Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 941 to 960 of 3,537

Voltan

@Th3solution You definitely don't need any of the previous games. I guess they'd give you some additional context for a few things but the story 100% works on its own. I actually only played the PS4 game and a bit of Quest For Booty myself.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Th3solution Yeah, the PS4 reboot was my only prior knowledge of the series and it caused no problems.

There are some characters I didn’t know but it didn’t affect my enjoyment at all.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Th3solution "other than some who seemed to be disappointed or disillusioned about the lack of rift jumping you get to do." Yea, aside from a few gimmick moments, the rifts just don't impact gameplay or story at all. Which is a big big missed opportunity, because this game would have been unique if they had used that in some really cool way. (Like going to a place really unexpected like New Donk from Mario, or really mix up different worlds for cool experiences like in Wreck-it-Ralph.)

But instead it's just a very solid Ratchet & Clank game. I guess my expectations were too high?

Kidfried

TraCuz-

I think that I'm just over the gameplay loop, despite it being one of the most beautiful games I've laid eyes on Rift Apart kind of bores me. I can never play for longer than an hour lol.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Jimmer-jammer

@velio84 I enjoyed Nioh 2 even more than the first. The changes made are very smart and my biggest issue with the first (enemy variety) was not merely addressed but far exceeded my expectations. It’s a phenomenal game on every level. Hope you enjoy it!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

TraCuz-

@Jimmer-jammer @velio84 Nioh 2 is my starting point in the series, with the PS5 remaster earlier this year. I honestly didn't know much about what I was getting into. I REALLY enjoy their take on the souls genre, in regards to more engaging and rewarding combat. A good deal of variety between weapons and abilities, for example a new skill that requires you to press R1+Triangle, but having the option to place that skill in low/mid/high stance. I think its brilliant, and also interesting to see it implemented that Final Fantasy Origins demo.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Jimmer-jammer

@velio84 @TraCuz- being half yokai is the biggest change with the sequel. Thankfully it’s not just for aesthetic purposes. The addition of the (many) yokai powers, the ability to be possessed by your guardian spirit via yokai shift and traversal of the ‘dark yokai realms’ littered about the various levels are quite brilliant alterations to the established formula. I also completely fell in love with the new Switchglaive weapon and the character creation is surprisingly robust. I feel Team Ninja really outdid themselves with this one.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Kidfried

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut. Playing this together with my partner, so it'll probably quite a while before we finish it, but that's alright. Enjoying GoT with a G&T was a surprisingly good combination by the way.

Kidfried

Jimmer-jammer

I’ve been utilizing the 120hz mode in Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and I have to say, as nice as 60fps is, the 40fps on offer is very smooth and worth the fidelity boost to my eyes. What a gorgeous game. I’ve also began working my way through Resident Evil VIllage. Was gonna play The Evil Within 2 again for my spooky fill but settled on something new. I’m enjoying it so far. Too early to have much of an opinion.

Voltan

@Jimmer-jammer I'm hoping to get myself a new OLED TV after I move to my new apartment next year and I really hope more games make use of the 120hz displays this way.
I realize 120hz TVs are not going to be the common way to play games anytime soon but 40fps with high fidelity sounds like a great way to do it when available.

Voltan

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan yeah, I wasn’t sure what exactly to expect with it but at this point I’m completely sold on it, at least for this type of game. I imagine it’s still a wee bit jittery for a fast paced first person shooter.

Voltan

Having finished A Plague Tale, I’m having a bit of a what-to-play-next crisis…

Voltan

Voltan

@Thrillho I looked through my library and found nothing that I would feel like playing now, so I think I might have to buy something instead.

Tales of Arise looks good but it feels like it could go on sale soon (like Scarlet Nexus did, same publisher). I never played a game in this series but I tried the demo and it seemed fun enough.

I’m pretty sure I’d like Guardians Of The Galaxy but from what I understand, it might be even better in a few weeks with some patches incoming.

Deathloop is on sale and I want to play it at some point but maybe not now.

I was also thinking maybe F.I.S.T.

I sound like a spoiled kid and I hate it

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Thrillho

@Voltan I know the feeling when you’ve just finished a game you really enjoyed.

Everyone who’s played FIST seems to have enjoyed it and it’s one I’ve got my eye on. It’s also nice and different from Plague Tale too.

I’m keen on Guardians but it’s one I’ll wait for in a sale some time.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan For something different, I would go for Destroy All Humans Remake. And it's currently on sale!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I'm sure that's a fun game and I'd definitely play it if it was on PS Plus

Voltan

Voltan

I think I'll try F.I.S.T. first

Voltan

Adem87

FIFA 22.
Awful game. Great graphics and presentation but actual gameplay is horrendous. The scripting is too much and really does take away the fun element and just becomes a complete chore to play. I can only blame myself for buying this crap year after year with no meaningful improvement apart from the yearly kit and club transfers update.
Terrible stuff from EA

Adem87

jdv95

just finished guardians of the galaxy and man that is a fantastic game!

now it' back to valahalla's discovery tour.

jdv95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic