Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 401 to 420 of 3,537

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution Oh funny you should mention Resi 3, just finished it last night and whilst it's not quite as excellent as Resi 2 I still think it's definitely worth playing. Some people might finish in under 6 hours but with me closer to 12. I had a lot fun with it, some frustrations as well but those usually involved boss fights!

Give it a go mate, didn't take long to get me hooked.

Now I have finished it I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what to play next. Thinking Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy VII or maybe dive back into Resi with 7 on Plus. I also have Miles Morales, Control and Ratchet and Clank on my list but I've only recently finished Spider-Man so want to take a break from Insomniac games for the time being.

Decisions, decisions.

🤔

Col_McCafferty

RogerRoger

@Th3solution A wise note of caution there. It's interesting because these games originally released two, sometimes three years apart, and yet now that we have them all to hand, all at once, we don't quite know how long to leave in between them. Because you're right, it's one thing to try and avoid burnout, but the danger of losing interest in an ongoing series is also very real.

I think Uncharted is a tough series to get right because none of its individual instalment are what you'd call a "big" game, not by any metric. @Col_McCafferty mentions spacing out Mass Effect and I'm definitely with them there, but when each of Nathan Drake's adventures are lucky to hit the eight hour mark (even with Photo Mode and collectibles thrown in) it can be tricky to feel like you've had enough after just one by itself, provided you've enjoyed the experience. Whenever I've played the first game, I've invariably booted up the second right away; it's usually halfway through that when regret starts to creep in. It's why, despite Uncharted 3 being my favourite, I've played it the least.

Gonna be real interested in what @NedStarksGhost makes of 'em, and whether they end up getting hooked and blasting through two (or more) consecutively. It's all down to personal preference at the end of the day, I suppose, so I hope you have a positive experience regardless!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger @Th3solution @Col_McCafferty

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on my thoughts as I go through them, I'm intrigued myself to see if I decide I want to power through them or not! I didn't expect a mini experiment to happen when I joined this forum!

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost No pressure… but we’re all counting on you! Future generations of Uncharted newcomers will be in the balance!
😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty Do you have RE4? I forgot if you’ve played it yet.

I’d lean toward trying one of the Insomniac games. It would be the biggest change of pace from what you just played. Unless you feel the horror desire hasn’t been quenched yet, in which case RE7 or RE4 would be interesting to do back to back since the gameplay of both is apparently a huge change — more actiony in the case of one and to first person view with new characters in the case of the other.
Control is also light horror, more of the psychological horror vibe. Not like zombies, gore, and jump scares, but rather weird incantations and floating corpses. Combat is ace and very kinetic and unique. ME2 would be a fresh change too, as would FF7, which I’m thinking of starting within the next couple months too. (But also have the two Insomniac games to compete with for my attention and the RE games too 😅)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Once you've finished the first game, I'll walk you through what we expect of your report, y'know, its format, targets, your own key performance indicators, that kinda stuff.

Just kidding.

I don't work for HR. They'll walk you through it instead.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution Hi mate, no I don't but seeing as there could be a Resi 4 remake at some point I'll wait until then.

I'm thinking I'll try something really different and go for Final Fantasy VII. Only question regarding that is I have a PS5 but my copy of the game is PS4. Will I get the option at the time of downloading to go for the PS5 version or will this only come up once I've downloaded the PS4 game?

It's not a problem either way but I just want to make sure I do it right!

Thanks for your recommendations as well, I'll play every game mentioned at some point this year for sure.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I’m pretty sure that you have an option to download the PS5 version from the get-go by clicking the little dots on the game’s page which brings up the option to switch over to the PS5 version, then hit download from there. I’ve not done it on this game yet, but I don’t think the PS4 ver. has to download with FF7R that I’ve heard of, but I could be wrong. I do know the DLC won’t show up as an option on the PS4 version.
On Control: Ultimate Edition — yes, the PS4 version auto-downloads at the same time as the PS5 version for some strange reason and you can just go back and delete the useless PS4 version. It’s a bigger file anyways.

Edited on by Th3solution

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution Thanks again, I think I'll go with Cloud and company for my next AAA gaming experience!

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I’ll hopefully be close behind you so I look forward to reading your impressions!

KilloWertz

@Col_McCafferty Good choice... since I'm also playing the PS5 version of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I loved it the first time I played it (obviously on PS4), but now the PS5 version gives me the perfect excuse to play it all over again.

I'm also pretty sure that it will download the PS5 version just fine via the method Th3solution mentioned. I ended up buying the PS5 version even though I already had the PS4 one because it would have taken a long time to download since I have mediocre internet and I can only download overnight since we stream our TV instead of cable. So, obviously I didn't download it digitally, but that method seems to be what you have to do with cross-gen games for the most part if it's digital (or in your case a PS4 disc).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Col_McCafferty

So Final Fantasy VII remake, within about 3 seconds of the opening credits I realised I had made the right choice in my next 'main' AAA gaming experience!

Wow, this is going to be something special. Love the cast, the introduction into the story wasn't overwhelming and confusing for a complete newcomer to the series. The combat on the surface seems pretty straightforward but obviously there's a lot of tips and tricks that I'll need to learn in order to get the most out of it.

Glad I waited until I got hold of a PS5 before playing this game. I'm sure I would've enjoyed it on PS4 but it does feel like a step up from both Spidey and Resi 3 and I've barely scratched it's surface!

Oh and the music, ***** me if this isn't some of the most epic ***** you'll ever hear. It's very different from the music in Persona 5 but it has that same vibe where it really does help suck you into this world and gets the blood pumping.

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty sounds like your gonna really enjoy. I was (still am I suppose) a noob to the series
last year, when a friend twisted my arm into playing both FFXV and FFVIIR. I enjoyed both… funnily enough considering the fan-base reaction I actually preferred XV (ever the contrarian). So, if once you finish VIIR you’re still craving some FF I would definitely suggest XV.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@colonelkilgore yeah I've got my eye on XV as well, it's part of the Plus Collection so why not?!

No idea when I'll ever get round to playing it mind, games list is growing and growing.

😝

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty I’m right there with ya on that one 😉. Only today Scarlet Nexus turned up… and although it is way (like WWAAAAAAAYYYYY) down the schedule, I’m feeling a real pang to start it after I finish what I’m currently playing. Be strong colonel… be strong!

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@colonelkilgore Ha, I'll try mate.

😉

It wasn't that long ago I was struggling to find something new to play but then I bought Mass Effect LE and Resi 3 and then got a PS5 and games in my backlog like Final Fantasy become an option and now I've got more than enough to last me well into 2022.

I'll drop everything though once Horizon Forbidden West comes out, that's a day one must play asap game as far as I'm concerned.

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty 🤣 I’ll see your ‘well into 2022’ and raise you with ‘meticulously scheduled until January 2025… and still have over 125 games remaining once I get to that point’. 😅

What I’ve slowly realised is though, is that a backlog is far more of a blessing than a curse. I used to be an incredibly blinkered gamer… and as a result, once I was finished whatever I was into, I would have no idea what to play next and would just end up waiting for a big new release that tickles my pickle. Now I’ll try any genre, I have a lot of catching up to do 😓… but I am never stuck for something to play 😉. I know which scenario I prefer.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

velio84 wrote:

Do you guys reckon I should push through it a bit further…

I do bud, the combat does improve as things get trickier, as well as when your understanding of and access to the various materia improves. It certainly wasn’t my personal game of the year last year, as it was for so many others… but it was well worth the perseverance. Also it’s not a long game (unless you want to plat it in which case it will take up some considerable time) and I reckon the story is/will be so good that it’ll be well worth playing each part as they’re released just for the narrative alone.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

@Col_McCafferty You would have enjoyed it just fine on PS4. Agreed that it is a very special game though.

It is a quality step up though on PS5, and obviously they fixed the infamous door.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic