Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 881 to 900 of 3,564

TraCuz-

@Th3solution Sol! My guy! Where ya at in 7R?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution I'll definitely give Returnal a go at some point but not yet, got plenty already in my backlog as it is.

I am being tempted by Life Is Strange, the first one, after seeing the first episode is available for free and next four can be bought separately or all five for about £14. I reckon after finishing Control I'll need something different to play alongside AC Valhalla. And with Halloween on the horizon I'm going to start Resi 7, see how far I get with it. I've played both recent remakes and really enjoyed them both but something about the FP mode puts me off a bit. I've got it in my head though that I need to play Resi 7 before I can start Village.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@TraCuz- Hey bud, doing great with it! I’ll give you a tag over on the FF thread with an update.

@Col_McCafferty Sounds good. I really liked Life is Strange more than I probably should have. 😅 I can’t argue the complaints about it that it’s critics cite. It’s janky, dated, and cringey at points. The characters are mostly annoying and ill-conceived. And the dialogue is like a schoolgirl’s bad fiction writing. But I really enjoyed it. 😛 And believe it or not, the follow up prequel, Before the Storm, is actually even better.
I actually have LiS2 in my backlog to play at some point.

I have no idea whether you’ll like it. It’s one of those games that I’m slightly ashamed to be a fan of, but — here we are. A lot of it has to do with the fact there are really only a limited number of these narrative heavy, choice-and-consequence simple chill out games since Telltale is gone now. And LiS does Telltale much better than Telltale ever did Telltale, if you know what I mean.
… But Quantic Dream does it even better. You might check out Detroit Become Human or Heavy Rain if you want the story game choice game done even better. But I like them all.

Edit: and I’ll be super interested in how RE7 goes for you. I feel the same way as you — the FP perspective has me a little worried on how I’ll do with it. But absolutely doing it before Village seems the right thing to do.
For me I’m going to do RE3 then RE4 and then RE7.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Excited to start learning Gulity Gear from scratch after tomorrow's patch 😅

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

Decided to start Death Stranding Director's Cut the other day. Getting back to it today after a few days away from home for work. I had started it earlier this year but decided to prioritise God of War and Ghost of Tsushima over it and waited for the Director's Cut.

I loved the intro, playing it again. I forgot how much I really enjoyed the narrative. Can't wait to get stuck into it again. I've read it takes time to really get going, and I am going to give it that time as I love Kojima's imagination.

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost Nice! I found the delivery gameplay fantastic as well. Such an addictive form of strategizing and skill.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@velio84 I thought that the acting was fantastic in Metro Exodus personally. The moments between chapters on the train are some of the best incidental scenes I’ve ever seen in a game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett I have Metro: Exodus in my library and I’m quite curious about it but I haven’t played the first two. Am I okay to jump in or will I be completely lost narratively?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

@Jimmer-jammer Oh you’ll absolutely miss out on crucial character development and overall plot stuff. The first one is seriously great, the second one a bit more actiony but still good. A little dated visually but absolutely worth playing. I think you’d appreciate Exodus a lot more afterwards.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer I played Exodus after only playing a few hours of the first game, and thought it did a good job of filling in the gaps and did not feel I missed out on much. It's a great game though and comes highly recommended. Felt so immersive.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Latex

F1 2021 good game better than last

Latex

colonelkilgore

First day of gaming for a while… and feeling a tad guilty. I ‘should’ have carried on with Metal Gear Solid 2 HD on the PS3 but I have a couple of weeks off work and I generally like to start something new on the first day of some annual leave, so I started Demons Souls on the PS5. I do plan on trying to finish off the plat on MGS2 sooner rather than later but the house-move imposed gaming hiatus kinda hit me off my stride.

As expected, I’m thoroughly enjoying my time with Demons Souls… and actually struggling a little more than I imagined tbh. Not a great deal… but I kinda expected to walk it but it definitely still poses a challenge here and there for sure.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder

Thanks! Still not 100% sure how I’ll go about it but I’m definitely excited for it.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore well, it’s been kicking my butt! Haha Maneaters have been eating my lunch

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I just made it to 3-2 before I hung up the pad for the day, so I’m sure I’ll receive a warm welcome off of messrs Man and Eater sometime tomorrow.

Slightly off topic (well the topic of the Maneaters anyway), it might well be because Demons Souls (PS3) was my first souls-like (and therefore re-wired my brain to adapt or some-such) but the level design is just another level. I obviously appreciate (more than that even) how Dark Souls managed to configure its areas into some consistent and logical (in fantasy terms at least) continuous world… but the constituent parts of Demons Souls are just plain better for me.

I think I’ve said this before but each of the five worlds just seem ripped whole-sale from my subconscious.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore not sure exactly what you mean by 3-2 (sorry, I’m a little slow sometimes), but maneaters will give you a warm welcome indeed…
The level design is just fantastic. For me personally, nothing beats Bloodborne. I think it’s cool how these games are all similar yet still very different from each other, each doing something a little more special for someone else.

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer no worries, it’s just shorthand for Tower of Latria (Archstone 3), Upper Latria (section 2)… so the Maneaters will be next for me in this world, though I’ll be doing 4-1 (Shrine of Storms - Islands-Edge) next.

I do agree about Bloodborne, it’s level design (well it’s… ‘everything’ actually) elevates the genre (well… gaming imho) to its highest peak yet. You may not know… as I am particularly shy and secretive about it 😉 but Bloodborne is my personal G.G.O.A.T, so i couldn’t be more with you on that one. I also absolutely love Dark Souls but it’s just that the majority seem to place it highest in regards to souls-likes due to its world-design… and while I thoroughly appreciate it, I do place it behind the aforementioned two.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I should know this and I’m too lazy to look it up, but does Demon’s Souls have a performance and fidelity mode like most of these early gen PS5 games? So it’s either 60fps or native 4K / ray tracing? If so, what’s your pleasure? I’d figure 60fps is the priority for this kind of game, but I hear it’s phenomenal graphically so it might be nice to squeeze out every ounce of visual goodness that Bluepoint put into it.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah it does have the performance and fidelity options... it was automatically set to performance and I havent even bothered changing it to fidelity even for comparison-sake. It's all about 60fps if I have the option, so I was (& am) happy with that. It looks gorgeous in performance anyway... and is smooth as butter.

I know youre always on the edge of temptation with From Soft games, you thinking of taking the plunge? 😉

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I like to live on the edge. 😂

Yeah, still considering them all. If I had my way then I’d probably play Demon’s Souls next because the current gen bells and whistles will help pull me through the tough early hours, I think. But it’s the most cost prohibitive. When I was at the GameStop recently I did see it for as low as $55 I think, so I held the jacket for a moment and contemplated it. In the end I conceded that I wouldn’t likely play it anytime in the next month or two so I passed.

I’ve got my next 3-4 “big” games lined up, so I don’t know when or if. But I’ve been known to just abort my plan and play something off the cuff from time to time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic