Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 821 to 840 of 3,538

KilloWertz

@Voltan Sadly, I never noticed that even though I was in a battle this morning where I could use all 3 powers. I guess since the battles can get frantic enough (like that one was), I just never noticed the fact that one of them wasn't even there even though it does show one as being an alternate or whatever when you go into the menus. So, in the end, I ended up misunderstanding your earlier post since I was oblivious to something even though I've played it more than you.

The draw-in is unfortunate as it's some of the worst I've seen. It doesn't ruin the game by any means, but it's so obvious, unlike some where you do notice it from time to time but it can be missed if you're really into it. A shame since it's an otherwise borderline beautiful game, but I'm still highly enjoying it regardless.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

nessisonett

God I wish I’d gotten Super Monkey Ball on Switch so that I could use my Cube controller. The DualSense is good but the sticks just are not right for that level of precision.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@KilloWertz I’m starting to think it’s a little weird that some characters will try to kill you a number of times during missions and then will call you to have a friendly chat over a soft drink during the “standby phase” and everybody’s like “hey, no hard feelings”
Not everything has to make sense, I guess
I’m playing the Yuito story first but I will play the other one too (maybe not immediately). I imagine they’re using mostly the same locations and fights but probably a pretty different perspective on the events so that should be cool.

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan Yeah, you're not wrong. That is a bit weird, but like you said, I guess it's not all supposed to make sense. I know I wouldn't just sweep it under the rug if that happened to me, but oh well.

I know at the very least your group of teammates would be different since the group completely splits and chooses one side or the other eventually once the rebellion really starts. Maybe it is from the very beginning. Not sure since I'm playing the Kasane story, but I did see Yuito have different teammates when watching a gameplay video.

If I remember correctly from when another person on my PSN friends list played it right after release, I don't think the game is drastically different otherwise (they both have the same powers), but it's not overly long, so playing as both shouldn't be too bad regardless. I doubt I will anytime soon after beating it with Kasane, but it's not because I never want to play the game and more because I have plenty of other games to play.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Kidfried

@nessisonett DualSense controllers have brilliant precision, way better than the ol' 'Cube. You're just getting older and worse at gaming, my friend.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Oh, and I'm playing Hades non-stop. I should be playing Deathloop, and all those cool and great new games, but I just can't stop escaping the underworld!

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Yeah that’s not true. Especially with Super Monkey Ball and how much the gated stick helped. The physics themselves are stiffer though and the fact my DualSense is drifting after 7 months and my 20 year old Cube controller works perfectly fine albeit with Milkybar stains says a lot.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@Kidfried How you getting on with Hades? Having had problems initially I now can't stop escaping. I think I've pretty much done all the story bits so just whittling down the trophy list. I did the get 30% bonus damage with the Pierced Butterfly last night and ended up with so many great boons that I just destroyed everything out there. It's good fun still!

render

Voltan

@render @Kidfried I left Hades alone for a while because I wanted to play some other games but I’ll have to get back in a while. The game will not fully beat itself

Voltan

render

@Voltan I'm thinking of putting it down now and getting on with Death Stranding DC. If I don't do that then I can't play Kena and Alan Wake

render

NedStarksGhost

I'll be getting Hades for my birthday later this month, I'm very excited!

NedStarksGhost

render

@NedStarksGhost It's very good. There's quite a lot to unlock and it's great making progress through the story. I haven't enjoyed it as much as Returnal but still a great game.

render

Mgene15

Kena, Diablo 2, and Until Dawn love this game!

Mgene15

Kidfried

@NedStarksGhost It's really good. In all honesty, I was quite skeptical seeing a Supergiant game being nominated for Game of the Year awards. Bastion was great fun, though not game of the year-worthy, and their games since have not been so great. Hades is in another league.

And I don't want to hype up the game to much for people that still have to play it. It's still an indie game. Nothing about it is mind blowing at first. But it is just so wonderfully crafted. So much effort has been put in all those lines of dialogue, great art design, lore to dress up the game, and balancing of all the boons and gameplay elements.

Also, I just love games you can keep playing forever like old arcade games. And Hades does that job even better than Returnal in my opinion.

It's not often that games capture me like this.

@render I am at a similar point as you. Beat what is considered the main story, and am now focusing on maxing all bonds and unlocking all aspects. I just love doing a at least one playthrough every evening.

Kidfried

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer Demons Souls is next on my list after MGS2 as it goes. Glad you’re enjoying it as much as you are… can’t wait to try it for myself.

… and yeah we should have everything sorted in regards to the new house relatively soon. We’re having my family and my partners family over for Christmas (everyone’s staying the night too) so we’ve had to make sure we’ve ordered a big enough table and enough beds and seating and such. Now we just need to order the TV unit, office furniture and gym equipment. Shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

**** DLC!

NedStarksGhost

@Kidfried sounds right up my street! I've seen snippets of gameplay and it really does look superb.

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@Kidfried Makes me want to really try Hades. After all those hours in Returnal, I don’t think I want to do another Rogue-ish game just yet though.

Do you think you’ll ever try to complete Returnal? If memory serves, you were stalled on Biome 4 last I heard.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore for some reason I thought you’d already played through Demon’s Souls. You’re definitely in for a treat. It’s classic Demon’s Souls but with a seriously gorgeous lick of new paint. Wishing you well with the move and the settling in. Enjoy the moment!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer Thank you mate.

So I’ve played through the PS3 version twice (edit. actually thrice)… and actually picked up the remake on its day of release, but you know how those backlogs get right. Also, as souls-likes are my absolute favourite genre, I limit myself to 2 per year so I never run out. This year was Ashen and Demons Souls, next year will be Elden Ring and Nioh 2 etc. I could go on until 2026 but I won’t bore you… needless to say, if for some reason we stopped getting Souls-likes I’d be okay for around half a decade 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic