Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 3,502

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger That has just swung one knotch towards giving the game a go knowing it has dual sense support. Thanks for the update (on the update)!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder I struggled to get £20 for mine on eBay so definitely don't pay any more than that for it.

LN78

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 Oh there is still ways for the pendulum swing in its favour. I will probs wait until it comes onto PS Plus. Saying that, some of the complaints regarding the story beats I think I can live with.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder The story is fine (pretty good in a couple of spots) and the rest of it sure is a videogame that came out last year. If it was a colour it would be beige.

LN78

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder No problemo. Crunchy triggers mean that much to you, then? It's interesting because I got the impression that folks were 50/50 on 'em.

Anyway, as and when (or if, even) you give the game a shot, I hope you enjoy it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah I do love all the stuff with the Dual Sense.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Awesome! Well, it's no Astro's Playroom but it's there, so I hope it helps!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger As far as best use of adaptive triggers (and the DualSense in general), Astrobot definitely takes the cake. But also, shout-out to Returnal, Rift Apart, and GT7. As far as third-party I really liked the use of the triggers in Control: Ultimate Edition too. With special commendation to Marvel’s Avengers, surprisingly. Too bad the rest of the game was so mediocre.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

Returnal is indeed great, still my favorite implementation.
In recent memory Ghostwire Tokyo was also pretty good in that regard.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @Voltan Yeah Returnal has my fave use of Dual Sense too and also 3D Audio.

Kidfried

Jedi Fallen Order "PS5" version. Had to put that between quotes, because... well, I forgot how annoying it is when games are poorly optimised. Unnecessary long loading times, stuttering, frame drops... and there's so much jank.

Still enjoying it a lot!

Kidfried

sorteddan

@Kidfried
I'm currently playing that as well, seems like I have been doing for an age. Quite like it but can't seem to manage more than an hour or so at any time. How far are you into the game?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Kidfried

@sorteddan Early still. Played only three hours or so, and I'm a slow player too. You?

Kidfried

sorteddan

@Kidfried
Maybe around two thirds to three quarters I think (save game says @70% but I don't know if that just counts the main game or also includes chests/secrets etc.) - According to the rarely reliable counter on the profile it says around 11 hours, though I feel like it should be higher.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Kidfried

@sorteddan Adn what do you think? What makes you not be able to play it for more than an hour?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

sorteddan

@Kidfried
I honestly don't know. I like it but don't love it. I want to enjoy it more than I actually do. The combat, exploration and story are all done well but it just doesn't click with me for reasons I'm not fully sure about. Think I'd currently give it a solid 6 out of 10 but am more looking forward to finishing it than I am playing it.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @Voltan @JohnnyShoulder I usually deactivate adaptive triggers wherever possible, but I will admit that I quite liked 'em in Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut. They're only implemented for the bow and grappling hook and since I used those things infrequently, the novelty felt fun.

By comparison, because I main a powerful bow in Horizon Forbidden West, I had to switch 'em off after a few minutes because I was just getting knackered.

Kidfried wrote:

Jedi Fallen Order "PS5" version. Had to put that between quotes, because... well, I forgot how annoying it is when games are poorly optimised. Unnecessary long loading times, stuttering, frame drops... and there's so much jank.

Not to mention they broke the Photo Mode, making it look uglier than the PS4 version. It's pretty much a disaster of an "upgrade" across the board, which is a real shame.

Glad you're enjoying the game, though! Hope it holds your attention going forward!

@sorteddan If your save reads 70% and you haven't been unlocking every route, exploring every map and opening every chest, then I reckon you're quite close to the story's endgame (as in, another couple hours and you'll be watching the credits) because yes, the percentage counts everything. Not too much longer!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger It weird how we all have different limits in these things. I'm over 100 hours in Horizon Forbidden West and not felt any ill effects due to any of DualSense implementation.

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Ah, it's good to know I was not the only one let down by the PS5 version. I know we're spoiled by so many great upgrades from PS4 games. I bought Jedi years ago, so this upgrade was free, so maybe I shouldn't complain, and accept I came in with too high expectations.

Still looking forward to my next gaming session with it!

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried @sorteddan Fallen Order was the first thing I played on my PS5 and that was just the PS4 version at higher frame rate and I had no problems with it at all.

I mean some of that may have been the noticeable changes swapping between consoles as I’d played most of it on PS4 but it does sound like they made a real mess of the upgraded version.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic