DLC as I had it from the off. I only found out it was meant to be unlocked in New Game+ when I realised I only had one weapon to buy.

ScarletSpidey

Thrillho

@velio84 Yeah, there’s no requirement for a challenge mode run for the platinum so it’s absolutely do-able on one run.

The whole trophy list is much easier than the PS4 reboot. I had to use a guide to find all CraiggerBears but the rest are fairly organic unless you didn’t use all the weapons.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@velio84 Good to hear that you enjoyed Rift Apart. I have it in the backlog for when the mood hits. I’ve seen player impressions ranging from “best game on PS5” to “fun, but nothing special.” Haven’t seen anything really negative, other than some who seemed to be disappointed or disillusioned about the lack of rift jumping you get to do.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution It does play pretty much like any other Ratchet game so I guess it's fair to say it's not particularly special in that regard. That being said, it's absolutely gorgeous, the story is good, has some epic set pieces and the performances are outstanding. I liked it a lot.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan @velio84 I didn’t play Into the Nexus and my understanding is that Rift Apart is a sequel to that, story-wise. I’m assuming I probably don’t need to try to dust off my PS3 and dig up a copy of Into the Nexus from the bowels of Ebay in order to play and understand what’s going on in Rift Apart? It’s not like the story in these games is terribly complex or overarching.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic