Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 901 to 920 of 3,535

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore ahh, I get it now šŸ˜† I heard a rumour that Bluepoint are also working on another remake of a ā€œbelovedā€ game alongside their new I.P. ā€¦I canā€™t help but hope itā€™s a Demonā€™s Souls effort remake for Bloodborne. Also, maneaters can eat a fresh cow paddy.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Voltan

As expected, PS5 is now (once again) officially not worth owning, so Iā€™m not sure if I should be playing anything on mine

Voltan

Col_McCafferty

@Voltan At present it is but long-term? When they start releasing 'exclusives' Day One on both PS and PC, with the latter being the superior version, then maybe it's not.

If you have the money then PC gaming is probably the logical choice, seeing as you'll be getting MP games plus titles from Xbox and Sony studios.

I'm definitely in the Jim Ryan Out camp, probably the worst appointment since Man United hired Ole.

šŸ˜‰

Col_McCafferty

RedKnight34

@Voltan @Col_McCafferty

Cant wait to finally get a Ps5 once all sony loyalist stop caring about sony. Cant wait to play Returnal, Rift Apart and Demon Souls

RedKnight34

jdv95

@Col_McCafferty funny you say that because it's shawn layden who was part of the pc plans when he was still ceo.

he said that himself. he also believes that sony won't ever do day and date,since the reason for the pc stuff is to entice pc players to get a playstation by only giving them the game years after their playstation debut.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah Iā€™ve heard that tooā€¦ I have a feeling that if it is true then the Bloodborne remaster would simply be the original, only with all frame-pacing issues removed and 60fps but they would do that ā€˜Demons Souls extra-mileā€™ with the sequel.

Back on Demons Souls, i beat Maneater todayā€¦ twice! Accidentally aggroā€™d Stockpile Thomas when I got back to the Nexus and I quickly accessed cloud saves hoping that it hadnā€™t auto-uploaded. It hadnā€™t but I ended up back outside the Maneater boss-fight. I just have the pure white and pure black tendencies and 1-4 left to do on my first playthroughā€¦ and the second playthrough will be loads quicker, so I ā€˜shouldā€™ be done by this time tomorrow šŸ¤ž.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@Voltan I really don't think PC gamers will be buying PlayStations on the basis of God of War finally releasing on PC. Much more they'll be content on playing lots of other games until the sequel inevitably launches on their preferred platform a few years later and the superior version as well.

More love and care and attention goes on these ports than the console versions. Sad but true. Right now it doesn't change anything for me but who knows what the future might bring?

Col_McCafferty

nessisonett

@Col_McCafferty Actually, the opposite is true when it comes to porting these games to PC. Console games are tailor-made for a specific platform and therefore more time, love and care is put into making it run the best it can using that one benchmark. PC gamers on the other hand are used to varying performance based on many different factors. Like the difference between a fitted suit and off the rack.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore you really are a machine!! Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying my time with the game but Iā€™m just about ready to declare Maneater as my biggest souls struggle. Iā€™m trying to solo every boss, which hasnā€™t been a massive struggle thus far, except for this encounter. I can actually manage the fight pretty well but somehow, without fail, I get knocked off of the bloody platform at some pointā€¦one day. What a fantastic remake though.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer you probably use this strategy yourself Iā€™d imagineā€¦ but in case you havenā€™t tried it, I just use the brazier on the central platform as a barrier and dictate the fight from there. Obviously they can come at you from both directions at once as there are two of them but try and concentrate on the first one until heā€™s down and then move on to the next one.

I just had the peculiar pleasure of farming the plague babies for stones of ephemeral eyesā€¦ donā€™t think I ever had to do that on my past PS3 playthroughs, think I just always had enough. I needed like 15 more than I had in my stock though. As with any item farm, once you find a rhythm itā€™s fine but initiallyā€¦ itā€™s the most horrible rinse-and-repeat ever!

**** DLC!

render

@Jimmer-jammer I concur with @colonelkilgore on using the brazier for cover. I also fell off a few times before I worked out the best tactic but definitely concentrating on one helps as then you don't have to worry about getting blindsided by the other. It is definitely one of the more frustrating bosses in the game.

render

Kidfried

Started playing Ghost of Tsushima earlier today. Director's Cut.

I had to pick a horse, so I chose the most beautiful one. Then the game warned me "don't you want the Deluxe Edition Horse"? And I was like, well, actually no, but if you're making such a big deal about it, then it makes me feel like I'm missing out on something if I don't choose the Digital Deluxe horse. Went to Google, turned out the Digital Deluxe horse is the same horse, just an uglier color.

Weird.

Anyway, I spent an hour with the game now and I'm amazed at how much better than the Infamous games it is so far. Way better writing, interesting characters and a very beautifully created world. We'll see!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore @render Thanks, guys! That sounds about as fun as farming blood vials šŸ˜† Yeah, Iā€™ve been trying to use the brazier as a buffer but at some point I end up getting in a bad enough position to get knocked off. I actually got the closest Iā€™ve been yet yesterday. Didnā€™t get knocked off but the one maneater decided to spam his pounce move and, yeah, no chance for me. My victory cry might wake the neighbours when I finally get this.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, as much as I love my horse Kage, I will admit that I chose him out of obligation because he was marked out as the Deluxe Edition bonus horse. I think, whenever I get around to a NG+ playthrough in the distant future, I might pick differently.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game after it's made such a strong first impression on you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

I got the platinum in Scarlet Nexus and I think Iā€™m going to try A Plague Tale next. Thatā€™s a shorter game, right?

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Think it will probably take you 15 hours max to get the platinum.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@Voltan very easy platinum if you take it slow!

(Or be like me and complete two times)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Voltan In that case be like me and play it your own way, then afterwards go for a clean-up run if you're up for it!

Hope you enjoy. I found it to be an interesting game.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic