Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 381 to 400 of 3,566

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty Nice. I still need to play RE3. Do you plan to play anymore of the rest of the series?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

After finishing up the first Mass Effect (want to take a little break before I start 2), I started up Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade. It'll be a treat to play this game again, as it was my game of the year last year and it looks and runs great on the PS5.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Col_McCafferty

@Th3solution Definitely. Resi 7 on that Plus Collection so will at the very least give that a try and probably dip into Resi Village afterwards.

I'm definitely a fan of the series!

Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

@JohnnyShoulder yeah, I noticed that with Spider-Man. Could take a while to load on PS4 but really quick on PS5.

Sadly it wasn't the upgraded version but seeing as they changed Peter's face maybe that's for the best.

Col_McCafferty

NedStarksGhost

Ghost of Tsushima is just amazing. I find it incredibly hard to put down. I love the characters and side quests. Even though a lot of the mission mechanics are very similar, the story of each one is brilliant.

The combat though is incredibly fun and sleak. I can't get bored of all the different stances and combat options with ranged and ghost weapons. It really has been a joy to play and not something I intend on rushing to finish!

NedStarksGhost

Splat

I just started Control after never getting around to it on PS4. I'm enjoying the gameplay but the map is terrible like one of the worst I have seen in awhile.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Voltan

@Splat I think everybody agrees about the map Fortunately most of the time you'll be perfectly fine without it.

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Voltan Yeah, it really doesn't ruin the game at all. It was still one of my favorite games of the last generation even with it. You get used to it for the most part, although I did do some running around I shouldn't have had to do just to find something a few times.

I will say it's map is still a lot better than The Witcher 2's, which gets my award for the worst map in a game of all time. When I tried that on Xbox a year or so ago, I couldn't even finish the game because the map was so awful. Unlike running around searching a few times in Control, I was doing it constantly in The Witcher 2 because so many things weren't even listed on the map, let alone just hard to find like in Control.

Edited on by KilloWertz

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@Splat Yeah, it’s been stated before, but use the in-game signs pointing to the different departments and offices to find your way around. That works pretty well 90% of the time and is easier to navigate than looking at the map. Control is one of my favorite games of the last few years!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@Splat I'm sure one of the changes they made in a patch was to improve the map so you are probably lucky it's as good as it is now

render

NedStarksGhost

Having a few hours today on Ghost of Tsushima I think. I wish I had more time to play this gem.

I've found when I have a long break from playing I struggle to play for the first few fights, remembering the mechanics. Whilst it takes inspiration from other games it definitely has a unique feel to it also!

I'm also deciding what to play after finishing. I've got the following on my shortlist: Returnal, Uncharted Series, Demon's Souls, Control. Anybody recommend what to go for next?

NedStarksGhost

Thrillho

@NedStarksGhost You could play an Uncharted game in between all of those you mention.

Returnal is probably the best at showing off the abilities of the PS5 and we have a good active thread for the game on here at the moment.

Thrillho

NedStarksGhost

@Thrillho I did like the look of Returnal. I'll probably go with that and mix in Uncharted when I don't fancy the groundhog day challenge!

NedStarksGhost

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost I'll second what Thrillho suggests about the Uncharted series. As short-but-sweet cinematic adventures, they're perfect for dropping in between longer, tougher games. It'll also help space them out because, if you attempt to play all five (or six if you've got a PS Vita) in one hit, they can kinda blend together and lose a lot of their individual appeal in the process.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Col_McCafferty

@RogerRoger oh I completely agree with that. I bought a PS4 back in early 2017 and basically purchased all the main Naughty Dog games at the same time (although my main was Arkham Knight). Ended up playing the first three Uncharted games relatively close together and by 3 I was becoming a little burnt out on the mechanics and vibe. Took me a long time before I finally played 4 and enjoyed it so much more as a separate experience.

I made sure I spaced out the BioShock trilogy last year and am doing the same with Mass Effect, finished the first early last month and have played some games since before I start 2.

Maybe some series get better or at least stay as good when played back to back but I just think one is better off leaving something of a gap between each installment. Helps keep things fresh.

Col_McCafferty

NedStarksGhost

@RogerRoger makes sense! I may even start them now. There's some days after work I just fancy a quick drop in game, so that will be perfect.

@Col_McCafferty I had a similar issue with Dark Souls 1 and 3 recently. I finally completed DS1, and went straight for DS3 and was struggling. Didn't have the same enthusiasm to progress and haven't touched it since. Some games just do not feel good back to back.

NedStarksGhost

JohnnyShoulder

@Col_McCafferty I played Uncharted 1 - 3 over a period of about 12 months, in-between games and was kinda begrudgingly playing them towards the end of each game. I did have Uncharted 4 but I gave it to my niece when I gave her my ps4. It is part of the PS Plus collection, but I was hoping for a 4k 60fps update but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Just2Milky

Bought subnautica in the sale and am giving it a go!

“I’m a really good lawyer.”
———
“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them; In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.”

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty @JohnnyShoulder @NedStarksGhost @RogerRoger I agree on the philosophy of granting some time between sequels in most cases. But I have found sometimes waiting too long between playing installments in a series runs the risk of sapping momentum. I’ve experienced it recently with Resident Evil and with Assassins Creed. Upon completion of RE2 I was so excited to play RE3 but figured I’d give some time on other things and come back to it and in the meantime I’ve lost some of my motivation for the series. I’m sure it will rekindle after a few minutes in the game, but the inertia of playing what’s on my mind has softened the preexisting enthusiasm. Same when I finished AC Origins. I really wanted to jump straight into Odyssey, but restrained myself because I knew it would burn me out. Now I don’t even have the game on my next 10 game layout. All excitement is gone. But perhaps playing Ghost of Tsushima in between has had as much to do with that as anything. And honestly, I’m in process of Uncharted replays and after UC1 I put off UC2 and am struggling to see where I’ll work it in. Maybe reading Ned’s impressions of the series will re-energize my desire to resume my replay. I really to wonder how I’ll like UC2 now since it was probably my very favorite PS3 game several years ago.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic