Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 421 to 440 of 3,537

Col_McCafferty

@KilloWertz Well, someone above doesn't seem to think it's all that.

The combat is different but I reckon my experience with Persona 5 has strangely helped me adjust. Yes it's real time but there is strategy involved and I can imagine how it's easy for some newcomers to feel a tad overwhelmed by all the info that's thrown your way. Like anything though, practice makes perfect or at least you'll feel more comfortable with it the more you play.

Don't think it's cheesy at all, it's a JRPG and proud of it but has made me laugh and smile several times already.

Yeah, the 'door'. Not seen it yet but I'm sure it won't ruin my enjoyment.

😉

Col_McCafferty

KilloWertz

@Col_McCafferty True. No game clicks with everybody though. What matters the most if it clicks for me (and obviously in this case, you).

I don't think it's cheesy either. If you're not a fan of JRPGs like we are, I get it I guess, but I have no problems with the dialogue either. It's definitely more "mature" than older Final Fantasy games.

They fixed his apartment door for the PS5 version, so you'll never notice the difference. Even on the PS4, I didn't mind it, even though it made no sense how it happened to slip through.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@KilloWertz so I must’ve missed it… or just plain forgot, what’s this about a ‘door’?

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore A door is a hinged or otherwise movable barrier that allows ingress into and egress from an enclosure....

Real answer: There were a few occasions in the PS4 version that the textures were really low quality. Of course the internet being what is, decided that this was The Worst Thing Ever.

PS5 Version
Untitled

PS4 Version
Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder To be fair, that door did stick out a lot. It really is awful and comes after the game’s opening sequence looking universally brilliant at all times. The lip syncing with the NPCs is way worse than that door though!!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KilloWertz

@colonelkilgore The apartment door where Cloud lived was missing it's textures on it, which obviously really stood out. They never bothered fixing it on the PS4 version for some reason, but the door looks normal now on the PS5 version.

Honestly, it became a bigger deal than it really was, but it is still nice to have it fixed regardless. It doesn't change the game at all naturally, but it doesn't stand out anymore.

Edited on by KilloWertz

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah it deserved to criticised, but not to the degree it got to imo. And yeah some of the NPC's were generally a bit rubbish. Also when in a town you had a about a dozen different characters all talking over each other, which made it sound it like some sort of horror film.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s just the way the internet works, the more something’s talked about then it grows exponentially. Exposure begets exposure. Same as puddlegate.

JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@velio84 I’ve got TLoU and TLoU2 coming up at the start of September, played through one at release but want to playthrough it again to have it all fresh in the memory to get the most from 2.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Jeez, Kurt Angle’s looking old 😂

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I played TLOU last year before getting to the second game and was surprised at how little of it actually remembered. The DLC is really good too which I never played back on the PS3.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho yeah I’m really looking forward to it as although I wasn’t blown away by it as a game, I remember thinking the story and characters were brilliant. From what I’ve seen of the sequel, the actual gameplay looks to have caught up too.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@velio84 sounds awesome, I’ve got a week off in September to play through it… glad I waited too as it’ll be looking glorious in 4K 60 on the PS5.

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

@velio84 Hi, yeah I totally agree about The Last of Us Part II. It's just an amazing game and emphasis on game. Despite all the fuss over the story and some of the characters, it is still very much a game. The gameplay is much improved from the first title and also Uncharted and yes, the level design is fantastic. The quality sound design and emotional score just adds to the overall package. A special special game....

But, four hours in, I'd say the same thing about Final Fantasy VII. I appreciate JRPGs aren't for everyone but this doesnt even have turn-based combat, real time with the ability to freeze the action and go tactical as well as swap between party members. Yes there's a lot of information and tutorials thrown at you in the early parts of the story but this is necessary of course.

I'm charmed by the characters, really like the story and being in control of a cynical Merc isn't that far removed from a grizzled Witcher. The graphics are good and the music is just sublime. Maybe it will never 'click' with you (see what I did there 😉) but don't give up. Take your time, read some guides online, listen to the score during off time, do something to allow it to get under your skin.

I'm only 4-5 hours in but so far it's the best new game I've played in a long time, probably since The Last of Us Part last summer. If we discount gameplay loops that I'm familiar with than it would be since Persona 5 last March.

Col_McCafferty

KilloWertz

Jeez, you guys are slackers. I'm over 10 hours in. I'm where you meet Aerith for the second time.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Col_McCafferty

On Chapter 4 now and this game continues to just get better. The characters are just brilliant fun to be around and I can tell Cloud is starting to warm to them as well.

😉

I'm starting to get to grips with all the materia and equipment add ons and stuff, the combat is pretty darned great as well. Just played a bit of darts although they got that wrong, need to check out on a double or bull. Maybe they have different rules in Japan!

Col_McCafferty

Voltan

I put over 100h into Final Fantasy 7 Remake last year (got the platinum, which includes doing the game on hard mode and then some), which is the only reason I'm not playing it now... I will probably revisit it sometime this year still
I wanna do the Yuffie chapter but I kinda wanna do the PS5 version of the main game again first. Maybe not twice this time

Voltan

KilloWertz

@Col_McCafferty Whatever. You just like looking at Tifa's butt... Seriously though, it is indeed a pretty good group of characters. Obviously I would think so since this is the second time I'm playing it. Of course I love the game itself, but if the characters weren't so good, I don't know if I would be playing it yet again. Or at least not enjoying it as much as I am once again.

Off topic, but the Mutual Game tracker on PSN on the PS5 is a mess. I'm guessing it works better if you've had the person on your friends list prior to the PS5, but it shows us playing only 2 games mutually even though I looked at your list of games and we have a ton. Not a big deal, but a thing I noticed after you accepted my friends request today.

@Voltan Yeah, I'm thinking 3 times might be enough... unless you really want another platinum.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic